Crosby Qb

CCbigfan

10 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

Crosby stud qb Jaiden howard out for season with a torn acl. we in the crosby community would like to thank him for his dedication to code red and pray for a speedy recovery. 

Praying for the young man.i was there at the vidor game when it happened. That kid was big time.wishing nothing but the best for him.

1 hour ago, dj said:

Praying for the young man.i was there at the vidor game when it happened. That kid was big time.wishing nothing but the best for him.

did it happen at the vidor game? he did land awkwardly in that 1st QTR hurdle attempt, but he was walking around on it on the sideline. I've torn both of mine..there is no walking around after an ACL tear. Unless I'm unusually soft, but I feel like my pain tolerance is higher than normal.... and I thought he played last week? might be mistaken on that.

40 minutes ago, TenaciousK said:

did it happen at the vidor game? he did land awkwardly in that 1st QTR hurdle attempt, but he was walking around on it on the sideline. I've torn both of mine..there is no walking around after an ACL tear. Unless I'm unusually soft, but I feel like my pain tolerance is higher than normal.... and I thought he played last week? might be mistaken on that.

I tore mine and meniscus in the Navy, walked to medical then walked to the ship.  Did a 6 month deployment and finally got it fixed after a year and some change.  Everyone is different.  They said the think Jay Ajayi tore his early in the Eagles game last week and played through it.

1 hour ago, TenaciousK said:

Yes, it happened in the Vidor game on the hurdle attempt. Yes, he was walking on the sideline. No, he did not play in last weeks game. He has not played since the injury in the Vidor game. 

I had roshon Fontenot a noseguard for me at clear lake snap his acl in first quarter and play the whole game. He weighed 340 and squatted 600, Great athlete, strong. Strength can hold the joint in place for some. Bobby Locke blew his out in la marque dome playoff and attempted to play on it. Some have strong musculature and are tough, different for everyone. 

Sucks.  

I saw a documentary about the increase in knee ligament tears. The interviewed a doctor that felt he could watch a player and predict if they would tear or not.  He had some data to back it up.  It also showcased a player (basketball) that had torn both of his and played through it.  No pain, no loss of movement.  He just basically didn't need them.  I am sure he is one out of a billion but everybody is different.

Hell, I sleep awkward and my neck goes to crap.  Getting so old even the pillow kicks my butt. (stolen quote, don't remember where)