FYI from ol Soulja....

BMTSoulja1

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Got to have a QB that can throw it to run that offense.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

TF would not be running the offense that Woodville runs now. TF would have them running spread which would not utilize the current talent at Woodville. Woodville has some good skill players but contrary to what some think, that great offensive line is what makes Woodville go.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree with that, but if my memory serves me right TF (or his staff) did a pretty good job of developing QB's. 

All great points.

2 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

I agree with that, but if my memory serves me right TF (or his staff) did a pretty good job of developing QB's. 

That staff member that he had that was pretty good with the QB's is at United but THEY won't give him the same authority that TF gave him...

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

That staff member that he had that was pretty good with the QB's is at United but THEY won't give him the same authority that TF gave him...

I know who you are talking about and you are correct.

I also know that if he wouldn't have gone with TF to Woodville, the one that was going to go is also a heck of a QB developer.

• 3 weeks later...

How is it that when it comes to football in Beaumont, everything is considered except if the coach can actually win games? However good of a guy Foreman might be, he sucked at winning football games. Hell he had the RB that's starting for Arkansas and couldn't make it out the first round of the playoffs. Dude was horrible at Xs and Os. Ed Taylor at Ozen and now United is the same way. He's a really good guy but he sucks as a football coach. Too much talent on these teams to be losing like they are.

13 hours ago, Yeoj said:

How is it that when it comes to football in Beaumont, everything is considered except if the coach can actually win games? However good of a guy Foreman might be, he sucked at winning football games. Hell he had the RB that's starting for Arkansas and couldn't make it out the first round of the playoffs. Dude was horrible at Xs and Os. Ed Taylor at Ozen and now United is the same way. He's a really good guy but he sucks as a football coach. Too much talent on these teams to be losing like they are.

He might have somewhat underachieved during his time at Central but he took over an 0-10 program at Shoemaker and seems to be getting it headed in the right direction.  Plus he works his butt off to get kids to play at the next level, even coming out of his own pocket for a lot of the expenses and the kids love him.  I'd take him over the leadership that is currently at United.  I'd put my house up that he would have won more than 2 games this season with United...

17 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

He might have somewhat underachieved during his time at Central but he took over an 0-10 program at Shoemaker and seems to be getting it headed in the right direction.  Plus he works his butt off to get kids to play at the next level, even coming out of his own pocket for a lot of the expenses and the kids love him.  I'd take him over the leadership that is currently at United.  I'd put my house up that he would have won more than 2 games this season with United...

Legit Question:

Understood that everyone would like to both: If you had to choose between a coach that won football games or one that got kids recruited, which would you prefer? 

13 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Legit Question:

Understood that everyone would like to both: If you had to choose between a coach that won football games or one that got kids recruited, which would you prefer? 

Well neither happened at United this year but since a lot of recruiting falls on parents now a days anyway, win some dayum games coach!

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Alpha wolf trust me the kids at shoemaker are buying in.i guarantee u the next couple years they will be better.my thing is ppl never gave him the credit on how hard he worked to keep them kids heads out them streets.while dealing with kids grades and there parents.i have even seen a parent want to fight him.me personally ima call it like it is.he could've done better play calling but at the same time.central couldn't stop no body on defense.and couldn't block anyone.even when they had whaley.ppl not knowing how many kids had to get tutored at his house on his own time. I ve seen his wife help soo many kids with there grades.ppl dont know how happy he and Roy are at shoemaker.why I know all this and keeping it real is bcz my ties with him isn't just w.o related.

20 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Soulja, he finished the year with another win over Killeen Harker Heights.  After trailing 28-14, Killeen Shoemaker won the game 44-43.  2-8.  I text him and he is expecting to battle of for a playoff spot next year...

They must be getting closer to perfecting that Jet Sweep. 

14 hours ago, dj said:

Alpha wolf trust me the kids at shoemaker are buying in.i guarantee u the next couple years they will be better.my thing is ppl never gave him the credit on how hard he worked to keep them kids heads out them streets.while dealing with kids grades and there parents.i have even seen a parent want to fight him.me personally ima call it like it is.he could've done better play calling but at the same time.central couldn't stop no body on defense.and couldn't block anyone.even when they had whaley.ppl not knowing how many kids had to get tutored at his house on his own time. I ve seen his wife help soo many kids with there grades.ppl dont know how happy he and Roy are at shoemaker.why I know all this and keeping it real is bcz my ties with him isn't just w.o related.

Good guy and I wish him nothing but the best...

17 hours ago, The Icon said:

Legit Question:

Both.  In Beaumont, both can happen.  A city that produced a champion in '82 and a co-champion in 84 can have schools with deep playoff runs and significant amounts of scholarship offers

20 hours ago, The Icon said:

Legit Question:

3 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Both.  In Beaumont, both can happen.  A city that produced a champion in '82 and a co-champion in 84 can have schools with deep playoff runs and significant amounts of scholarship offers

If it's a Legit Question, then your premise is a little flawed. If you got a coach that won football games (I mean won like Newton, WOS, etc. year in/year out) then the scouts are gonna come no matter what. Plus in this day and age, even Junior High kids can make their own highlight videos. Hudl, YouTube, MaxPreps and other sites give the ability for these kids to be noticed a lot more than even just 5 years ago.

Therefore, if you had a coach that could bring a team wins, then he would effectively be getting those same kids recruited.

So, with that thought in mind, your question could only be: Would you rather choose a coach that wins football games and gets kid recruited or would you rather choose a coach that loses football games and gets kid recruited?

I'll take the winner please...

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

If it's a Legit Question, then your premise is a little flawed. If you got a coach that won football games (I mean won like Newton, WOS, etc. year in/year out) then the scouts are gonna come no matter what. Plus in this day and age, even Junior High kids can make their own highlight videos. Hudl, YouTube, MaxPreps and other sites give the ability for these kids to be noticed a lot more than even just 5 years ago.

Therefore, if you had a coach that could bring a team wins, then he would effectively be getting those same kids recruited.

So, with that thought in mind, your question could only be: Would you rather choose a coach that wins football games and gets kid recruited or would you rather choose a coach that loses football games and gets kid recruited?

I'll take the winner please...

I don’t believe it’s as flawed a premise as you might think. There tons of underperforming schools in metro areas where student-athletes are recruited. I don’t disagree with your statement of successful programs garnering attention. But there are also very successful teams that don’t have many kids sign. 

It’s obvious that people would want both, as would I. I was simply asking if you had to pick either, which would it be.

56 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I don’t believe it’s as flawed a premise as you might think. There tons of underperforming schools in metro areas where student-athletes are recruited. I don’t disagree with your statement of successful programs garnering attention. But there are also very successful teams that don’t have many kids sign. 

It’s obvious that people would want both, as would I. I was simply asking if you had to pick either, which would it be.

Then to flatly answer your question, I would choose the winning program. Even if my kid was on that team.

Coaches are hired to win games.

Winning draws attention in itself. Production draws attention. Now add whether or not the parents invest time, money, energy into their kids to put them in the places they need to be to get extra looks and you get, both. If you think recruiting is all on a coach then you are seriously mistaken.

3 minutes ago, RoschonsBigBro said:

Winning draws attention in itself. Production draws attention. Now add whether or not the parents invest time, money, energy into their kids to put them in the places they need to be to get extra looks and you get, both.

Agreed. Like camps, videos, phone calls, talking to coaches on the high school and college levels...