West Orange-Stark 24 Silsbee 21/FINAL

ST413

4 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Yes thats what i was asking, had seen that before.  Just when i first read it i was thinking number of wins.

Yes I thought WOS had to win 7 games this year to have the highest percentages. I must have read it wrong because the mustang fans just say the minimum of the 500th game would put them highest percentages. 

23 hours ago, LC-M said:

They will have to beat silsbee to get it. If not they will win the next week 

No, they don't have to win it. After the game is final, we have game #500 in books and the highest winning percentage will still be tops whether we win or lose to Silsbee. 

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

If there was ever a time for Silsbee to beat WOS its now. Mustangs will come to play. I dont know who to pick.

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I think u were  the first person that noticed the youth movement with w.o this year.so if w.o doesn't put cooper back at LB against silsbee RBs they will have trouble stopping silsbee. Field position will be key also. It will be will be really emotional bcz of the ceremony that will take place. Close game withwr way though. If and only if w.o can throw the ball they can win .but otherwise look for a low scoring game.

I think they are pretty much evenly matched.Problem for WOS is the red zone play.They get in scoring territory  and start getting flagged or snapping ball over the qb.They could have had 3 more scores in the Jasper game if it weren't for red zone mistakes.Low scoring game would suit me because we have yet ( Except for LCM game ) to score more than 3 Td's.

1 hour ago, GUNHO said:

I think they are pretty much evenly matched.Problem for WOS is the red zone play.They get in scoring territory  and start getting flagged or snapping ball over the qb.They could have had 3 more scores in the Jasper game if it weren't for red zone mistakes.Low scoring game would suit me because we have yet ( Except for LCM game ) to score more than 3 Td's.

Gunho I'm truly hoping the same.but if you go vype sports has the highlights of the jasper game.and it will be very alarming on how the defense didn't line up right.that kid from jasper like I said didn't get touched on 3 of his Tds.so we better have alot concern!!at least they lined up properly against newton.this game will be extremely hard for them.our passing game is already struggling.and silsbee has a better secondary than jasper.i stated earlier silsbee RBs are just as gud.we really outta be concerned. 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

It’s my understanding that not only will #23 play RB, but because WOS lost the LB to injury, he will have to play the  game at LB also. and he is just getting back from being injured himself. 

They don't have a choice. They will spell him with that #34. If they do what they did against jasper.all 3 of them kids will take it to the house.not been lined up properly and take urself out of a play.isnt an excuse. It's on vype sports.and I not discrediting the kid from jasper by saying the backs from silsbee are just as gud.im sorry that kid want run for 375 again.w.o defense was that bad last Friday.gud teams are supposed to kick u when ur down.and now they come to a district game the offense will continue to turn the ball over and keep having all them penalties. U can't keep putting the defense in that position bcz they are getting worse down. 

45 minutes ago, dj said:

They don't have a choice. They will spell him with that #34. If they do what they did against jasper.all 3 of them kids will take it to the house.not been lined up properly and take urself out of a play.isnt an excuse. It's on vype sports.and I not discrediting the kid from jasper by saying the backs from silsbee are just as gud.im sorry that kid want run for 375 again.w.o defense was that bad last Friday.gud teams are supposed to kick u when ur down.and now they come to a district game the offense will continue to turn the ball over and keep having all them penalties. U can't keep putting the defense in that position bcz they are getting worse down. 

45 minutes ago, dj said:

Well I see we finally fell out of the polls...Where I said we needed to be before the season began.If we don't see much improvement by the end of district and don't get any help from kids coming up...back to back might happen to coin a phase.

Anyway.We don't win district we are one and done in the playoffs.

I was there for their first game in 1977, and I’m gonna be there for #500 Friday night. Some bumps along the way, but what a ride. Congrats to all the players , coaches , teachers, administrators, athletic booster club members and the awesome Mustang fans . Let’s go Mustangs , a lot of history behind you. 

7 hours ago, MMstangfan said:

I was there for their first game in 1977, and I’m gonna be there for #500 Friday night. Some bumps along the way, but what a ride. Congrats to all the players , coaches , teachers, administrators, athletic booster club members and the awesome Mustang fans . Let’s go Mustangs , a lot of history behind you. 

I hate in going to miss it still have a another month in ohio

18 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Because it’s WOS’s 500th game and this will make them the official record holder for best win percentage 

I would rather pay to get in and they ear mark that money to fix the score board that has not worked properly in years.A team that has been to 4 straight trips to state and won two of those should at the very least have a working score board.Rant over!!!

Second thoughts about the game.WOS loses have been to undefeated teams which are a combined 20-0.Their two wins have come to teams with a combined 2-8 record.So Silsbee being at 3-3 looks doable.With all the hype about their 500th game,highest winning percentage, shooting for their 400th win,at home and on top of that if they want to win district they have to win this game.I think they will be a little more motivated than usual.Advantage Mustang.

Oh.Did I mention they were in all those games they lost to undefeated teams to.Just needed a play here and there and cut out the mental mistakes. 

I nevered counted out a team with the coach pedigree like the Thompson and what he accomplished. However there is something about his team this year that's not jelling. Maybe not enough varsity talent, and every team will have those type years sooner or later. I think this is the year of the Tiger to rule over the Mustangs. Can't predict a score but a Tiger win.

19 hours ago, GUNHO said:

I would rather pay to get in and they ear mark that money to fix the score board that has not worked properly in years.A team that has been to 4 straight trips to state and won two of those should at the very least have a working score board.Rant over!!!

I heard the rings r really cool  can't wait to see a picture and order mine to go along with the other one I have already