Crosby V. PNG

Cougtalk

17 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Teachers collectively overestimate the actual value of their profession.  

You work indoors, 7:30 to 3:30, M-F for 162 days per year... for full time pay.  

I'll start getting a lot more supportive when teachers work m-f, 8-5, with 2 weeks of vacation per year.  Because that's an actual job.   

Teaching is a part-time babysitting gig... a VERY well paid one, I might add.

That is the most ignorant statement i have ever heard in my life.

The one thing I'm not worried about is going into "The Jungle". We travel with our own hostile environment. We make ourselves at home in every Stadium.

We've been utilizing the RB's more this season, so RJ hasn't been on the run AS much. Now, with # 5 out, RJ may be taking off more, bad news for the Coog defense.

Hoping Defense steps up and gets some stops. Has baby Bost ever played defense? I know his brother was a beast when switched to that side of the ball.

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, you’re a welder so that explains a lot, too. 

Teachers are pretty much the professional, white collar version of welders. They cry a LOT about their chosen profession (like welders) and just like welders can never accept responsibility for welds that won’t pass inspection, teachers can’t accept responsibility for the pitiful educations that kids get today. I mean, “I’m a teacher! I have the most important job! I should be paid better!”

So why can’t Johnny read, do simple math, and will probably end up as rig welder?

”It’s the parents’ fault!” scream all of the teachers together in unison. 

So get up in the morning and unroll those leads (unless it’s too muddy out there for you again tomorrow), start promising to drag up, put that stupid pie pan/hood over that ridiculous rebel flag welding cap you picked up at the Quikee Mart, and keep telling yourself that our economy would stop if it wasn’t for the job you do (that can be mastered by 10th graders (NOT the smart ones) in 2 six weeks of shop class. 

Doofus. 

My mom is a retired teacher (Special Needs) and my dad welded for 25 years and provided for his family. You can go screw yourself. 

29 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

My mom is a retired teacher (Special Needs) and my dad welded for 25 years and provided for his family. You can go screw yourself. 

Your mom had special needs AND still became a teacher?  My hat's off to her. Although it kinda proves my point about teaching (and welding) both being jobs that anybody could do. 

3 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Bronco94 I have to be honest. I didnt care much for your sometimes ridiculous post in the past, but I always knew there was something about you that we had in common "brother-in-law" lol.

If I were to guess I'd say he is either a welder who couldn't make it,turned QC. Or one of them pipe-fighters who know it all. Either way if he dont like the way I do it, I'll let him try it lol.  

Ok back on topic, i think even with Mr. UT hitting the turf Friday night crosby takes the win with our jr with only 1 start under his belt. Take into consideration the hour drive, cooler weather, lots and lots of cowbell, and most of all, the Indians are coming to the jungle Friday night, it's hard to get a win in our house even with all of PNG's "Tradition"

I'm calling this crosby by 17.

And if I'm wrong cardinalbacker has agreed to eat the crow on Saturday with the Hope's that it will make him better than a welder

Pipe-fighter?  I'm confused.  

42 minutes ago, NDNation said:

The one thing I'm not worried about is going into "The Jungle". We travel with our own hostile environment. We make ourselves at home in every Stadium.

We've been utilizing the RB's more this season, so RJ hasn't been on the run AS much. Now, with # 5 out, RJ may be taking off more, bad news for the Coog defense.

Hoping Defense steps up and gets some stops. Has baby Bost ever played defense? I know his brother was a beast when switched to that side of the ball.

Run defense - way better than last year.  The turnovers are some proof of that.  Opposing RB's are taking a beating.  

Field position - the freshman kicker is giving the team good field position.  Nailing extra points.  He is going to win a game this year with that leg.  My middle son played with him last year, they miss him on the 9th grade team.

Secondary tackling - There have been some brain farts and kids trying to hit instead of tackle (thats at every HS though) but this secondary tackles better than last year.  They aren't ball hawks but if the QB floats one or is inaccurate, they have the speed to get into position for interceptions.

QB - Howard is a great kid.  This really sucks for him.  This is going to be an unpopular opinion but this team can go just as far with Coker.  My oldest played with him in jr. high.  They lost one game. And they never had a stud at any position.  It was just methodical, great decision making football.  Howard is a home run hitter.  He can run, he can throw the bomb.  That can win games.  Coker is going to spread the ball around, make fast decisions, and stay tough in the pocket.  He will throw the ball away instead of trying to make something happen.  It's just a different animal.

Crosby 38

PNG 34

P.S. Wish the admins would shutdown the talk about CISD money issues on this thread.  Plenty of other places to air that one out.  

30 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Run defense - way better than last year.  The turnovers are some proof of that.  Opposing RB's are taking a beating.  

Field position - the freshman kicker is giving the team good field position.  Nailing extra points.  He is going to win a game this year with that leg.  My middle son played with him last year, they miss him on the 9th grade team.

Secondary tackling - There have been some brain farts and kids trying to hit instead of tackle (thats at every HS though) but this secondary tackles better than last year.  They aren't ball hawks but if the QB floats one or is inaccurate, they have the speed to get into position for interceptions.

QB - Howard is a great kid.  This really sucks for him.  This is going to be an unpopular opinion but this team can go just as far with Coker.  My oldest played with him in jr. high.  They lost one game. And they never had a stud at any position.  It was just methodical, great decision making football.  Howard is a home run hitter.  He can run, he can throw the bomb.  That can win games.  Coker is going to spread the ball around, make fast decisions, and stay tough in the pocket.  He will throw the ball away instead of trying to make something happen.  It's just a different animal.

Crosby 38

PNG 34

P.S. Wish the admins would shutdown the talk about CISD money issues on this thread.  Plenty of other places to air that one out.  

in two games vs vidor and manvel you gave up around 1000 yards rushing alone. How is the run defense better. Or Secondary tackling because if they are getting that many yards it means they are behind the front 7.

Vidor - All they do is run.  And they are are pretty good at it.  Run defense is still better than last year.

Manvel - Manvel has some beast RB's.  They also are going to put up some yards against any team in the state.  Last years defense would have gave up more.

This is where stats matter but don't matter (but matter).  At least 150-200 yards, per game, was given up in those weird, sleepy things called 1st quarters.  So....Stats don't matter.

(Now watch me prove myself wrong)  A good run defense doesn't give up that many yards in the first quarter.  Rushing-yards-against certainly matter.....

However....when it was on the line, the defense was stepping up, stopping the run, tackling well in the secondary.  

This is not a "Great" defense.  This is a "Good" defense.  Last year was a "Bad" defense.  

I will stand by "they are way better" than last year but keep giving up that many yards on the ground and Crosby will be talking about next year's defense in about 6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

Vidor - All they do is run.  And they are are pretty good at it.  Run defense is still better than last year.

Manvel - Manvel has some beast RB's.  They also are going to put up some yards against any team in the state.  Last years defense would have gave up more.

This is where stats matter but don't matter (but matter).  At least 150-200 yards, per game, was given up in those weird, sleepy things called 1st quarters.  So....Stats don't matter.

(Now watch me prove myself wrong)  A good run defense doesn't give up that many yards in the first quarter.  Rushing-yards-against certainly matter.....

However....when it was on the line, the defense was stepping up, stopping the run, tackling well in the secondary.  

This is not a "Great" defense.  This is a "Good" defense.  Last year was a "Bad" defense.  

I will stand by "they are way better" than last year but keep giving up that many yards on the ground and Crosby will be talking about next year's defense in about 6 weeks. 

I dont have a dog in the fight but I will say this from what Crosby has done, one just needs to take a look and the schedule and level of competition that the Crosby Cougars have faced. TEXBUZZ is absolutely correct when he says Vidor puts up 200+ rushing each game its not meant to be stopped only contained, The MANVEL backfield will not and has not been stopped all season and those are the only two teams who actually played them tough. Both the Dayton and WOS games were actually worse than the final scores can show. Im a big fan of college football and on saturdays its the teams who cause punts and turnovers which give their offenses more chances to stick it in the endzone.  

13 minutes ago, AshlyVYPE said:

Offense

PNG

Rush: 214.4

Pass: 223.0

Overall: 437.4

Crosby 

Rush: 304.2

Pass: 176.6

Overall: 471.8

Defense

PNG

Rush: 206.4

Pass: 185.6

Overall: 392.0

Crosby

Rush: 208.6

Pass: 184.2

Overall: 392.8

Based on these stats both teams are pretty much equal. Although, then you have to think about what ozensfastest posted and consider who each team has played. 

19 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Based on these stats both teams are pretty much equal. Although, then you have to think about what ozensfastest posted and consider who each team has played. 

You also have to look at the fact that RJ was out 1/2 the Huntsville game, all of Tomball, and 1/2 of Lee.

Huntsville isn't a slouch.

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

You also have to look at the fact that RJ was out 1/2 the Huntsville game, all of Tomball, and 1/2 of Lee.

Huntsville isn't a slouch.

I agree.  And also factor in Crosby’s starting QB was out all of Vidor and all of Dayton. At the end of the day, all of those games were different and the only one that matters is the game ahead. 

11 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Your mom had special needs AND still became a teacher?  My hat's off to her. Although it kinda proves my point about teaching (and welding) both being jobs that anybody could do. 

This guy is just trying to hide the fact that his grandad is also his biological dad. Of course there’s nothing wrong with that kinda stuff going on in Bridge City...part of the reason their football team is so awful.