West Orange-Stark 24 Silsbee 21/FINAL

ST413

8 minutes ago, ST413 said:

First congratulations Wos on the win.

I have to say i am surprised at the number of points in this one.  I didnt really think we would score 21, well at least until last week.  As far as wos 24 pts. ,  suprising to me but not so much since 10 were really by special teams and the defense.  Credit that d with the fg after putting he deep in our end and the offense not doing anything. I would really like to see some stats on this one.  Other than that td drive in the 4th, the only time wos really had us on our heals was the one possesion where they threw some short passes. As far as your qb goes,  i was kind of neutral on him.  He may not be up to the standards you are used to but i didnt think he was that bad either.  He did have the big overthrow down field that had 6 written all over it but i didnt see many other bad throws.  23 is another tough little back but that offense just sputters.  I didnt really think the chain gang was quite up to par either but they did what they needed to do when it was time to win.

now as far as my Tigers,  i know its a dissapointing loss..  we fought and played a pretty good game.  As far as our play calling i dont always agree but we dont have a reliable passing game either.  I saw a couple plays i liked in that department including the one on third down before the fake punt that i am still not sure was on purpose.  The qb was just a little off on that throw.  I didnt like going for it and giving them that short field at all.  However thats getting the bad”press” for just the opposite of what Jason Garret got it for sunday night.  As far as the repeated runs up the middle, that was really the only thing we were getting yards on consistently. Yet you have to keep them on their toes.

overall i am still not sure if we are all overreacting on both of these teams at this point.  Or if both just arent quite what we expect.  Heres to a good rest of the season for both.

Pretty fair assessment. 

I've defended the Silsbee coach for 2 years now,  it about 85% of the things he did made NO sense whatsoever...so much to point out...

But WO-S did play well, especially in the second half to get the win.  Hats off to them.  I hope these teams meet again.  Hopefully, the Silsbee coach had enough time to draw up more plays in that huge tail clipboard he carried around...

Congrats to WOS on the win. It was a hard fought game and both teams left it all on the field. A dropped TD pass on our second position and two turnovers. When you have a young QB and he's struggling you got to help him out, that pass in the end zone bounced off the WR hands then one over the middle that was caught but a hard hit jarred it loose, got to hang on to it. The INT pass should have never been thrown there, WR had double coverage, also late in the game our QB threw into triple coverage with a WR wide open over the middle. Got to check the safety! Our QB will watch film and see and learn from it. Just the third game for him starting at QB. Why not go up the middle on WOS, with eight or nine  in the box, you try to go out side on them and that's WOS strength their speed on the outside. Never have been able to run outside on WOS. Good luck to both teams from here on out. 

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I've defended the Silsbee coach for 2 years now,  it about 85% of the things he did made NO sense whatsoever...so much to point out...

But WO-S did play well, especially in the second half to get the win.  Hats off to them.  I hope these teams meet again.  Hopefully, the Silsbee coach had enough time to draw up more plays in that huge tail clipboard he carried around...

If he hasn’t drawn up more plays by now, 2 years into it, what makes you think he will by playoffs?

8 hours ago, ST413 said:

First congratulations Wos on the win.

I have to say i am surprised at the number of points in this one.  I didnt really think we would score 21, well at least until last week.  As far as wos 24 pts. ,  suprising to me but not so much since 10 were really by special teams and the defense.  Credit that d with the fg after putting he deep in our end and the offense not doing anything. I would really like to see some stats on this one.  Other than that td drive in the 4th, the only time wos really had us on our heals was the one possesion where they threw some short passes. As far as your qb goes,  i was kind of neutral on him.  He may not be up to the standards you are used to but i didnt think he was that bad either.  He did have the big overthrow down field that had 6 written all over it but i didnt see many other bad throws.  23 is another tough little back but that offense just sputters.  I didnt really think the chain gang was quite up to par either but they did what they needed to do when it was time to win.

now as far as my Tigers,  i know its a dissapointing loss..  we fought and played a pretty good game.  As far as our play calling i dont always agree but we dont have a reliable passing game either.  I saw a couple plays i liked in that department including the one on third down before the fake punt that i am still not sure was on purpose.  The qb was just a little off on that throw.  I didnt like going for it and giving them that short field at all.  However thats getting the bad”press” for just the opposite of what Jason Garret got it for sunday night.  As far as the repeated runs up the middle, that was really the only thing we were getting yards on consistently. Yet you have to keep them on their toes.

overall i am still not sure if we are all overreacting on both of these teams at this point.  Or if both just arent quite what we expect.  Heres to a good rest of the season for both.

That's what stood out to me. I don't think the Silsbee QB would be able to stand back there and complete passes consistently. You have to play to your abilities.

20 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

That's what stood out to me. I don't think the Silsbee QB would be able to stand back there and complete passes consistently. You have to play to your abilities.

Yea, but he's all you have and IMO, he's a lot better than the 2 other QB's they tried out this year and he's only a Sophmore.... 

I seen a game where he completed about 70% of his passes and threw 3 TD passes.  Funny that the plays they were running that night for him wasn't ran not once.  Not saying it would've worked against WO-S,  but that would be playing to your strengths with the young QB.  

22 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, but he's all you have and IMO, he's a lot better than the 2 other QB's they tried out this year and he's only a Sophmore.... 

I seen a game where he completed about 70% of his passes and threw 3 TD passes.  Funny that the plays they were running that night for him wasn't ran not once.  Not saying it would've worked against WO-S,  but that would be playing to your strengths with the young QB.  

Which game was that?  And I agree he is our best option.  And he should only improve.  However if you are talking about the Lumberton game, those go routes definitely wouldn’t work against WOS.  You can’t just throw it up and out athlete them.   We needed something to open it up just not sure what that would have been.

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Which game was that?  And I agree he is our best option.  And he should only improve.  However if you are talking about the Lumberton game, those go routes definitely wouldn’t work against WOS.  You can’t just throw it up and out athlete them.   We needed something to open it up just not sure what that would have been.

But we never tried it either.  You have to test that WO-S secondary..  And one of those TD'S in that game was in a short slant.  You didn't see that all night either...

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Agree

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Congrats to WOS on the win. It was a hard fought game and both teams left it all on the field. A dropped TD pass on our second position and two turnovers. When you have a young QB and he's struggling you got to help him out, that pass in the end zone bounced off the WR hands then one over the middle that was caught but a hard hit jarred it loose, got to hang on to it. The INT pass should have never been thrown there, WR had double coverage, also late in the game our QB threw into triple coverage with a WR wide open over the middle. Got to check the safety! Our QB will watch film and see and learn from it. Just the third game for him starting at QB. Why not go up the middle on WOS, with eight or nine  in the box, you try to go out side on them and that's WOS strength their speed on the outside. Never have been able to run outside on WOS. Good luck to both teams from here on out. 

Good take

35 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee football head coach is horrible and that's real talk. The guys over the past 4 years has made horrible call after horrible call. Lord do I miss Coach Mackey and McGallion.

...I didn't really care much for McGallian...  Actually, I would rather the current HC than McGallian....

16 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Ok but in fairness to the coaches isnt the play called before there is double coverage??

Yea but if the kid is told to throw it to that particular guy....  And on the play that were in reference to, there was safety help over the top before the ball was snapped because everyone in the stadium knew it was a pass play....

54 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea but if the kid is told to throw it to that particular guy....  And on the play that were in reference to, there was safety help over the top before the ball was snapped because everyone in the stadium knew it was a pass play....

If he was told to...but there is almost always a second choice or just not to throw it.  But there is our problem, we have a young an just starting to play at this level. He is learning. We had to limit our mistakes and limiting those types of throws played a part in that.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But we never tried it either.  You have to test that WO-S secondary..  And one of those TD'S in that game was in a short slant.  You didn't see that all night either...

If your talking about the go routs, yes we did. One was in the end zone that was catchable the ball just bounced off the receivers hands, one was thrown short into double coverage and intercepted, one was thrown into triple coverage and luckily it was close to the sidelines and got knocked out of bounds. That last one, the receiver that was all alone over the middle ran a slant rout. There's always different routs run on pass plays, the QB just has to process it and make good reads.