West Orange-Stark 24 Silsbee 21/FINAL

ST413

I don’t think Silsbee will have a problem slowing down wos offense. But in order for Tigers to win they will have to have a good balanced attack on offense, and wos will have to have a bad game on defense... again.... what are the odds of wos playing two consecutive weeks of bad defense?

The deciding factor will be wos defense. WIll we see wos vs newton defense, or wos vs jasper defesne?

49 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

My annual “I Hate to See Either One Win” Bowl. 

WOS at home and coming off of a lopsided loss to Jasper.... I think Silsbee finds a way to drop a winnable one. Give me the Stangs by more than we’d all expect. 

What... you are ok with me birdman I know I sometimes give you a hard time, I believe we will re-group and pull out a win. Next year, I will be a new Westbrook fan my nephew is on JV and will be moving up. Go Stangs and Bruins.

We gotta spit the blood from last night out and turn focus to silsbee. And what's this about some people want coach t fired. That's just ridiculous. Nobody in the golden has a record close to his. Like I said they were a million busted assignments last year but nobody cared because we were winning. Now everybody wants to be a coach when things r rocky 

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I don’t think Silsbee will have a problem slowing down wos offense. But in order for Tigers to win they will have to have a good balanced attack on offense, and wos will have to have a bad game on defense... again.... what are the odds of wos playing two consecutive weeks of bad defense?

The deciding factor will be wos defense. WIll we see wos vs newton defense, or wos vs jasper defesne?

I would have thought a good balanced attack was a key......until last night.  But I don’t expect that two weeks in a row.  

35 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

What... you are ok with me birdman I know I sometimes give you a hard time, I believe we will re-group and pull out a win. Next year, I will be a new Westbrook fan my nephew is on JV and will be moving up. Go Stangs and Bruins.

Funny how that works.  I'll be moving on too from Silsbee and going full time with United.  So we'll still be on opposite ends. Lol

36 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

We gotta spit the blood from last night out and turn focus to silsbee. And what's this about some people want coach t fired. That's just ridiculous. Nobody in the golden has a record close to his. Like I said they were a million busted assignments last year but nobody cared because we were winning. Now everybody wants to be a coach when things r rocky 

Maybe y'all can hire y'all brother,  Foreman.  He'll be available sooner than you think.  

People need to realize the WOS is a different kind of beast and playing at home. WOS will be like a wounded and cornered beast and the football season just moved unto their territory. WOS has ruled what ever district they have played in for the past eight years, not loosing any district game during that time. This will be a tough game for Silsbee. Both teams struggle at QB. Silsbee needs to get a handle on the penalties and keep from putting the ball on the ground. Silsbee has to take care of us, get better at what we do and let the game take care of itself. We know WOS will be WOS. Silsbee has taken better teams into Dan R. Hooks Stadium and lost. As long as we win by one point and get the W and improve in the process. I think people will see an epic battle. TigerNation!!!

27 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

People need to realize the WOS is a different kind of beast and playing at home. WOS will be like a wounded and cornered beast and the football season just moved unto their territory. WOS has ruled what ever district they have played in for the past eight years, not loosing any district game during that time. This will be a tough game for Silsbee. Both teams struggle at QB. Silsbee needs to get a handle on the penalties and keep from putting the ball on the ground. Silsbee has to take care of us, get better at what we do and let the game take care of itself. We know WOS will be WOS. Silsbee has taken better teams into Dan R. Hooks Stadium and lost. As long as we win by one point and get the W and improve in the process. I think people will see an epic battle. TigerNation!!!

STiger85 you have some good statements in your post. Both teams have not played thus far to their potential. I agree it will be a battle to see who will win district, and maybe have a softer schedule in the playoffs. After last night I think teams will try to run up the middle on our defense. No excuses, I will support you Tigers after Friday night. Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Silsbee (3-3) v WOS (2-4). Can anyone remember if at any time these two teams played and nether one has a winning record? Common opponents are Nederland, Newton and BC

Silsbee                        WOS

14-21 (L) Nederland   18-19 (L)

48-14 (W) BC             21-0 (W)

14-56 (L) Newton        7-21 (L)

Silsbee and WOS had their chances against Nederland. 

13 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

Silsbee (3-3) v WOS (2-4). Can anyone remember if at any time these two teams played and nether one has a winning record? Common opponents are Nederland, Newton and BC

Silsbee                        WOS

14-21 (L) Nederland   18-19 (L)

48-14 (W) BC             21-0 (W)

14-56 (L) Newton        7-21 (L)

Silsbee and WOS had their chances against Nederland. 

You can toss all of those stats. You had wet fields some weeks, injuries, etc.... 

I think you’ll see the Mustangs come out and play the best football that they’re capable of playing. You can almost always count on Silsbee laying an egg when they face the Stangs. 

I mean, everybody knows that WOS really stands for “We Own Silsbee.”

40 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

You can toss all of those stats. You had wet fields some weeks, injuries, etc.... 

I think you’ll see the Mustangs come out and play the best football that they’re capable of playing. You can almost always count on Silsbee laying an egg when they face the Stangs. 

But doesnt everyone own Bridge City?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

When we are the only team in the area that plays WOS on a regular basis and only win four or five games, I can see how the other teams that won’t put WOS on their schedule regularly would say that. Until we start winning some game against them that statement is true. 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

When we are the only team in the area that plays WOS on a regular basis and only win four or five games, I can see how the other teams that won’t put WOS on their schedule regularly would say that. Until we start winning some game against them that statement is true. 

Exactly besides we all know BC stands for Bitterly Constipated!

Toss up.After 6 games there is no improvement on the offensive side for WOS.We are still killing drives with penalties and giving up to many big plays on defense.After each game people say...ok we gonna turn it around next week and we will be fine.Ever stop to think that this team has already reached it's potential ?Unlike some that's ok with me and I will still support them.This should be a good game and just might decide who wins the district.