FYI from ol Soulja....

BMTSoulja1

There's a former coach for Central that is now 0-15 as the HC at his new 6a HC job.  Had serious talent last year at Central and the other job that he toyed with in Woodville...  Well, those guys made the playoffs last year and are undefeated now with one of the premier players I'm SETX.  Happy sledding on the Military base.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

There's a former coach for Central that is now 0-15 as the HC at his new 6a HC job.  Had serious talent last year at Central and the other job that he toyed with in Woodville...  Well, those guys made the playoffs last year and are undefeated now with one of the premier players I'm SETX.  Happy sledding on the Military base.  :)

Yea I've been keeping up with him over there.  Good dude but wasn't actually a good job to take.  I don't know how long they will give him as he is currently 0-16.  In fairness to him, they were 0-10 (2016) the year before he arrived but 9-3 in 2015.  Go figure.  They have 2 teams left on the schedule that only have one win each that he might be able to get his first W over.  I actually wouldn't have minded my boys finishing under him here but that's history now.  I think he will wind up back in the area here at one of the smaller schools and have some success. 

35 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting...  Congrats...  I guess.  

They won. The funny part is watch how many kids he gets in college in the next couple years.ill admit he still has things to learn coaching wise.but he gets  kids to school.and I'm not shooting at shot at anyone in particular.but here's one for u.since 1978 how many kids u think w.o coaches has help get to college?? Easy 0 !!and now this year.u have an OC that only has 6 plays in his book.and doesn't have an idea on how to help the kids out with coaching. So toby has things to work on.so do alot of teams.

1 hour ago, dj said:

They won. The funny part is watch how many kids he gets in college in the next couple years.ill admit he still has things to learn coaching wise.but he gets  kids to school.and I'm not shooting at shot at anyone in particular.but here's one for u.since 1978 how many kids u think w.o coaches has help get to college?? Easy 0 !!and now this year.u have an OC that only has 6 plays in his book.and doesn't have an idea on how to help the kids out with coaching. So toby has things to work on.so do alot of teams.

He would've flourished with the wave of talent at Woodville is all I'm saying.  

56 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He would've flourished with the wave of talent at Woodville is all I'm saying.  

Paul Wall couldn’t pee a drop with all the FBS talent at Central; how in the world would he have done anything at Woodville? I can promise you Woodville is more than happy with their coach 

10 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Guess what, he got that first W last night...

Killeen Shoemaker 47

Waco 10

Congratulations and I think he gets another in their last game against Killeen Harker Heights.

Wow Harker Heights I forgot about that team.... Nederland played them long time ago I guess around 02 couple rounds deep in the playoffs. I guess they aren’t a competitive team anymore.  

But congrats TF.

3 hours ago, marshman said:

Are you sure about that? The part about WO-S coaches not helping anyone get up college?

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

8 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yes I'm sure.they dont get involved with that at all.never have !! One of the assistance from the the other campus use to help from time to time.but most of the kids do it themselves with there parents.and most of the players that go to college come from the defense side of the ball.bcz they put there best athletes on defense. 

Say what you want, but Toby got his players to the next level, and they've thrived. The only thing i hated , They had more Talent on them Earlier Central teams then Toby ever had but somehow only a handful would make it to the next level year in and year out.

Thoes Early Central and Ozen teams had so much talent on the field it was crazy, i use to be so disappointed when only  few would go on to play. Like someone said early Toby has a lonG way to go in coaching, but the man was the best to come through Central in regards to getting his kids scholarships 

21 hours ago, fox said:

i see some beaumont people still have a man crush on TOBY.

Nope, I tend to keep up with coaches that are at least average to successful just to see how they do at other places compared to when they were here.

Toby Foreman...Beaumont Central, Killeen Shoemaker

Donald Stowers...Beaumont Central, Little Elm, not coaching at the moment

Jack Alverez...Kirbyville, Ennis, Copperas Cove

Kevin Flannigan...Beaumont West Brook, Tomball

On 10/21/2018 at 7:08 PM, Uncle Pig said:

Paul Wall couldn’t pee a drop with all the FBS talent at Central; how in the world would he have done anything at Woodville? I can promise you Woodville is more than happy with their coach 

I can understand why you say you are very happy with your coach in Woodville and you should be. You were also very happy with the coach that left, that brought in the current offensive system you are using, and you should be. There has been a lot of success with the system and the coaches and that is not to be discounted. However, with the wave of talent in Woodville right now, I venture to say that TF would have been more competitive against the Big Boys that yall lose to in the playoffs on a yearly basis. 

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I can understand why you say you are very happy with your coach in Woodville and you should be. You were also very happy with the coach that left, that brought in the current offensive system you are using, and you should be. There has been a lot of success with the system and the coaches and that is not to be discounted. However, with the wave of talent in Woodville right now, I venture to say that TF would have been more competitive against the Big Boys that yall lose to in the playoffs on a yearly basis. 

TF would not be running the offense that Woodville runs now. TF would have them running spread which would not utilize the current talent at Woodville. Woodville has some good skill players but contrary to what some think, that great offensive line is what makes Woodville go.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

TF would not be running the offense that Woodville runs now. TF would have them running spread which would not utilize the current talent at Woodville. Woodville has some good skill players but contrary to what some think, that great offensive line is what makes Woodville go.

Every offense is successful because they have a good offensive line.

No-Line=No-Offense.

The spread utilizes all the same talent as the double wing. You spread the field sideline to sideline and run the ball (just like Woodville does now) between the tackles. Then you throw it quick on the perimeter to your play makers (just like Woodville does now with the toss sweep). 

The difference would be, that Woodville would be able to threaten the defense down the field by throwing the ball. And, they would be able to defend the PASS because they faced it everyday in practice.

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Every offense is successful because they have a good offensive line.

No-Line=No-Offense.

The spread utilizes all the same talent as the double wing. You spread the field sideline to sideline and run the ball (just like Woodville does now) between the tackles. Then you throw it quick on the perimeter to your play makers (just like Woodville does now with the toss sweep). 

The difference would be, that Woodville would be able to threaten the defense down the field by throwing the ball. And, they would be able to defend the PASS because they faced it everyday in practice.

Got to have a QB that can throw it to run that offense.