West Orange-Stark 24 Silsbee 21/FINAL

ST413

37 minutes ago, venom33 said:

I would venture to say that lack of execution is playing a part as well. 

I agree. But its week 7 and QB hasn't gotten any better. U have to do things he can do or go with the sophomore. He throws the ball better.he made a few mistakes but haven't we all. And u totally give up on him.lord knows I'm trying to knock #2 the kid isn't accurate at all. Makes a few plays here and there.

I said this was a toss up game.These two were evenly matched from what saw.Could have gone either way.That 4th down call to go for it by Silsbee with 30 something seconds left was really stupid.Punt the ball and try to win it in overtime.Mustang still having problems scoring td's when they're in the red zone.Great win for the Stangs.   

14 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Well that wasn’t one sided , we had ball 2nd and goal from 4 , and they drop QB back ?? ?? I’d ave given it to Copper 3 times. 

Ty. Bcz I don't get it !! The kid makes mistakes from time to time.and I'm just smdh.thankfully silsbee play calling hurt them in the end. 

9 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

I said this was a toss up game.These two were evenly matched from what saw.Could have gone either way.That 4th down call to go for it by Silsbee with 30 something seconds left was really stupid.Punt the ball and try to win it in overtime.Mustang still having problems scoring td's when they're in the red zone.Great win for the Stangs.   

Or run on third and let the clock run all the way down and throw it deep on fourth. Dont give them any time with a good kicker.

9 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Or run on third and let the clock run all the way down and throw it deep on fourth. Dont give them any time with a good kicker.

I agree.Funny but our kicking game cost us the game with Nederland.Didn't make one extra point but the kid has really improved.

First congratulations Wos on the win.

I have to say i am surprised at the number of points in this one.  I didnt really think we would score 21, well at least until last week.  As far as wos 24 pts. ,  suprising to me but not so much since 10 were really by special teams and the defense.  Credit that d with the fg after putting he deep in our end and the offense not doing anything. I would really like to see some stats on this one.  Other than that td drive in the 4th, the only time wos really had us on our heals was the one possesion where they threw some short passes. As far as your qb goes,  i was kind of neutral on him.  He may not be up to the standards you are used to but i didnt think he was that bad either.  He did have the big overthrow down field that had 6 written all over it but i didnt see many other bad throws.  23 is another tough little back but that offense just sputters.  I didnt really think the chain gang was quite up to par either but they did what they needed to do when it was time to win.

now as far as my Tigers,  i know its a dissapointing loss..  we fought and played a pretty good game.  As far as our play calling i dont always agree but we dont have a reliable passing game either.  I saw a couple plays i liked in that department including the one on third down before the fake punt that i am still not sure was on purpose.  The qb was just a little off on that throw.  I didnt like going for it and giving them that short field at all.  However thats getting the bad”press” for just the opposite of what Jason Garret got it for sunday night.  As far as the repeated runs up the middle, that was really the only thing we were getting yards on consistently. Yet you have to keep them on their toes.

overall i am still not sure if we are all overreacting on both of these teams at this point.  Or if both just arent quite what we expect.  Heres to a good rest of the season for both.