Lumberton 38 Huffman Hargrave 31/FINAL-OT

7 hours ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Looked to me like we lost more than Lumberton won.. But hats off to y'all.  Kept fighting, and we can never play a complete game...

Apparently Huffman QB continued with his predetermined throws,  LOL, to Lumberton secondary. We dont play complete game because our coaches dont know how to make adjustments. Let me keep throwing the football around with a freaking 20 plus point lead or whatever the hell it was, and not eat no clock! Can we not defend a sweep? OMG I am disgusted! 

13 minutes ago, LTFALCON said:

Apparently Huffman QB continued with his predetermined throws,  LOL, to Lumberton secondary. We dont play complete game because our coaches dont know how to make adjustments. Let me keep throwing the football around with a freaking 20 plus point lead or whatever the hell it was, and not eat no clock! Can we not defend a sweep? OMG I am disgusted! 

In their defense, we were pretty much stuffing the run until the end of the game when we were playing prevent defense and y’all were handing the ball off and picking up some good chunks of yards. Other than that we held the rb in check.

But I agree with you on the sweep, I told my brother we could have kept running that all night until y’all stopped us.

Ok, what a good game by both teams last night but have  to give credit to the Lumberton coaching staff on making adjustments at half.  With the  exception of one play Lumberton  shut Huffman down the second half.  Now we just have to get better on Offence! Lumberton will be playing with a lot of  confidence going forward.  Huffman will be fine and yes that QB can sure throw it. 

Our O line is a suspect on run blocking.  There Big, but not strong enough.. But if we would of just dinked and dunked the 2nd half and try to eat up clock and not make stupid mental mistakes we would've won.  But hindsight is 20/20. Our Coaches had a good game plan and it showed in the 1st half.  Now the 2nd half is another story.  Everyone can say we should of done this or that, but if you take the mental mistakes away that the players made in the 2nd half tonight we have a different narrative today. Had 3 total turnovers in the 2nd half with a pick 6.  The pick 6 was a lame duck throw that should not of been thrown up for grabs in zone coverage. Take that play away and again different ball game. Another pick was in our on endzone when we were driving. And another one was right before the game ended in the 4th, and who's knows we could've at least try a field goal.  But that all said, we see what our team can be, but we just don't have that killer instinct.  We are a finesse Team, that needs to get meaner in some positions to play this game.

47 minutes ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Our O line is a suspect on run blocking.  There Big, but not strong enough.. But if we would of just dinked and dunked the 2nd half and try to eat up clock and not make stupid mental mistakes we would've won.  But hindsight is 20/20. Our Coaches had a good game plan and it showed in the 1st half.  Now the 2nd half is another story.  Everyone can say we should of done this or that, but if you take the mental mistakes away that the players made in the 2nd half tonight we have a different narrative today. Had 3 total turnovers in the 2nd half with a pick 6.  The pick 6 was a lame duck throw that should not of been thrown up for grabs in zone coverage. Take that play away and again different ball game. Another pick was in our on endzone when we were driving. And another one was right before the game ended in the 4th, and who's knows we could've at least try a field goal.  But that all said, we see what our team can be, but we just don't have that killer instinct.  We are a finesse Team, that needs to get meaner in some positions to play this game.

These are 16-18 yr old kids we're talking about. As adults, we shouldn't be calling out mental or physical mistakes of individual players on here. It's a team sport and you win and lose as a team. Every kid out there made mistakes but some are just more visible. It's part of the game. But more importantly, those kids and their parents shouldn't have to read personal criticisms on a public forum. We need to be better than that. 

Heaven forbid we hurt anyone's feelings!! I will say the same to my kid (which is on the team) when he ain't  cutting the mustard...Football is life in my household, but I get that it isn't in other households. Some people just want it more than others.  But imagine if all those kids could get on the same page, Huffman could be dangerous..

51 minutes ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Heaven forbid we hurt anyone's feelings!! I will say the same to my kid (which is on the team) when he ain't  cutting the mustard...Football is life in my household, but I get that it isn't in other households. Some people just want it more than others.  But imagine if all those kids could get on the same page, Huffman could be dangerous..

I thought your summary was pretty accurate and almost politically correct. Don't think you said anything that will not get addressed and corrected next week. There are a few other threads you can dig up here around teams that win consistently and like you and your household live and breathe football throughout the entire community.   Some of the comments in those make your critique look like compliments. Bottom line is, what you know and expect from that group of young men, is what I was worried about all week. Huffman can play on both sides of the ball. Defense is quick and slippery.  Receivers open every play no matter what defense you throw at them. QB can sling it and at times looks really really good. If they can put a complete game together, all I can say to their opponent is GOOD LUCK. 

Good game last night. I am glad we got out of there with the W.   Both teams will improve after this one and will be tough to beat throughout the rest of the season.