ALCS- Astros vs Red Sox

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Quote:

However, a league source said Tuesday night that the investigation concluded the Astros employee was not trying to steal signs, but was acting on suspicions the Red Sox had been stealing Astros signs, and was there to try to catch them in the act. The employee was removed from the area and relocated to another part of the stadium.

Right. That is good news for the MLB. I wonder if they were trying to "catch " the Indians cheating as well.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Funny how you complain about Boston and have nothing to say about Houston. This is the third team to catch Houston videoing the opposing dugout.. Should they have to forfeit Game 1? As you indicated Boston should have to forfeit Game 2. 

Wasn't aware of this until now. Told you I don't like cheating either way. I don't care for the network cameras zooming in on the catcher's signs.

Don't know how old you are. Do you know of the Billy Martin / George Brett HR reversal? Only Martin could have caught that. Everyone loved Brett as did I, but if he cheated, then it's good he got caught. It could have been accidental but rules are rules. If we can't play with rules for fair play, then we shouldn't play at all.

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

Wasn't aware of this until now. Told you I don't like cheating either way. I don't care for the network cameras zooming in on the catcher's signs.

Don't know how old you are. Do you know of the Billy Martin / George Brett HR reversal? Only Martin could have caught that. Everyone loved Brett as did I, but if he cheated, then it's good he got caught. It could have been accidental but rules are rules. If we can't play with rules for fair play, then we shouldn't play at all.

I am aware. I haven't seen proof of anything on Barnes, especially using pinetar, but there is indisputable evidence that Houston was recording the Boston dugout. Cleveland also filed a complaint that Houston was recording their dugout as well. Sad. Either way, I am passed the "cheating" stuff. Just wanting to enjoy the series at this point.

11 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am aware. I haven't seen proof of anything on Barnes, especially using pinetar, but there is indisputable evidence that Houston was recording the Boston dugout. Cleveland also filed a complaint that Houston was recording their dugout as well. Sad. Either way, I am passed the "cheating" stuff. Just wanting to enjoy the series at this point.

Well, if we were cheating and still lost, then something got lost in translation. Lol

I'm not gonna happen on the pine tar incident. If you look at it from my point of view, then you wonder if he goes to the forearm on any night he pitches. I don't know him that well. Pitcher's mannerisms are totally habitual.

I only hope our bats wake up. Morton should be on the mound so I like that. Love his curve ball. He throws it better with chewing gum saliva. Lol

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

Well, if we were cheating and still lost, then something got lost in translation. Lol

I'm not gonna happen on the pine tar incident. If you look at it from my point of view, then you wonder if he goes to the forearm on any night he pitches. I don't know him that well. Pitcher's mannerisms are totally habitual.

I only hope our bats wake up. Morton should be on the mound so I like that. Love his curve ball. He throws it better with chewing gum saliva. Lol

I guess I don't have a problem with it, either way. The fact of it is, every series, every week, probably every game, there is an aide being used. Look up Buster Olneys article on it, he's been covering the game long enough. Every team, every year, has multiple pitchers using aids. Now, I don't know about Barnes. He may have, may not have. But I didn't see any proof that he did. Regardless, it didn't cost anybody a game, or win anybody a game.