Vidor vs Sante Fe predictions thread

3 hours ago, Bootleg said:

This will be one of the best all time Homecoming halftime shows in Vidor history. It will also be a historic one at that . With turf coming next year it will be the last time you see fire twirling, fire boards , flare yard markers etc. Some teams should stick to grass , afterall everything goes full circle and one day grass will be a sought after fad. 

The fire board is always done over the grass area. The fireworks will continue, it’s done over our AG field. As far as everything done on the field in the dark with the band there are other ways to produce light besides fire thanks to Thomas Edison. But it is pretty neat watching the twirlers twirl fire.

1 hour ago, Tim Riggins said:

No fireworks this year. Just lights out marching and fire boards   Also if turf is coming school board and superintendent know nothing about it. 

The fireworks will be done 9 November in honor of Veterans Day. Due to the shooting at Santa Fe the school board decided to move it. As for as the turf I was told from a pretty credible source. So we will see.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

The fireworks will be done 9 November in honor of Veterans Day. Due to the shooting at Santa Fe the school board decided to move it. As for as the turf I was told from a pretty credible source. So we will see.

I sympathize about the shooting but........... geez , to cancel the fireworks is ridiculous. These people want to return to normalcy and to quit being reminded of the incident. All 20 fans that will be there.  PC wins again.

I hope we dont do a tribute to them because they want to get on with their lives. It will have the opposite of the desired effect. I have family there and they are sick of hearing about it.

8 hours ago, Bootleg said:

I sympathize about the shooting but........... geez , to cancel the fireworks is ridiculous. These people want to return to normalcy and to quit being reminded of the incident. All 20 fans that will be there.  PC wins again.

I hope we dont do a tribute to them because they want to get on with their lives. It will have the opposite of the desired effect. I have family there and they are sick of hearing about it.

I’m sure we’re going to do a tribute for them and PNG is going to do the same at their homecoming. Everyone is going to do something, so I see your point.

11 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’m sure we’re going to do a tribute for them and PNG is going to do the same at their homecoming. Everyone is going to do something, so I see your point.

I was looking forward to hanging out with my family (brother and nieces and nephews) but they decided not to come because we cancelled the fireworks. hmmmmmm. 

If there is only 20-30 Sante Fe fans there, then who are the theatrics really for ? 

Some things are better left alone and life needs to go on. From my perspective, this plays right into the shooters hands. His actions are still having an effect on the community by robbing them of the normal existance that they had before the incident but..............

FYI, I could care less about seeing fireworks. It is more about giving them what they really need which is to get past this instead of adding salt to a wound. In instances such as the one which took place in Sante Fe, the culprits seek attention while turning  a entire communities lives upside down. I wouldnt give him the pleasure.

I get the decision to not do fireworks...classy move, though it does break tradition. But it seems like there was another time when we didn't do fireworks due to drought or something.

But I can't help but facepalm.. no fireworks tonight so we don't trigger any ptsd ...so let's move it to... veteran's day ...I see.