ALCS- Astros vs Red Sox

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Assuming we make it to game 7, I would pitch Verlander, Cole, then McCullers and the kitchen sink. I would skip Keuchel. Plus, I would let my starters stay in the game longer.

This could possibly be why I'm not a MLB manager.

Absolutely!  But, I guarantee he would trot Keuchel out there, just because.  Bring Keuchel out of the pen.

Yeah, I had the Astros in six. I don’t think I’ve seen the Astros bats that ineffective. When your playing a team like Boston they don’t need any help with calls going their way, the bad calls hurt us but our bats killed us. Boston ability to hit with two strikes was a difference maker. 

19 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Yeah, I had the Astros in six. I don’t think I’ve seen the Astros bats that ineffective. When your playing a team like Boston they don’t need any help with calls going their way, the bad calls hurt us but our bats killed us. Boston ability to hit with two strikes was a difference maker. 

Boston was just better all the way around taking advantage of every little thing.  The Astros played far from their best but don’t think it would have done any more than just prolong things this time.

56 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

The bats weren't great, but I was surprised at how well Boston hit Houston's pitchers. They beat Cole, beat Verlander, rocked Osuna in Game 3. Houston had a historically great season from a pitching perspective, and Boston got to all of them.

The Red Sox did everything right to win the series. Don't know what the final number were, but at one point last night the Red Sox had 17 of their 36 hits coming with 2 strikes and 19 of their 26 runs with 2 outs. That was all before the 3 run homer. That is insane to hit like that with 2 strikes and/or 2 outs. Every ball, nearly, fell the Red Sox way. How many ball did the Astros hit to the warning track? If they Red Sox had to make an amazing catch, they did. If they had to make a great throw, they did. If they had to have a big hit, they did. If the Astros had to make a great catch, they were just short on a few. If they had to make a great throw, they missed on one or two. If they had to have a big hit, they came up short sometimes.

I thought the Astros played good baseball overall throughout the series. The Red Sox just played unbelievable baseball. It's just a reminder how hard it is to win a World Series and how awesome last year was. Hopefully, Crane will open his check book and sign Correa and Bregman. If he wants to make money, he should. You make a lot of money when you have 3 million fans in a season. Don't sign those guys and you lose a lot of money when you are down to 2 million. 

Boston his .233 as a team during the series.

Mookie- .217

Pearce .214

Bendy .208

JBJ .200

Nunez .200

Kinsler .182

Vasquez .152

Holt .111

This may sound weird, but Boston didn't have that great of an offensive series. Timely HR's, yes, but their best two hitters basically did nothing. Boston can be much better offensively than they were this series.