Jasper 34 West Orange-Stark 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

*Sigh*

Oh I'm not mad. At all. Clear this up.im not against anyone. But u really need to do ur research on the kids that plays at w.o .if you at any point would like for me to prove it. No problem. Even with the 4 straight title runs.this while thing is divided more than u think.

Standing on the sidelines last night (95% of the time I was on the Mustang sideline) what I witnessed was not a lack of coaching. I find that laughable. To even suggest it is ridiculous!

What I did see up close with my own eyes is a WO-S team that is simply not as good as in the past. It starts up front. Probably the weakest O-line I have seen them have in quite sometime. Running game was non-existent because Jasper was beating the blocker to the hole. Pass protection was not good. #2 did not have much time to throw. This is probably the worst offense I have seen the Mustangs have for several years. The Chain Gang defense had it's moments but what bothered me the most was that Jasper never really attempted a passing game on the Mustangs. Pretty much just ran the ball. Hunt ripped the Mustangs for over 320 yards. Not sure I have ever heard of a running back doing that to a Chain Gang defense. WO-S has a few guys with some size up front on the D-line but not the bell cow guys they have had in the past. This is probably one of the smaller WO-S teams (size wise) that I have seen in a few years.

All in all, WO-S is just a little down this year but that doesn't mean they are not good. That's far from the truth.

SMH on it's the coaching. Wow!

If you take a team to state 4 years in  a row and still have people thinking you cando better, then those people don't deserve you.  You wait and see.  When Coach Thompson is gone and the Hooks/ Thompson way of doing things gets changed the program will never be the same.  I understand the team is mostly African American and you want an African American coach.  I fully understand that.  I just hope whoever you get fully understands the tradition and works the kids as hard as his previous coaches have.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Standing on the sidelines last night (95% of the time I was on the Mustang sideline) what I witnessed was not a lack of coaching. I find that laughable. To even suggest it is ridiculous!

What I did see up close with my own eyes is a WO-S team that is simply not as good as in the past. It starts up front. Probably the weakest O-line I have seen them have in quite sometime. Running game was non-existent because Jasper was beating the blocker to the hole. Pass protection was not good. #2 did not have much time to throw. This is probably the worst offense I have seen the Mustangs have for several years. The Chain Gang defense had it's moments but what bothered me the most was that Jasper never really attempted a passing game on the Mustangs. Pretty much just ran the ball. Hunt ripped the Mustangs for over 320 yards. Not sure I have ever heard of a running back doing that to a Chain Gang defense. WO-S has a few guys with some size up front on the D-line but not the bell cow guys they have had in the past. This is probably one of the smaller WO-S teams (size wise) that I have seen in a few years.

All in all, WO-S is just a little down this year but that doesn't mean they are not good. That's far from the truth.

SMH on it's the coaching. Wow!

One question then bcz I was at the game. Did u see neither LB know what to do then. They were taking there own self out the play. And  the kid had ppl open all nite.what happens is his inexperience of playing QB kicks in.he has to see someone wide open bf he throws it.and what hurts even more is that he is not accurate at all.he is trying.but u have to try to put a kid in there that has a lil understanding of the position and teach him.w.o doesn't have that.its one of these years that u have to teach inexperienced kids that don't understand yet.and by the way if you seen that u had to see 2x that w.o wasn't even set on defense when the kid broke bcz they looking at the sideline for a call.

8 minutes ago, dj said:

One question then bcz I was at the game. Did u see neither LB know what to do then. They were taking there own self out the play. And  the kid had ppl open all nite.what happens is his inexperience of playing QB kicks in.he has to see someone wide open bf he throws it.and what hurts even more is that he is not accurate at all.he is trying.but u have to try to put a kid in there that has a lil understanding of the position and teach him.w.o doesn't have that.its one of these years that u have to teach inexperienced kids that don't understand yet.and by the way if you seen that u had to see 2x that w.o wasn't even set on defense when the kid broke bcz they looking at the sideline for a call.

Cornel Thompson has been one of the better defensive coaches in this state, regardless of level, for more than 3 decades.  That didn’t change over night.  Sometimes, kids aren’t as good as others, or aren’t as coachable as others.  To argue it’s on him, is laughable.  And by laughable I mean hysterical.  And by hysterical, I mean asinine.  

21 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

If you take a team to state 4 years in  a row and still have people thinking you cando better, then those people don't deserve you.  You wait and see.  When Coach Thompson is gone and the Hooks/ Thompson way of doing things gets changed the program will never be the same.  I understand the team is mostly African American and you want an African American coach.  I fully understand that.  I just hope whoever you get fully understands the tradition and works the kids as hard as his previous coaches have.

Sometimes that’s more important than winning. 

My my my...how the tides have changed.  Who is it that always argues that talent is more important than coaching?  Hmm.. was that me? I can’t remember.  What I do remember is that WOS fans were saying a year or two ago that Coach T could go anywhere and win.  Relax WOS fans.. as in most cases.. it’s NOT THE COACHES.

I think I’m enjoying these comments more than I should be.

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Cornel Thompson has been one of the better defensive coaches in this state, regardless of level, for more than 3 decades.  That didn’t change over night.  Sometimes, kids aren’t as good as others, or aren’t as coachable as others.  To argue it’s on him, is laughable.  And by laughable I mean hysterical.  And by hysterical, I mean asinine.  

He is a great DC .that knows offense but what I'm telling is u also need talent. And I know the talent is down this year.but what what u have to realize it's been more of the kids .they play a 50 defense that's aggressive and try to pursue the ball.undersized kids shooting gaps.and ur responsibility. I would like to think everyone on this board is cool with each other and love each other as one. So with that been said I would be more then happy to prove to any what I'm saying. I understand some kids don't get it.and some are not as talented.fundamentals of the game is what's missing. It's like this sometimes u can just put an athletes on a field and they will make plays for u.

4 minutes ago, dj said:

He is a great DC .that knows offense but what I'm telling is u also need talent. And I know the talent is down this year.but what what u have to realize it's been more of the kids .they play a 50 defense that's aggressive and try to pursue the ball.undersized kids shooting gaps.and ur responsibility. I would like to think everyone on this board is cool with each other and love each other as one. So with that been said I would be more then happy to prove to any what I'm saying. I understand some kids don't get it.and some are not as talented.fundamentals of the game is what's missing. It's like this sometimes u can just put an athletes on a field and they will make plays for u.

Almost all of that I agree with!

1 hour ago, Old school eagle said:

WOS fans are so spoiled by success that when the cycle finally takes a dip some of them think Coach Thompson forgot how to coach while others take it really personal.  However, most Stang fans are educated and dedicated fans who under stand that it can't go on forever.  You are going to have years every.now and then when your program is younger and maybe even less talented.  The coaches can work 24 hours a day but it takes longer for these types of teams to develop.  And some will never develop into the type of team you've been accustomed to.  WOS has the highest winning percentage in the whole state.  It's easy to get fat and happy when your program is that great.  It's not going to last forever.  I will always put my money on this program turning everything around very soon.  In 1993 Newton was ranked number 1 in the state in preseason.  We won 3 games.  In 94 we went two rounds deep in the playoffs.   I really don't think it's time to panic. I really wonder how much good is done by calling out a young man by his name or number.  There are other ways to get your point across without embarrassing   A young man who more than likely is doing the best he can.

Great post!!

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Almost all of that I agree with!

On this board I hope everyone opinion is accepted. And that I'm for everyone no matter who they are. I can assure you that everything I have said that I can prove. Sometimes when ur on the outside looking in .everything looks different. Even last year.was one for the ages.those kids played together and for each other.and they were missing alot too.and what makes it's funny is the kid last year couldn't throw either.but his heart and determination at running it got them there.once again when I said this they were out coached in sc last year too.

1 hour ago, dj said:

Oh I'm not mad. At all. Clear this up.im not against anyone. But u really need to do ur research on the kids that plays at w.o .if you at any point would like for me to prove it. No problem. Even with the 4 straight title runs.this while thing is divided more than u think.

I did not sigh at you. It was for someone who thinks they can read me. Nobody can do that except my husband of 26 years lol. I agree with some of your statements, however it's not all the coaches fault. Jasper did not have a safety in the backfield most of the night we should have had a field day on them. They (Dogs) have good runners and our OL has struggled all year, even last year. It's not all on the coaches. 

46 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sometimes that’s more important than winning. 

I never once said I wanted a black coach.im just telling how it is.let me let  u in on a lil secret. W.o has one of top 8th graders in the country coming.the 9th graders play JV ball and they are handling up.so just think with all the talent coming for the next 3 years.its gonna look like its coaching. If they don't teach kids fundamental I don't care how gud they might be.it might not work.whats been taught is conditioning and weight room.and that's why I absolutely luv what vidor,nederland,png does every year with there kids.talent only can take u so far.

31 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Great post!!

He missed the point. It's not about me calling the kid out.its any coaching not helping these kids.like I said when ur an outsider looking in.everything looks different. And like I stated earlier I can prove what I said.

15 minutes ago, dj said:

I never once said I wanted a black coach.im just telling how it is.let me let  u in on a lil secret. W.o has one of top 8th graders in the country coming.the 9th graders play JV ball and they are handling up.so just think with all the talent coming for the next 3 years.its gonna look like its coaching. If they don't teach kids fundamental I don't care how gud they might be.it might not work.whats been taught is conditioning and weight room.and that's why I absolutely luv what vidor,nederland,png does every year with there kids.talent only can take u so far.

I’m confused, it seems as if the coaches are in a no win situation with you. They lose it’s on the coaches and if they win the next 3 years you say it’s because of the of the athletes. Can’t have it both ways. 

Look all this crying and pointing fingers is not going to change anything, That's what losers do. Wos has to iron our some wrinkles and find away to go 12 and 4. Yea it looks bad but now it's not the time to fall apart and start playing the blame game. It's easy to show support when everything is going great, but now is the time to relentless support for the stangz. I STILL HAVE MY ROOMS BOOK!!

25 minutes ago, Astrosfan75956 said:

Dj is absolutely clueless and saying stuff that doesn’t make sense. He even through in the race card. Why do you think WOS players have some of the best work ethic in SETX? It’s because Cornell demands the players to be that way! 

I  have played there and has a ring.and I didn't once say anything abt race. I'm telling you facts .evidently u never played there.we are in a new generation.and they have talent.but they need to know fundamentals.coach T knows everything that an offense will run.but when u have kids that don't understand fundamental to the game makes it hard. Once again I love everybody. No matter who u r.sports can take a back seat to everything.i luv everyone.but I can prove and show u !!

1 hour ago, dj said:

It's like this.what u get at w.o that is A+ is they're probably the hardest working program anywhere!! This town is blessed with talented kids on the defensive side of the ball. And they get fortunate with kids that goes both ways.u have a team now that u have to teach kids fundamental skills and they can't do it.even the kids on the O/L don't even know who to block.u can't just rag on the QB the kid isn't a QB.ray Charles can see that.but u have coaches that can't help whoever u put in there. And y'all been an outsider on this.i will assure you. That lord knows I'm not prejudice when I say this.if u ask 9 out 10 blacks that follow w.o they will tell u that are against every coach that's there.ppl go to the games to support there kids.bcz there kids loves football.this didn't just start.i really don't think y'all know how bad it's been. Lol even when there winning ppl are still against them.

How is this comment not bringing up race?

5 minutes ago, dj said:

I  have played there and has a ring.and I didn't once say anything abt race. I'm telling you facts .evidently u never played there.we are in a new generation.and they have talent.but they need to know fundamentals.coach T knows everything that an offense will run.but when u have kids that don't understand fundamental to the game makes it hard. Once again I love everybody. No matter who u r.sports can take a back seat to everything.i luv everyone.but I can prove and show u !!

This is the most logical post I have seen from you today. I agree it starts with fundamentals and I can assure you they are teaching them fundamentals. Even wos goes through cycles when the talent isn’t what it once was. Tyrone is no Jack dallas and there’s no Mandels on the Dline. Bottom line is this a down year. They will still go 3-4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Have a good day. 

36 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

I did not sigh at you. It was for someone who thinks they can read me. Nobody can do that except my husband of 26 years lol. I agree with some of your statements, however it's not all the coaches fault. Jasper did not have a safety in the backfield most of the night we should have had a field day on them. They (Dogs) have good runners and our OL has struggled all year, even last year. It's not all on the coaches. 

Ladybug I hope that wasn't taking out the wrong way.i luv u and the hubby too.tbe kid needs fundamental teaching is all I'm saying.they didn't have a safety in the middle of the field.and that's my point.he has to be taught.and we don't have the coaching to teach him.and that's all I'm saying. We know  the kid isn't accurate but he's trying.its just something he can't do.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

My my my...how the tides have changed.  Who is it that always argues that talent is more important than coaching?  Hmm.. was that me? I can’t remember.  What I do remember is that WOS fans were saying a year or two ago that Coach T could go anywhere and win.  Relax WOS fans.. as in most cases.. it’s NOT THE COACHES.

I think I’m enjoying these comments more than I should be.

Don’t break your arm patting your own back.   I can name at least half a dozen towns in east Texas alone with just as much talent as WOS and zero titles to show for it.  I’ll give you 3 guesses what the difference is.  

I agree that fundamentals are key but shouldn't these fundamentals be taught in our extremely successful Lil Mustang league when these kids get their first taste of football and not at the varsity level? I understand reinforcing the fundamentals but to have no knowledge of them at this point says the coaching ball may have been dropped long before this season started for some. Or maybe some hard heads are just uncoachable...  JMO