Does Size Matter?

4 minutes ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Since we are speculating.  The truth is, we will never know. I don't think they are going to play. So I'm going with Newton in a blowout!!!

Since we're speculating and will never know.. I am willing to bet you 10,000,000 dollars that Newton would get absolutely embarrassed and possibly have several kids hurt if they played one of these schools.

7 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Since we're speculating and will never know.. I am willing to bet you 10,000,000 dollars that Newton would get absolutely embarrassed and possibly have several kids hurt if they played one of these schools.

But it isn't going to happen so that means I'm just as right as you are wrong. We could do this all day

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Plano East (5-0) at Allen (5-0), 7 p.m. Friday

The schools combine for 12,006 students (6,664 students for Allen, 5,342 for PESH), making this the largest game by combined enrollment in Texas high school football history.

Bandwagon Ranger, is there still talk in Baytown of combining Sterling (2,415), GCM (2,169) and Lee (1,553)?  If that would have happened prior to this most recent realignment, that would have given you all an enrollment of 6,137.   

24 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Willing to bet you don’t have that cash and Newton wouldn’t be scared to try .

28 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

Willing to bet you don’t have that cash and Newton wouldn’t be scared to try .

Never said they'd be scared to try.  Just like I'm sure neither Allen or Plano would be scared to play UT.  Or UT wouldn't be afraid to play the Texans.  Would all be a similar result, though.

To the topic at hand.  If size didn't matter then why are schools all of the sudden successful if they drop in class..or all of the sudden average if they go up in class.  Size absolutely matters.  It's not the only thing though.  For instance.. Baytown could combine all of their schools and I doubt they'd be on the same level as Allen.  There are other factors especially when talking about North Dallas schools.

52 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bandwagon Ranger, is there still talk in Baytown of combining Sterling (2,415), GCM (2,169) and Lee (1,553)?  If that would have happened prior to this most recent realignment, that would have given you all an enrollment of 6,137.   

No more talk at this time.

If it was up to me, it would have happened last year,

10 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

No more talk at this time.

If it was up to me, it would have happened last year,

Hill and Lee's Rb in the same back field..  Couple of our Wr's, Lee and Sterling WR's with Lees Qb. Bigger O-line.  Oh and depth on defense. Man what it could have been.

31 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Never said they'd be scared to try.  Just like I'm sure neither Allen or Plano would be scared to play UT.  Or UT wouldn't be afraid to play the Texans.  Would all be a similar result, though.

To the topic at hand.  If size didn't matter then why are schools all of the sudden successful if they drop in class..or all of the sudden average if they go up in class.  Size absolutely matters.  It's not the only thing though.  For instance.. Baytown could combine all of their schools and I doubt they'd be on the same level as Allen.  There are other factors especially when talking about North Dallas schools.

I can’t argue with you on that,  Newton has been successful in 2A and 3a , and  get a few wins in 4adll , but hey it’s not the size of the animal in the fight it’s the size of fight in the animal

3 hours ago, 3rdandlong said:

I can’t argue with you on that,  Newton has been successful in 2A and 3a , and  get a few wins in 4adll , but hey it’s not the size of the animal in the fight it’s the size of fight in the animal

I think it's a no brainer to think that a small school like Newton or WOS or Carthage can consistently compete with the best 5A or 6A  schools. I don't think anyone from those small schools actually believe that nor do they want to try to compete year end and year out with them. But, I do believe Newton's team this year can compete with almost any school. Carthage, I believe last year had a great team and 2 years ago WOS did. I believe Max Preps has Newton ranked pretty high in the nation in all schools regardless of size. Unless, we should disregard what Max Preps  thinks. Currently Newton is ranked  20th by Max Preps in the state. After the State Championship games have been played, I think they will move up considerably. Not insinuating they could beat the top 5, in 5A or 6A but, I do believe they could beat many of them. And play very respectful with most of them. This year. Same as WOS, could have 2 years ago.