Diboll 39 Crockett 28/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, ECFAN#1 said:

Sounds like Crockett was asleep first half and when they woke up it was too late. 20-0 first quarter, did Crockett turn the ball over a lot or did Diboll dominate 1st quarter?

Diboll dominated the majority of the first half. This game was a good test for the Diboll secondary as Crockett threw the ball 43 times for 253 yards and 4 TDs. Diboll DBs had trouble holding contain on busted and extend plays. Crockett has some athletes with big play ability that will give teams trouble. I do think a solid safety would hold their big plays in check though as Diboll dropped several picks. 

If Crocket could have hit some of those passes who knows how this game would have gone.  Crockett missed several open receivers and had some drops too.  Crockett had no answer to stopping Dibolls powerful RB either.  They might bottle him up for a bit but then he was too much for them to bring down.

49 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Diboll dominated the majority of the first half. This game was a good test for the Diboll secondary as Crockett threw the ball 43 times for 253 yards and 4 TDs. Diboll DBs had trouble holding contain on busted and extend plays. Crockett has some athletes with big play ability that will give teams trouble. I do think a solid safety would hold their big plays in check though as Diboll dropped several picks. 

There was one play that really changed the momentum before the end of the first half, Diboll had 3rd and however long and decided to throw the ball when McMillan had been having his way with the Crockett D, but it led to an interception and Crockett went on to score a couple TD right before the half.  Not being critical of the coach, just an observation. 

Proud of the Diboll D.  Secondary played well for the most part and dropped a few INTS.  I don’t really think the secondary got burned much, feel like the Crockett QB was making incredible throws right on the money.  

15 hours ago, Woodshed said:

Crockett also changed its defensive formation after halftime and only allowed 11 points after that. We were also in the red zone 4 times and didn't score. With all those mistakes I think if we play again this year it could go either way.