Jasper 34 West Orange-Stark 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

I watched the game. Unbelievable mistakes by the Mustangs. But all of you Mustang fans that are complaining, 'were you at the game?' The WO-S side which is way smaller then the Jasper side was only about 1/3 full. 

There are a lot of people hoping that you get rid of CT, because they are tired of getting beat by him every year. I am from Newton and I am a CT supporter and know he is one of the greatest high school coaches in the State. He will be in the Texas HS Coaches hall of fame some day. Thanks CT for the great memories and I know it will not be long before I see them again. 

Just give Jasper respect and move on.  Bringing up race, downplaying Jasper's win by saying their a one trick poney or a one man show, and downplay a coach's classiness...  Geez, just take the loss.  You're defense got torn to shreds make adjustments, and get ready for district next week.  Believe me, you should get the D together because you don't want a repeat of this game to happen next week...

1 hour ago, dj said:

Ladybug I hope that wasn't taking out the wrong way.i luv u and the hubby too.tbe kid needs fundamental teaching is all I'm saying.they didn't have a safety in the middle of the field.and that's my point.he has to be taught.and we don't have the coaching to teach him.and that's all I'm saying. We know  the kid isn't accurate but he's trying.its just something he can't do.

No Dj sometimes the wrong post gets quoted in the wrong box, I have done that before myself, lol. Hey we are Mustang Nation I love my city and my people it’s all good. I agree the QB needs fundamentals, sometimes summer camps are needed it gives the kids an outlet, parents a break, and the coaches are appreciative of players seeking to get better. My problem with putting the blame on the coaches is this: coaches do not cause fumbles, coaches do not throw interceptions, coaches do not hike the balls over the QB head, coaches do not miss tackles, players have to own it it’s on them ect. We win as a team and we lose as a team, it’s a learning experience for sure.

43 minutes ago, venom33 said:

I agree that fundamentals are key but shouldn't these fundamentals be taught in our extremely successful Lil Mustang league when these kids get their first taste of football and not at the varsity level? I understand reinforcing the fundamentals but to have no knowledge of them at this point says the coaching ball may have been dropped long before this season started for some. Or maybe some hard heads are just uncoachable...  JMO 

Preach.. good post

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Just give Jasper respect and move on.  Bringing up race, downplaying Jasper's win by saying their a one trick poney or a one man show, and downplay a coach's classiness...  Geez, just take the loss.  You're defense got torn to shreds make adjustments, and get ready for district next week.  Believe me, you should get the D together because you don't want a repeat of this game to happen next week...

Out of likes but PREACH!

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Gave them respect I can and will say last night they were a one man show Hunt had 350 yards, their passing game was low to none. I don't care about their over all schedule just what they did against us or how often they throw the ball last night they were a one man show. They won end of how they did it

14 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Gave them respect I can and will say last night they were a one man show Hunt had 350 yards, their passing game was low to none. I don't care about their over all schedule just what they did against us or how often they throw the ball last night they were a one man show. They won end of how they did it

Good grief....  *Palm over face*

She doesn't get that we didn't do much in the passing game because we ran the ball at will. I don't usually talk up Jasper as much as some people, but this year's team looks legit. You have to give the Mustangs their due for all of the success that they've had, but some of their fans can't handle an off year with class. Your program deserves that. 

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Don’t break your arm patting your own back.   I can name at least half a dozen towns in east Texas alone with just as much talent as WOS and zero titles to show for it.  I’ll give you 3 guesses what the difference is.  

A pretty big difference was when UIL split 4A into divisions.  Before that WOS hadn’t even gotten out of the region in quite some time.  Not to take away from their accomplishments but before 4A had a D2 it was a different story.

3 hours ago, Astrosfan75956 said:

Dj is absolutely clueless and saying stuff that doesn’t make sense. He even through in the race card. Why do you think WOS players have some of the best work ethic in SETX? It’s because Cornell demands the players to be that way! 

That that is true, but Alabama wouldn’t win a championship if they played in the NFL either.  Point being you just have to play in the class and teams the powers that be put you in.

26 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

She doesn't get that we didn't do much in the passing game because we ran the ball at will. I don't usually talk up Jasper as much as some people, but this year's team looks legit. You have to give the Mustangs their due for all of the success that they've had, but some of their fans can't handle an off year with class. Your program deserves that. 

She... does not care what Jasper will do has done from here on out mister. Good luck.

7 hours ago, dj said:

It's like this.what u get at w.o that is A+ is they're probably the hardest working program anywhere!! This town is blessed with talented kids on the defensive side of the ball. And they get fortunate with kids that goes both ways.u have a team now that u have to teach kids fundamental skills and they can't do it.even the kids on the O/L don't even know who to block.u can't just rag on the QB the kid isn't a QB.ray Charles can see that.but u have coaches that can't help whoever u put in there. And y'all been an outsider on this.i will assure you. That lord knows I'm not prejudice when I say this.if u ask 9 out 10 blacks that follow w.o they will tell u that are against every coach that's there.ppl go to the games to support there kids.bcz there kids loves football.this didn't just start.i really don't think y'all know how bad it's been. Lol even when there winning ppl are still against them.

Dude said Blacks?? I didn't know "blacks" was a ethnicity? I can tell you are from deep in the woods of setx ot have never heard the term African American. Smh. Horrible take sir. 

7 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Good post.  From where I sat (Jasper's side of course) Jasper was much more than a one trick pony.  Somebody was doing some good blocking to spring Hunt loose.  And as for speed and size, WOS was indeed very good.  Jasper was just faster, and bigger just judging that only a few times did WOS chase any Jasper player down once they cleared the secondary.  Even when Jasper recovered the ball on the 2 point attempt, no WOS player even came close to chasing down the Jasper player as he scooted to the end zone.  On the other hand Jasper in most cases seemed to usually chase down the WOS players.  And at the seven minute mark in the fourth quarter, Jasper didn't even try to use their speed, they just went on a smash mouth up the gut running drive of some 80 yards to kill off the clock.  I would not call that a one trick pony.

But that was only last night.  It is a foregone conclusion that WOS will get even better and I think that anyone that has to play them in district better bring their "A" game.  And honestly I hope that if both teams make the playoffs I hope they go in different brackets.  I hate to see Jasper have to play any team twice in the same season.  Still ticked off about 1986!   Just joking.  A little bit anyway.

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Dude said Blacks?? I didn't know "blacks" was a ethnicity? I can tell you are from deep in the woods of setx ot have never heard the term African American. Smh. Horrible take sir. 

This belongs in its own thread perhaps, but a friend volunteered this the other day.  She said she was born in the USA so she considers herself black.  She said that if she had been born in Africa, then she would accept the term African-American.  That seems reasonable to me.

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Is black an insensitive term? I’m honestly not sure.

Do we call whites European Americans?

To me we are all Americans, but some different color. Wasn’t aware that calling by color was incorrect. Why can’t you use black and white?

1 hour ago, Dawgs12345 said:

Is black an insensitive term? I’m honestly not sure.

Do we call whites European Americans?

To me we are all Americans, but some different color. Wasn’t aware that calling by color was incorrect. Why can’t you use black and white?

That was exactly our friend's point.  We don't talk about English Americans so why African Americans, unless they were born in Africa.  Then they would have some African customs.  She said she has never even been to Africa so knows nothing first hand about Africa.  She said she answers to Black, and resents being call African American.  That is not my definition, just passing on her comment.  If anyone wants to pursue this topic I think we need a new thread.