Kirbyville vs Hardin

1979HDBobcats

Yea I know it’s not exactly a sexy matchup or even yet one that anyone would want to watch. Let’s face it the only ones in the stands for this are the parents, grandparents and student bodies ( bless their heart but that’s the most exciting thing going down in Hardin on a Friday night). With that being said let’s hear the predictions 

4 minutes ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

Yea I know it’s not exactly a sexy matchup or even yet one that anyone would want to watch. Let’s face it the only ones in the stands for this are the parents, grandparents and student bodies ( bless their heart but that’s the most exciting thing going down in Hardin on a Friday night). With that being said let’s hear the predictions 

Well uh, uh, uh, let's see..... hmmmmmmm, I say... wait, no I think.... hmmmm maybe.......

Like Jethro Bodine used to say, "think I need to do some cyphering on this"

4 hours ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

you may want to re-think that......there are two locations busier than hardin high school stadium on a friday night (Los Compadres and Simply Country Cafe) - I have ate at both a couple times on weekends since I moved to Liberty and enrolled my kids into Hardin and I can absolutely without a shadow of doubt tell you that both places are booming on friday nights.

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

you may want to re-think that......there are two locations busier than hardin high school stadium on a friday night (Los Compadres and Simply Country Cafe) - I have ate at both a couple times on weekends since I moved to Liberty and enrolled my kids into Hardin and I can absolutely without a shadow of doubt tell you that both places are booming on friday nights.

Yes we hit the Mexican food place every time we come to town outstanding food. 

7 hours ago, H-D BOBCAT 55 said:

K-Ville’s best chance to get a win, only chance to prove they aren’t one of the worst teams in SETX. Will be a close game. 

The Warren game is our best chance actually, but I do agree that we have a shot against Hardin. We're definitely having one of the worst yrs we've had in recent memory, but we have been a play or two away from being 3-2 right now instead of 0-5. So saying we may be one of the worst teams in SETX may be a bit much....especially after the seasons we've put together since 2000.

On 10/7/2018 at 5:58 AM, WildcatBacker said:

The Warren game is our best chance actually, but I do agree that we have a shot against Hardin. We're definitely having one of the worst yrs we've had in recent memory, but we have been a play or two away from being 3-2 right now instead of 0-5. So saying we may be one of the worst teams in SETX may be a bit much....especially after the seasons we've put together since 2000.

Nobody is denying that KV had some impressive teams in the last 18 years.. but I think this is in regards to this year's team.  I personally don't believe you guys are the worst team in SETX by any stretch.  As long as there are Colmesneils, Sabine Passes, and Burkevilles of the world you guys never have to worry about that.  In a relative sense, though... you guys are 0-5 and I don't think there are too many SETX teams left that haven't won a game.  So there's that..

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Nobody is denying that KV had some impressive teams in the last 18 years.. but I think this is in regards to this year's team.  I personally don't believe you guys are the worst team in SETX by any stretch.  As long as there are Colmesneils, Sabine Passes, and Burkevilles of the world you guys never have to worry about that.  In a relative sense, though... you guys are 0-5 and I don't think there are too many SETX teams left that haven't won a game.  So there's that..

there's probably not a better 0-5 team in the history of south east texas.  from what i can tell, hardin will have their hands full with this scrappy bunch.

39 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

there's probably not a better 0-5 team in the history of south east texas.  from what i can tell, hardin will have their hands full with this scrappy bunch.

I would venture to say that just about ANY team could be 0-5 or 5-0 depending on their schedule.  It's all relative and records don't necessarily reflect how good/bad a team is.  No offense but Hardin could be used as an example of this very thing.  Change of schedule could change everything. 

I would bet that Kirbyville is still good enough to mop the floor with HD and the 4 horsemen!!  As a matter of fact doesnt HD have San Augustine this Friday???  HD may start the game with more than a few fans in the stands but by the start of the 4th not even parents, grandparents, and student bodies will still be hanging around. Shocked that somebody from HD would try and belittle another team for having a rebuilding season!  

15 minutes ago, Uncle Si said:

I would bet that Kirbyville is still good enough to mop the floor with HD and the 4 horsemen!!  As a matter of fact doesnt HD have San Augustine this Friday???  HD may start the game with more than a few fans in the stands but by the start of the 4th not even parents, grandparents, and student bodies will still be hanging around. Shocked that somebody from HD would try and belittle another team for having a rebuilding season!  

Because I’m one of the parents in those stands watching. 

31 minutes ago, camsdad said:

Hardin

what gives you the confidence hardin will win? i didnt go to the east chambers game and i heard it was a throttling. yes i know its the back up QB but there's not excuse for getting beat like that. kirbyville has played much stiffer competition 5 games in so i think its going to be very hard to defeat them after the way hardin played last week. i could be wrong....and i hope i am. something else i am disappointed in is, i always sit on the visitor side at hardin home games and i look into the stands and i dont see much of any enthusiasm. maybe i was spoiled in evadale. I dont know but it dont seem like the community gets behind the kids like i thought they would.

I think Haynes and crew will get it done this week. Kirbyville may very well win but I’m just going with the “homer” pick. Hornet fans have been like that for along time. The only time you may see them excited is when they actually beat someone that they’re not expected to beat. My son graduated in ‘15 and they had very little fan support then. 

9 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

So we should play weaker teams to get a better record? There's that..

16 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

That’s what Hardin did.  Now you guys are about to play a game against a group of kids that at least have some confidence and know what it feels like to win.  That’s huge in the mind of a teenage athlete.

It works both ways.... what I like about Kvl.  They appear to still be playing hard!!!