Dayton@Nederland

navydawg31

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Nederland’s field should be fine.  They got some fresh hay for the sidelines this week.  Wet hay is way better than mud to play in.  Just a reminder to the homecoming court- maybe go with rain boots over high heels. Some of those pumps are expensive and you don’t want to take a chance of losing one.  

This is the hidden content, please

Man thats horrible, they should be ashamed, all bs aside thats not even funny having kids play on this junk. 

Lmao it’s just comical now. Motiva was ready to buy NISD turf for naming rights but the board member of 2010-11 didn’t want it and told them no because it wasn’t there idea. If you didn’t vote for bonds to pass about 10 years ago you have no one to blame but yourself. Open your eyes NISD tax payers 

I loved interesting in the mud, some of my most memorable games I played when I was in Little league and we were playing Splendora,  in Splendora.  Matter of fact the conditions were the same every year...cold, raining,  and a mud fest!  But we had a blast... 

Now refer to the BOLD STATEMENT above.... this is high school football smh...  and not 1999, ita 2018. Why bother schools don't have turf fields or at the least a proper drainage system for a grass field is beyond me... 

5 minutes ago, Bronco94 said:

They can crown the king and queen on our turf, easier than in ankle deep mud. Or the turn out would worry you,i guess.

Who wants to travel a hour away to crown the king and queen? They will do it on the track like years past. This is nothing new about the mud... but who know we might go to PNG, Lamar, Pa... somewhere other than bulldog stadium right now, bands can’t march, drill team can’t dance. What a way to send out the senior class NISD. Move the game. 

I’m all in for turf, just like the last time it was proposed. However, September is almost always wet, and has been since football was invented.. on grass. Its rained on many a homecoming..... It’s wet at my house, it’s wet at your house... Too wet to mow, too wet for lawn darts, picnics and outdoor twister.... bottom line is , both teams have to play on it.....Let’s get it on!!!!!   (Until things change)

Amazing.  Perhaps because I’m older.  HS Football was played exclusively on grass or mud for 60 or 70 years, and now it’s a disgrace?  As K. Chesney said in his song, “The Boys of Fall”, “Well I feel that chill, smell that fresh cut grass, I’m back in my helmet, cleats and shoulder pads”.  I guess now it’s, “smell that fresh cut rubber”.  Doesn’t quite paint the same picture.  One thing you folks complaining should remember.  Bulldog field is still 120 yards long and 53 1/3 yards wide, with goal post at each end.  And wet or dry, there’ll be a football game there Friday night, so go and enjoy it.

There have been many examples througout history where well-established technologies were quickly replaced when better technologies became available.  The Horse and buggy vs the automobile, outhouse vs indoor plumbing and the typewriter vs the word processor just to name a few.  I get that many people are of the mindset that “football is supposed to be played in grass”.  Well that’s probably because there was no such thing as field turf when football was created.  Technology has definetly had an effect on footbal with reguards to helmet safety.  Did the guys who played in leather helmets fight the transition to better made  and safer ones?  I bet not.  Times change, the weather changes and even the game of football has changed.  

11 hours ago, UpandIn said:

Good luck playing on this crap. this was last night after 8th grade

43588761_10215774797815295_3227477698842460160_n.jpg

Good Lawd! Vidor’s Field looks like turf compared to that! At least we have turf instead of hay on the side lines for the players to stand on. I can’t believe Vidor will be getting a turf field before Nederland. They’ll be starting on it in March of next year. Well as for as the game I’ll take Nederland by 10.

8 hours ago, Gtj007 said:

There have been many examples througout history where well-established technologies were quickly replaced when better technologies became available.  The Horse and buggy vs the automobile, outhouse vs indoor plumbing and the typewriter vs the word processor just to name a few.  I get that many people are of the mindset that “football is supposed to be played in grass”.  Well that’s probably because there was no such thing as field turf when football was created.  Technology has definetly had an effect on footbal with reguards to helmet safety.  Did the guys who played in leather helmets fight the transition to better made  and safer ones?  I bet not.  Times change, the weather changes and even the game of football has changed.  

No doubt things have changed.  I think artificial turf is great, but not everyone can afford it.  My G'son played 2A football for 3 years.  During the regular seasons, not 1 game on AT.  All 30 games on grass.  Sure, be great if everyone had a new 70 million dollar stadium like Katy.  Why doesn't Dayton have one, or Crosby?  Or indoor AT practice field like BH?  Oh, money. 

Yep times have changed, but money still remains elusive to most.  

Don’t get me started on the old taxpayers who have no kids in school and could careless about the conditions of the schools and field......as they sit in their 300K home that’s been paid for and enjoy thier huge pension from the plant they retired from. Yes we can afford it with ease, irritates the crap out of me. I’d understand somewhat kinda if Nederland was a constant losing team but that isn’t the case. Anyway rant over. Nederland by 14

In this day and age where the safety (or lack thereof) of football is so much on everyone's minds, I don't understand there not being a heavy push for Nederland to get turf. Football is dangerous. It is a lot more dangerous when people are slipping all over the place and falling into each other in weird, unpredictable ways after rain (or sprinklers) has turned the field into a soupy mess. In the old days, that was just another aspect of football. Today, wet fields look more and more like an unnecessary risk. I know not every school can afford it, but it sounds like Nederland has had the opportunity to get turf in the past and has chosen not to take it. If you're going to have a football program in 2018, the decision to play on a more dangerous field (to the extent the school can control that/can get the money to fix it) is irresponsible. There is absolutely no justification for putting all those kids at such a risk (additional to the risks the game already presents) if there is an available way to avoid doing so.  

22 hours ago, UpandIn said:

Good luck playing on this crap. this was last night after 8th grade

43588761_10215774797815295_3227477698842460160_n.jpg

Good Lawd! Vidor’s Field looks like turf compared to that! At least we have turf instead of hay on the side lines for the players to stand on. I can’t believe Vidor will be getting a turf field before Nederland. They’ll be starting on it in March of next year. Well as for as the game I’ll take Nederland by 10.