Beaumont United vs Jack Yates nov. 10 @ Campbell Center

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I was told Monday the first 4 games (not in order) are Yates, Silsbee, PA Memorial and Houston Madison.  Going to see what the Wolves are made of early...

Silsbee is the Saturday after thanksgiving if I remember correctly.  The day after we play Maxi and his South Garland teammates.

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There’s one game where silsbee won’t have the best guard on the court.  Tyrese Maxey is on another level. 

Thats what i hear.   Would like to see this one but not sure about going all the way to Dallas on that day.   Not sure if we will make this game exciting or not,  i have plenty of faith in my Tigers and we have fought with some of the big guys before.  I wouldnt be as concerned i guess if it was just Maxey but they arent ranked #2 in 6A just from one player.i see they also have a 6’10 inside which will be tough on us.  Will be a fun one and a good test for my Tigers.

29 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Thats what i hear.   Would like to see this one but not sure about going all the way to Dallas on that day.   Not sure if we will make this game exciting or not,  i have plenty of faith in my Tigers and we have fought with some of the big guys before.  I wouldnt be as concerned i guess if it was just Maxey but they arent ranked #2 in 6A just from one player.i see they also have a 6’10 inside which will be tough on us.  Will be a fun one and a good test for my Tigers.

They also have a guard committed to Texas A&M. 

Dickinson v Morton Ranch might be a good game.  I won't be there though.  Maybe I can catch the 2nd half of the Yates v BU game, just to see what each one of them looks like this season.  I think this is BU's first game ever.

Concordia v PA Memorial, not bad.

Eisenhower v Klein Forest, should be a good game.  Most of the students in this area I live in go to one of those schools or the other.  

Silsbee v SG?  As Hoops said, if Silsbee manages to keep this game interesting that would be impressive.  Didn't let the 4A trophies totally fool ya, when u get on the court with teams like SG, Wagner, etc, you are tryna stomp with the big dawgs.  

Thankful for the back to back trophies just the same.  Three would be even nicer.

17 hours ago, TxHoops said:

There’s one game where silsbee won’t have the best guard on the court.  Tyrese Maxey is on another level. 

Maxey is a freak for sure. I wish (for him) that his shot and release was above his eyes..but he gets it off quick so it doesn't always matter.  Plus he can get off of the floor in a hurry.  Either way he's the real deal. 

1 hour ago, 409ANALYST said:

Maxey may be great but can one guard deal with our 3 headed monster in Silsbee?  I have already arranged to take off for the United game so I won't be able to see the game against South Garland.

Garland has a 2 headed monster, plus some other really good players. They honestly might have the best two players on the court. Maxey is unreal.

1 hour ago, About a week ago said:

Garland has a 2 headed monster, plus some other really good players. They honestly might have the best two players on the court. Maxey is unreal.

2 hours ago, 409ANALYST said:

Maxey may be great but can one guard deal with our 3 headed monster in Silsbee?  I have already arranged to take off for the United game so I won't be able to see the game against South Garland.

Maxey has his way almost every time he steps on the court.  There’s a reason Kentucky was willing to take him this year had he reclassed.  And make no mistake about it, he would have played in Kentucky this year.  And Chris Harris is a 4 star Texas A&M commit.   So having a backcourt with two High Majors is a problem for most teams.  Add a 6-10 big with Baylor, Wake Forest and DePaul offers, among other, and that’s a tall task for any team to face, much less a team whose bigs are their guards.  

I will be pulling hard for Silsbee to pull off the upset.  But again, a competitive game would be impressive.   But per usual, Coach Sigler is running his team through the gauntlet, taking all comers, which will once again have the Tigers battle tested come playoff time.  Once you’ve gotten a taste of a South Garland, the likes of Carter, Lincoln, etc seem more pedestrian. 

I was a bit apprehensive when Silsbee faced Yates last season when they had Jacque Hughes, and Mitch Ser..., but they pulled through.  That's history.  Yates's Ruben Jones is now 6'4".  They got some more players coming back. First game of the season.  Hard to tell what BU will look like.  Nice run for the beginning of the season.

5 hours ago, United We Stand said:

You know this really is sad, I created a topic for comments on two teams playing each other and Silsbee posters and others has taken it to talk about them and all you had to do was create a topic. SMH!!!!!

Wait until we get a little closer to the season.  We have a couple of really good Yates’ posters who contribute.  This is an interesting game.  Interested to see what tempo United will play.  We all know the one gear Yates plays and they do a good job at dictating the pace of most of their games. 

23 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Wait until we get a little closer to the season.  We have a couple of really good Yates’ posters who contribute.  This is an interesting game.  Interested to see what tempo United will play.  We all know the one gear Yates plays and they do a good job at dictating the pace of most of their games. 

Just sometimes its dictated too well!!;)