Dayton@Nederland

navydawg31

On 10/7/2018 at 10:14 AM, grayhair777 said:

Nederland in the mud ...I’ll take the dogs by 14

I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks Ned has an advantage in the mud ?  Dayton kids practice rain or shine on grass a lot. Our team is as tuff & gritty as any team in the district their isn't any team thats going  to out athlete us .  Go ahead and look past us you may regret it ( don't buy in to all those cat calls coming from Bh & Crosby) Yes we are 0/5 and we are way to good to be 0/5 were due for a win- 

7 hours ago, workbootz said:

I remember a few years back some was saying Dayton didn't have a chance at Bulldog stadium and we know how that turned out.  With that being said I'm going with the underdogs once again.

Nobody said y’all don’t have a chance. I just don’t understand the optimism going on the road against an undefeated team and saying you are gonna win by 17 when you are winless. If I lose that bet, then I will gladly pay.

3 hours ago, jake94 said:

Nobody said y’all don’t have a chance. I just don’t understand the optimism going on the road against an undefeated team and saying you are gonna win by 17 when you are winless. If I lose that bet, then I will gladly pay.

I believe that was me saying we win by 14 or 17 i wasn’t sure. Look at ya trying to get two lunches.smh

Nederland’s field should be fine.  They got some fresh hay for the sidelines this week.  Wet hay is way better than mud to play in.  Just a reminder to the homecoming court- maybe go with rain boots over high heels. Some of those pumps are expensive and you don’t want to take a chance of losing one.  

sndlqr.jpg

16 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Nederland’s field should be fine.  They got some fresh hay for the sidelines this week.  Wet hay is way better than mud to play in.  Just a reminder to the homecoming court- maybe go with rain boots over high heels. Some of those pumps are expensive and you don’t want to take a chance of losing one.  

This is the hidden content, please

That’s horrible 

I think this will be a good game for the bulldogs to open up the playbook even more than they did last week. Just to work on some things in real game situations for when they need them in a close game. I heard The starting an came out AGAIN and the back up went in and sling the ball around AGAIN last week. You would think he gets the start right? Wouldn’t make sense for him not to. 

Based on what I’ve seen in recent weeks I think Blaysin needs to take these next few weeks to rest and heal up I know he wants to be out there but he’s been injured in every game this year McMorris had his best game of the year last week vs Barbers Hill and I like what I see with this bootleg fake it opens up the entire offense

10 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Based on what I’ve seen in recent weeks I think Blaysin needs to take these next few weeks to rest and heal up I know he wants to be out there but he’s been injured in every game this year McMorris had his best game of the year last week vs Barbers Hill and I like what I see with this bootleg fake it opens up the entire offense

The bootleg has been the only play in the passing game with that has worked. What has opened up to he offense is that he can throw from the pocket and can throw down field. Defenses have to respect that when he’s in the game. 

Guest ECBucFan
4 hours ago, indianforever said:

That’s horrible 

Thats the point. Remember the cancelled game at the Astrodome?

https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Sues-over-canceled-game-at-Astrodome-Houston-s-3119873.php

They purposely left bad Astroturf down, generating a problem to accomplish a goal. 

Like Obama's man Rahm Emanuel said "You never let crisis to go to waste..."   

serious question for people much more knowledgable than me

IS NEDERLAND the only successful 5a football program in the state of texas still playing on GRASS ? By successful, just looking at current ap rankings

Nederland is #10 in the state.........any other top 20-30 teams playing on grass in the state?

37 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

serious question for people much more knowledgable than me

IS NEDERLAND the only successful 5a football program in the state of texas still playing on GRASS ? By successful, just looking at current ap rankings

Nederland is #10 in the state.........any other top 20-30 teams playing on grass in the state?

The answer to this question is no out of the top 20 teams in 5a Division 1 and 2 according to Dave Campbell rankings only Nederland still plays on grass

56 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

tonight is the bonfire for homecoming i heard they are doing it in the middle of the field to help dry it up some.

this should work it did in the late 80's

Might as well put some mud tires on it if we gonna do it, let’s do it right, we got a few of them over here in Dayton fueled up and ready to go