Port Neches-Groves 38 Vidor 32/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Maybe one of the most competitive, but not the toughest. 

Right -- That's a good clarification. The district has a lot of parity, though not necessarily populated by the best teams. Though, at any given point in the season so far, our district has had at least 2 represented in the top ten of Div II, so we definitely aren't the weakest. 

Officials are always suspect in Mid-County, or for home teams, anywhere, any league.  Watched them for many years, but it’s not an unknown.  You have to plan on being better, & that plan has to include possible officiating.  It’s one reason bookies give 3 points to the home team.  I’ve seen a few games at Vidor when I was embarrassed at the refs calls against the visitors (very few, but still...).   

And to be honest, if I’d been there, I’d probably screamed at them too.  No, make that, I’d definitely screamed at them.  Part of the game.  All of the above post, I could only do since I wasn’t there :) 

Try watching any game through a more neutral lens and not your black and gold colored glasses. The refs missed plenty of calls on both sides. Almost always happens. If you're honest you saw Vidor get away with some things they should've been flagged for. It all evens out in the end. As is the way with most high school ref crews. 

5 minutes ago, Indians07 said:

Try watching any game through a more neutral lens and not your black and gold colored glasses. The refs missed plenty of calls on both sides. Almost always happens. If you're honest you saw Vidor get away with some things they should've been flagged for. It all evens out in the end. As is the way with most high school ref crews. 

One thing you can always count on - Refs gonna ref.

And thank goodness we have’em.  Good or bad, you can’t play without them.

6 hours ago, Starnight said:

They are bad.   Can’t get a fairly officiated game, especially in mid county

There were penalties called and missed both ways. Accept the fact that it was a hard fought well played game by two teams. It came down to who had the ball last and that happened to be the Indians. Good game Pirates and good luck going forward. 

For those uneducated folks moaning about “Mid County” officials, here’s some knowledge for ya...there’s no such thing. 

Each team does not have their own officials. Officiating crews are not created like Rec league slow pitch softball teams, buncha buddies just decide to officiate football one day and voila they form a crew, show up at their favorite teams stadium in stripes, convince everyone there (including the opposing coaches) to put ‘em on the field so they can screw the Pirates out of what we all know was rightfully theirs!!!

How about sometimes, actually 99% of the time, the team that won just outplayed the other enough to get the W. 

Congrats to both. Vidor has a good team. Work on a passing game just a bit and you beat Crosby, PNG and most teams you face. 

Great game from both teams last night! Hated that the Pirates ended up on the losing end for the 2nd week in a row but I do believe they left it all on the field. Keep Fighting Till Hell Freezes Over, Then Fight’em On The Ice An Good Things Will Happen! Keep your heads Pirates there’s still a lot of Football left. Good game RJ, I mean PNG.  That damn Indian Spirit did it again! 

3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

This is the hidden content, please

Its at the 1:52 mark. Sick!

Watching this hudl video reminds me of something that I witness each year when we play Vidor their kids are as classy as they come. The hit on number 12 was hard and the kid from Vidor reaches down to make sure he is ok and tries to help him up. You see this throughout the games I have watched with Vidor. Great coaches make great young men. 

15 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I think Vidor stands a good chance of going 4-3 in District. Barber's Hill, Dayton, Baytown Lee, and Santa Fe look like winnable games for Vidor. Not guarantees, and I think Vidor still has some close games in its future. The biggest obstacle left is Nederland. If Vidor can pull of a Nederland win, we have Vidor going 5-2. But even 4-3 in district, wouldn't Vidor make the playoffs? 

Based on to-date performance, I am comfortable predicting that Nederland and Crosby finish in the top 2 of the district, with the last two playoff spots being a race between PNG, BH, and Vidor. 

Well, 5-3 usually got you in when our district was made up of 9 teams, so 4-3 might do the same in an 8 team district.  May come down to tie-breakers for 4th spot.

5 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Well, 5-3 usually got you in when our district was made up of 9 teams, so 4-3 might do the same in an 8 team district.  May come down to tie-breakers for 4th spot.

Prior to the season I stated this District will have at least 1 team sitting home that would have easily made the playoffs in another District.  So far, the play has confirmed that.