Beaumont West Brook 45 Beaumont United 10/FINAL

Alpha Wolf

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

I havent decided if West Brook is that good, or if United is that bad. Anyhow, the Bruins are having their way with the Timberwolves. 

Bro, I tip my hat to the Bruins.  The better team and definitely better coaches team won tonight.  No excuses...

2 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Brook is playing sloppy, now that they've got a 3 possession lead. No team is invincible. 

Besides North Shore, y'all will have your way with the district.  I hope the Bruins get in on the D2 side so they can have a serious chance at a run in the playoffs...

1 hour ago, Uncle Pig said:

I’m not at game, but if I was guessing I’d say United has just as good of players as WBrook, but I can promise you WBrook is about 10 times better coached 

Talent for talent, the schools are probably not too far apart.  But at head coach, the gap is so why it's mind boggling.  At the beginning of the season I remember someone saying that the game has passed Louis by and I tried to be optimistic and that he could do the job.  Good thing the word in the street is that by his own accord, he won't be back next year...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Talent for talent, the schools are probably not too far apart.  But at head coach, the gap is so why it's mind boggling.  At the beginning of the season I remember someone saying that the game has passed Louis by and I tried to be optimistic and that he could do the job.  Good thing the word in the street is that by his own accord, he won't be back next year...

I wonder why they hired him to begin with? Surely there were some solid young coaches that applied.

7 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

That’s good yet bad news, cus also a word in the street is Ed Taylor is the coach in waiting ...

i just don’t understand, the offense or defense of scheme. the offense is so predictable and they don’t even use there playmakers. #17 seems like he is very talented yet they only use him at KR/PR?? Like what are they doing? The Passing concepts are very basic, 

Westbrook could have had 55 if they really wanted to in the first half, they got talent over that way, hopefully they make a run in late November 

9 hours ago, workbootz said:

that #3 from WB has some wheels on him.  United offensive line couldn't pick up that blitz off the edge.

He had 17 carries for 170 yards, 2 receptions for 71 yards and 5 total TD's...smh.

It's hard to get anything going when your offensive line can't block long enough for a decent play to develop.

8 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I wonder why they hired him to begin with? Surely there were some solid young coaches that applied.

The list actually had some pretty good candidates that applied, Peterman from DeSoto who won a state championship in 2016 just to name one, but were told they couldn't bring anyone with them and had to use the current coaches.  Not even an OC and DC.  He and many others laugh, told the interviewers good luck with that and walked out.  They, meaning she, got what she wanted at United.

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

That’s good yet bad news, cus also a word in the street is Ed Taylor is the coach in waiting ...

i just don’t understand, the offense or defense of scheme. the offense is so predictable and they don’t even use there playmakers. #17 seems like he is very talented yet they only use him at KR/PR?? Like what are they doing? The Passing concepts are very basic, 

Westbrook could have had 55 if they really wanted to in the first half, they got talent over that way, hopefully they make a run in late November 

3 wins in 2 years, but she was adamant that Jeff Nelson from could not get the HC job.

Being around the Central program for the last 20 years, we hadn't been any world beaters or anything but I'm use to seeing coaches (Dixon, Stowers, Foreman, Nelson) with passion and fire on the sideline that rub off on the assistant coaches and to the players.  The team goes as the HC goes.

46 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

3 wins in 2 years, but she was adamant that Jeff Nelson from could not get the HC job.

Being around the Central program for the last 20 years, we hadn't been any world beaters or anything but I'm use to seeing coaches (Dixon, Stowers, Foreman, Nelson) with passion and fire on the sideline that rub off on the assistant coaches and to the players.  The team goes as the HC goes.

Really would have liked Nelson to get this job. Or someone from outside that could bring a few of his own guys.

The fact that the district made it where all the assistants remained pretty much doomed this program from the start. Going to be a tough start.

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The list actually had some pretty good candidates that applied, Peterman from DeSoto who won a state championship in 2016 just to name one, but were told they couldn't bring anyone with them and had to use the current coaches.  Not even an OC and DC.  He and many others laugh, told the interviewers good luck with that and walked out.  They, meaning she, got what she wanted at United.

Jeez that’s not good!

3 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

He should have been hired!

I thought United would lose but would compete better.  I have a lot of things I could say here, but it'll come off as straight disrespect for United and I want to rally behind the kids. 

Moving forward, however they do it, bit, scaratch, kick, ect, we need to beat everyone else not named North Shore and make the playoffs.  That's very doable...  

I'm still in utter disbelief that we only managed 100 total yards of offense.  Unbelievable...  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I thought United would lose but would compete better.  I have a lot of things I could say here, but it'll come off as straight disrespect for United and I want to rally behind the kids. 

Moving forward, however they do it, bit, scaratch, kick, ect, we need to beat everyone else not named North Shore and make the playoffs.  That's very doable...  

I'm still in utter disbelief that we only managed 100 total yards of offense.  Unbelievable...  

West Brook was in the backfield on every play and that running up the middle just not gonna cut it.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And 83 of that came on the one play with busted coverage for the only TD...

I had North Shore 1 and West Brook 2 at the beginning of the season but I had everyone else beatable for us.  This next game with CE King will tell us a lot about the remainder of the season.  I'm being optimistic because I have to and will be in my usual seats... 

22 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Soulja, you are inline with my thoughts exactly. I stopped posting bc I was coming off this way and I just couldn't help it. We looked like a talentless group of kids. I know there's talent out there. The coaching is the problem, putting the right kids on the field is the problem. The first game I attended, I saw the Oline wife on damn near all their blocks. So, I guest it hasn't been addressed. I wonder why not. Sad for BISD to keep giving these kids scraps for coaches.