Port Arthur Memorial 50 Goose Creek Memorial 2/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

12 hours ago, thaghost said:

So was #20 ripping off a players helmet, and then throwing it, but you didn't comment on that. Besides, backups need the reps also. 

That player was penalized and removed from the game. His actions are unacceptable. Not much else to say about it.

It was not a backup throwing. 

17 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

That player was penalized and removed from the game. His actions are unacceptable. Not much else to say about it.

I know i saw our #19 throw a few passes, one that actually went for roughly 70 or 80yds. If you say so though. 

15 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

It was the starting QB , but all backup receivers & RB...... Our QB need all the reps he can get . We went damn near a full game against BU with snaps rolling on the ground . We also went the entire second half of the next game with the same problem. You guys were loaded up & smacking our 3rd RB.... What was we supposed to do .... just keep handing it to him & let y’all have target practice ? 

7 minutes ago, TeeCal85 said:

It was the starting QB , but all backup receivers & RB...... Our QB need all the reps he can get . We went damn near a full game against BU with snaps rolling on the ground . We also went the entire second half of the next game with the same problem. You guys were loaded up & smacking our 3rd RB.... What was we supposed to do .... just keep handing it to him & let y’all have target practice ? 

Target practice? Did you see how we tackled? 

41 minutes ago, TeeCal85 said:

It was #19 that's besides the point. Like you said, not gonna have their starting D have target practice on our RB when they now we're running out the clock. Especially since he's a starter on defense. 

2 hours ago, StangBacker said:

PAM will not win district - you heard that here first.  PAM does not have the offense to beat New Caney.  

The question is does New Caney have the offense to beat Port Arthur's defense?  The Titan defense plays aggressive and fast.  They have kids at each level, DL, LB, and DB that will hit, wrap-up, and take the ball carrier to the ground.  When you watch Port Arthur, you can tell the defensive coaches spend time in practice hitting and wrapping up - live contact.  That is a lost art in HS football these days.  Today, most kids arm tackle and wait for help, i.e. run to the football and gang tackle.  Not Port Arthur.  They have kids that wrap up and get you on the ground.  The Titan DL plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage.  I have not seen New Caney play.  Not sure what they have in the trenches.  They better have something and get ready for a physical game.  Port Arthur will bring it on defense.  The Port Arthur offense does enough.  They can move the ball.  Skill players aren't lacking.  When is this game and where?

15 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

The question is does New Caney have the offense to beat Port Arthur's defense?  The Titan defense plays aggressive and fast.  They have kids at each level, DL, LB, and DB that will hit, wrap-up, and take the ball carrier to the ground.  When you watch Port Arthur, you can tell the defensive coaches spend time in practice hitting and wrapping up - live contact.  That is a lost art in HS football these days.  Today, most kids arm tackle and wait for help, i.e. run to the football and gang tackle.  Not Port Arthur.  They have kids that wrap up and get you on the ground.  The Titan DL plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage.  I have not seen New Caney play.  Not sure what they have in the trenches.  They better have something and get ready for a physical game.  Port Arthur will bring it on defense.  The Port Arthur offense does enough.  They can move the ball.  Skill players aren't lacking.  When is this game and where?

Next Friday in New Caney

36 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

Next Friday in New Caney

Any team with a half decent line can block the front 4. Our center and Lg did a good job for the most part but you have to have others.   Few missed reads but it happens. We could have used the short passing game more then we did but they tried to go deep to much.  

As far as scoring at the end who cares its football, if we cant stop you thats on us.

2 hours ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

So were the actions of a few of their players with the little extra kicking and step on the players but its all good.

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Thank you 1989.  Appreciate the post

Most of what's off with the passing game can be fixed.  The only issue I see is consistency.   I hear they don't have a qb coach, and that's not good especially when you have a true pocket passer.  That run wasn't too shabby either. Lol Passes that were missed yesterday were made later in the game and previous games.  Room for improvement is actually good.  

i know other PAM fans think i'm hating on the team, BUT we are half way through the season. we need to stop making excuses for the offense. the next two weeks will give them a push...then again, our defense is so dominant. i dare to say this team reminds me of old WOS teams  from the Hooks day of letting the defense win the games and put points up lol.  WR's needs the juggs this week lol...in the beginning i did hear them drop 2-3 passes. however, he threw alot in the dirt or well over thrown. i rode kadon hard, to be honest either kadon was better or the WR's he had was better. the one thing i like he doesn't do is take big sacks and he doesn't throw too many picks.