Jasper 34 West Orange-Stark 24/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, R.G. MAC said:

That is the difference between Barbay and Cornell, we may have to play then again in the third round,,,

FYI the difference between Coach T. and Barbay is CT has a state ring for every finger he owns lol. You coach is a bright , man he knows that your team might see us again in the third round; and he knows running up the score would only fuel the fire. Congrats Jasper, you won the game.

7 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

FYI the difference between Coach T. and Barbay is CT has a state ring for every finger he owns lol. You coach is a bright , man he knows that your team might see us again in the third round; and he knows running up the score would only fuel the fire. Congrats Jasper, you won the game.

He was showing some class. He's done this with everybody that we've played this year, so it has nothing to do with possibly seeing you guys again. I believe the Mustangs will be a much better football team come playoff time, but guess what? Jasper will be better too and there's no reason for the Bulldogs to fear the Mustangs. Take care of your business and we'll see you down the road. Go Dawgs!

11 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

He was showing some class. He's done this with everybody that we've played this year, so it has nothing to do with possibly seeing you guys again. I believe the Mustangs will be a much better football team come playoff time, but guess what? Jasper will be better too and there's no reason for the Bulldogs to fear the Mustangs. Take care of your business and we'll see you down the road. Go Dawgs!

Noted...

1 hour ago, T-daddy said:

I’m disappointed Barbay took knee on the 1 yard line with 2 min left to end the game ... you know dang well WOS would have put the points on the board!!!!  

Actually couldn’t be further from the truth.  Cornel does everything he can not to show up a coach or team.   Attempted field goals on 1st down in the whole second half, etc., he is the furthest thing from a run it up coach.  Barbay, unlike the poster here, absolutely knows this. 

51 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Oooooohhhhh somebody BIG MAD 

49 minutes ago, One4All said:

Great game Jasper....Hopefully Coach T.  Watches film and realizes #23 has to go back to linebacker 

And that's the thing. The kid is not that gud at LB.they lost the other kid 45 for the year last week.and I keep saying it. What's hurting w.o is the coaching. Since 1978 when all this has started.they have always had great athletes that could make plays on both sides of the ball. And now this is a year where lack of coaching has caught up with us.and just to prove my point.name me one player in the last 40yrs the coaching staff got them to the next level.it isn't any !!orange just have been blessed with great athletes that has gotten themselves to the next level.ppl wanna continue to say youth is the problem.no it's not.its the coaching on developing players.some teams have better players.but this a joke where u know u have a kid that u know can't throw.instead of doing things to make it easy on him.all they're doing is sitting on the sideline just calling plays.i really don't think they really wanna help the kid.this is an embarrassment for everyone that is from orange.

23 minutes ago, dj said:

And that's the thing. The kid is not that gud at LB.they lost the other kid 45 for the year last week.and I keep saying it. What's hurting w.o is the coaching. Since 1978 when all this has started.they have always had great athletes that could make plays on both sides of the ball. And now this is a year where lack of coaching has caught up with us.and just to prove my point.name me one player in the last 40yrs the coaching staff got them to the next level.it isn't any !!orange just have been blessed with great athletes that has gotten themselves to the next level.ppl wanna continue to say youth is the problem.no it's not.its the coaching on developing players.some teams have better players.but this a joke where u know u have a kid that u know can't throw.instead of doing things to make it easy on him.all they're doing is sitting on the sideline just calling plays.i really don't think they really wanna help the kid.this is an embarrassment for everyone that is from orange.

So you think not having Coach Thomas is the difference in some area? Just curious.

7 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Actually couldn’t be further from the truth.  Cornel does everything he can not to show up a coach or team.   Attempted field goals on 1st down in the whole second half, etc., he is the furthest thing from a run it up coach.  Barbay, unlike the poster here, absolutely knows this. 

Barbay has the utmost respect for Coach T and the WOS program. He didn’t kneel out of fear of retribution in the playoffs, he knelt because it was the right thing to do. Win with class, lose with class. This has always been the Barbay way. 

7 hours ago, dj said:

This couldn't be further from the truth.smh

9 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see these two meet again down the road. 

WOS has A LOT of growing up to do before that! Congrats Bulldogs. Y’all are as advertised. It’s good to see Jasper playing like, well....Jasper! WOS has to stop with the mental errors and HAS to get better in the passing game. Listening to KOGT last night it seemed like there were multiple open receivers on every pass play but couldn’t get them the ball. If a team only has to key in on the run....well, we all know what happens....

Boy, those WOS fans are starting to get salty, I’m noticing.  

My man CT has “rings for every finger” but coaching is the problem?

Maybe y’all need to get together and work on some better collective excuses. 

Sounds kinda like the Stangs are only giving about 72% this year. Nobody’s honking about “we’ll be fine come playoff time” or “just wait until we get Cooper back.” Can I get an “It’s just the Mustang Way” for old times sake?

14 minutes ago, kicker 2.0 said:

WOS has A LOT of growing up to do before that! Congrats Bulldogs. Y’all are as advertised. It’s good to see Jasper playing like, well....Jasper! WOS has to stop with the mental errors and HAS to get better in the passing game. Listening to KOGT last night it seemed like there were multiple open receivers on every pass play but couldn’t get them the ball. If a team only has to key in on the run....well, we all know what happens....

Unless you have a Hunt in the backfield.lol

10 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Sounds kinda like the Stangs are only giving about 72% this year. Nobody’s honking about “we’ll be fine come playoff time” or “just wait until we get Cooper back.” Can I get an “It’s just the Mustang Way” for old times sake?

And even in a down year BC still couldn't get it done.

21 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

This is not meant to take anything at all from Barlow, he is an amazing rb (hence the 30+ DI scholarship offers) but i would like to know why Montavien is not as good of rb as Barlow? Remember Montavien is only a Jr and as a sophomore in limited playing time he was Jasper's second leading rusher.

Barlow is an every down back. He has the height, size, speed, vision. He can catch the ball out of backfield. He can pick up blitzes when need be. He can split out and catch the ball as a receiver. All I see with Hunt is the ability to run really fast. He is a good high school RB and he may when it’s all over be able to do many different things but right now no he is not on the same level as Barlow. This is the second game I’ve seen him play and granted one was a scrimmage against newton, which he had the one long TD run, but didn’t see him do anything else the rest of the time. When Barlow steps on the field you see him doing numerous things and he stands out on a field full of good players. Again Hunt is a good player but he is not yet on the same level as Barlow. 

8 hours ago, dj said:

Most schools would love to have the coaching problems WO-S has had over the last 3 decades. Schools like Jasper and Silsbee have had some good, even great talent over that same time frame and neither have even 1 state championship to show for it.

WOS fans are so spoiled by success that when the cycle finally takes a dip some of them think Coach Thompson forgot how to coach while others take it really personal.  However, most Stang fans are educated and dedicated fans who under stand that it can't go on forever.  You are going to have years every.now and then when your program is younger and maybe even less talented.  The coaches can work 24 hours a day but it takes longer for these types of teams to develop.  And some will never develop into the type of team you've been accustomed to.  WOS has the highest winning percentage in the whole state.  It's easy to get fat and happy when your program is that great.  It's not going to last forever.  I will always put my money on this program turning everything around very soon.  In 1993 Newton was ranked number 1 in the state in preseason.  We won 3 games.  In 94 we went two rounds deep in the playoffs.   I really don't think it's time to panic. I really wonder how much good is done by calling out a young man by his name or number.  There are other ways to get your point across without embarrassing   A young man who more than likely is doing the best he can.

43 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It is almost impossible for a fan base not to get “spoiled” by runs like the Mustangs have had.   I would hope that most understand that their coaches didn’t forget how to coach over the offseason.  But nothing surprises me anymore.  

9 minutes ago, JB94 said:

Most schools would love to have the coaching problems WO-S has had over the last 3 decades. Schools like Jasper and Silsbee have had some good, even great talent over that same time frame and neither have even 1 state championship to show for it.

It's like this.what u get at w.o that is A+ is they're probably the hardest working program anywhere!! This town is blessed with talented kids on the defensive side of the ball. And they get fortunate with kids that goes both ways.u have a team now that u have to teach kids fundamental skills and they can't do it.even the kids on the O/L don't even know who to block.u can't just rag on the QB the kid isn't a QB.ray Charles can see that.but u have coaches that can't help whoever u put in there. And y'all been an outsider on this.i will assure you. That lord knows I'm not prejudice when I say this.if u ask 9 out 10 blacks that follow w.o they will tell u that are against every coach that's there.ppl go to the games to support there kids.bcz there kids loves football.this didn't just start.i really don't think y'all know how bad it's been. Lol even when there winning ppl are still against them.