Dayton@Nederland

navydawg31

8 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Don’t get me started on the old taxpayers who have no kids in school and could careless about the conditions of the schools and field......as they sit in their 300K home that’s been paid for and enjoy thier huge pension from the plant they retired from. Yes we can afford it with ease, irritates the crap out of me. I’d understand somewhat kinda if Nederland was a constant losing team but that isn’t the case. Anyway rant over. Nederland by 14

Well truth be told the majority of the money for Vidor’s new turf field is coming from private donors. The taxpayers will have to pay very little. 

14 minutes ago, NDNation said:

How do some of these colleges keep their grass fields looking so good?

My hunch (based on ignorance, so I'm sure I'm missing something) is they can replace portions of the field's topsoil/grass pretty easily (with enough money thrown at it). Squares of grass can be cut out and replaced. I'm not sure exactly how it would work. Or, more simply, they are just constantly filling in holes. I'd like to know. 

Ok so now that we have established Nederlands field is a disaster. How bout the game being played tomorrow night? 

It's Homecoming for Nederland. Good luck to all the candidates. 

I am praying that Dayton can get their first win of the season. Lord knows those boys want/need it. 

Pray no injuries for either team tomorrow. Safe travels. 

Is the parking better on the home side? Not sure I wanna be parked in a unfamiliar neighborhood at night being I will be traveling without the hubs this go around. 

2 hours ago, Octfeb said:

Ok so now that we have established Nederlands field is a disaster. How bout the game being played tomorrow night? 

It's Homecoming for Nederland. Good luck to all the candidates. 

I am praying that Dayton can get their first win of the season. Lord knows those boys want/need it. 

Pray no injuries for either team tomorrow. Safe travels. 

Is the parking better on the home side? Not sure I wanna be parked in a unfamiliar neighborhood at night being I will be traveling without the hubs this go around. 

There are a couple of church parking lots that are right off Nederland avenue(about a 3-5 minute walk to the stadium). One I think charges around $5 to park there(usually fills up quickly) and also have a pit of food to sale. There is one across the street that I normally park in that has plenty of empty space. 

23 minutes ago, chorizo said:

GAME DAY!!!!WELCOME TO THE SWAMP!!!!one good thing about it,after warmups we won’t be able to see that aweful color purple!!lol

Oh you will see plenty of purple. All you gotta do is look across at the visitor stands. 

I even have an extra purple shirt if you wanna hang it on ur wall to remember nederlands first L this season

9 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Do you really think dayton will have a 100 fans in the stadium,with them being 0-5

if is 30 fans in the stadium for dayton they had a good showing....lol

Either way there will be purple in the visitor stands. Rather it be 30 or 100. There will still be plenty of purple. I never said we were gonna sale out the visitors side. 

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

GAME DAY!!!!WELCOME TO THE SWAMP!!!!one good thing about it,after warmups we won’t be able to see that aweful color purple!!lol

For being so close to Louisiana and having so many gators in this area I’m shocked there isn’t any hs called the gators and such. Closest one I believe is Dickinson 

1 hour ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

Oh you will see plenty of purple. All you gotta do is look across at the visitor stands. 

I even have an extra purple shirt if you wanna hang it on ur wall to remember nederlands first L this season

Purple will get the dogs fired up.  Like Santa Fe Indians Cherokee