Nederland 27 Barbers Hill 21/FINAL!

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

The strip on the BH QB is the difference in this game. That saved points from getting on the board. Hats off to that young man. You can’t coach that, that’s natural ability there and knowing the game 

The strip was a huge play inside the 5 in the game by #15 Landon Hiltz. The Hiltz kid made another huge play intercepting BH pass at the goal line. 

Mannnnnn I been telling y'all Nederland is going to have to start passing the ball more and with confidence to win these tougher games they are going to play. Last night they showed strength in a lot of areas, including that they can be composed and come from behind late in the game! That was a great team win. The offense looked like much more of a threat last night than it has all year. Coach finally was forced to open up the playbook a little more and it made the Dogs look like a new offense. That sophomore running back was a force last night. Congrats BullDogs. Mid county madness is going to be another great one. 

A BIG shout out to the nasties in the trenches.....They paved the road for the soph Kade Scott to the tune of 190 yds....The run game is picking up momentum, knew it would improve with reps. It's 1 thing to run the football, yet another to do it when they know it's coming and have no answer. IMPOSING your WILL!!!

I think the potential is there for Ned to possibly make a run but there is some cleaning up to do beforehand especially on offense.  That and the personal fouls, which I haven’t seen Ned get so much in years.  Hopefully coach Barrow gets through to the kids that they have to hold their temper and not cost the team.

15 hours ago, will_1103 said:

One of the all state DB’s killed BH #15 Hiltz took 2 td’s away from BH with a interception at the 1 & ripping the ball out of the BH qb’s hands at the 4 to end a Bh td threat. the secondary & defense made the plays enuff to keep BH out of the end zone & get the win. 

BH PASSING STATS-19-36-230 yds -1 interception 54% completion rate.ned defense  2 fourth down stops in the fourth quarter to make up for the 1st quarter miscues & get the win 

Time to set the record straight!

Great Game, one of the best I’ve seen in years.

Nederland played outstanding and never took their eyes on the end zone…

The Hill played just as impressive and was in it to win it. - BUT the yellow flags are killers! 

I did NOT like seeing the big man #81 on the sidelines. With that guy walking around water bottles on the sideline, the slot receivers was truly the only down field threats and we didn’t hear their names much in this game. The Ned secondary could focus on #4 and #15 and that seems to be what they did.  

But that wasn’t why Barbers Hill walked away with a loss in the game! AND it wasn’t because of poor play calling.. I heard multiple individuals at the end of the game complaining about the play calls….

The cost of this game lays at the hands of a few players who seems to think they have rights about their teammates to get technicals…. The Hill was just inches multiple times from dancing in the end zone and here’s comes that awesome sweet little yellow flag… Un-sportsman like conduct!! Massive setback for the game. Hope it was worth it…