Port Arthur Memorial 50 Goose Creek Memorial 2/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

22 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i know other PAM fans think i'm hating on the team, BUT we are half way through the season. we need to stop making excuses for the offense. the next two weeks will give them a push...then again, our defense is so dominant. i dare to say this team reminds me of old WOS teams  from the Hooks day of letting the defense win the games and put points up lol.  WR's needs the juggs this week lol...in the beginning i did hear them drop 2-3 passes. however, he threw alot in the dirt or well over thrown. i rode kadon hard, to be honest either kadon was better or the WR's he had was better. the one thing i like he doesn't do is take big sacks and he doesn't throw too many picks.

Not so much excuses, it is what it is.  Kadon was being groomed to be the starting Mem qb from the time he was in 7th grade.  Going home with the head coach and being personally trained by the OC qb coach.  That's 5 yrs preparation before his senior yr.  That's apples to watermelons bro.  Jones was an linebacker playing an.  Ladia has the talent and arm, but inexperience is showing.  I remember the coach saying that.  That's facts, not excuses. Comparing the 2 ( 1 had 5 years of preparation and the other had a summer)  IMO

28 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

Not so much excuses, it is what it is.  Kadon was being groomed to be the starting Mem qb from the time he was in 7th grade.  Going home with the head coach and being personally trained by the OC qb coach.  That's 5 yrs preparation before his senior yr.  That's apples to watermelons bro.  Jones was an linebacker playing an.  Ladia has the talent and arm, but inexperience is showing.  I remember the coach saying that.  That's facts, not excuses. Comparing the 2 ( 1 had 5 years of preparation and the other had a summer)  IMO

well to that sir, i see a short playoff run. and jones is a LB now. qb/ath...kid was playing qb on the lower levels too. IMO as an arm chair qb/monday morning coach, we should have gone with a two QB system or something. i don't have the answer, but if he's not making down field throws again THESE defenses, come 2nd rd, PAM might be done.

4 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i pulling for them 110%  assuming they get to the third rd, Hutto is gonna MAKE him beat them. if was the rest of the district, i'll load the box and blitz. nobody working with him is a problem.

True, but we'll see.  Hopefully he's ready, and if they lose, on to next year as always.  I like how the back up gets really good minutes, something Kam didnt get last yr, even in blowouts.   I know you're big supporter bro.

32 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i pulling for them 110%  assuming they get to the third rd, Hutto is gonna MAKE him beat them. if was the rest of the district, i'll load the box and blitz. nobody working with him is a problem.

I really don't think any team would play the Titans that way hoping the QB would miss targets. With teams playing with the safety over the top, them boys still running open as hell. To play them 1 on 1 would be a mistake. The only adjustment I would make if I was the coach is to go run 1st, when he did that last night, the QB play got better. We keep forgetting these boys doing this playing in a new system with roughly 3 months of work. 30 days of spring, 2 weeks of practice with 1 scrimmage, then games. They probably won't play a complete game til almost the end of district, which would be perfect. 

Timeout! When Jones was going into his senior year he was supposed to be the best QB around. Now before this season began this QB was the best ya’ll have seen. Now whats the problem? Evidently ya’ll dont know QB talent. Ya’ll talked crap on how all of these guys were better than RJ from PNG but ya’ll still have don’t have a decent QB. All of the talk for years was RJ only looked good because he was at PNG. Now I believe some of you don’t know s$&t about football. Im confused at the way some of you evaluate talent.

I think that's part of fans of teams.  What do you expect people to say about there team.  I see trash teams fans hype there teams more than PA.  All and all PAM was robbed of a 3rd round win last yr with a bad qb that's playing at Tulane and we're 5-0 with another bad qb that will be in someone's college next year.  Only someone stupid would say that about Johnson.  Not sure many PA fans said that bcuz a lot of us know him or have coached him. What are you talking about???

2 hours ago, 503Raised said:

I think that's part of fans of teams.  What do you expect people to say about there team.  I see trash teams fans hype there teams more than PA.  All and all PAM was robbed of a 3rd round win last yr with a bad qb that's playing at Tulane and we're 5-0 with another bad qb that will be in someone's college next year.  Only someone stupid would say that about Johnson.  Not sure many PA fans said that bcuz a lot of us know him or have coached him. What are you talking about???

Go back last year and the year before and your fans talked trash on RJ. The ones that did it know who they are. Back then he was never going to be a QB in college. Wow how you people forget the trash you talked on him. Lol! He was only good back then because he played with a bunch of white kids from PNG. Some people forget those comments but I dont! The ones who made those comments know who they are.

5 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Go back last year and the year before and your fans talked trash on RJ. The ones that did it know who they are. Back then he was never going to be a QB in college. Wow how you people forget the trash you talked on him. Lol! He was only good back then because he played with a bunch of white kids from PNG. Some people forget those comments but I dont! The ones who made those comments know who they are.

First of all that was one guy saying that Jones was better than RJ. Secondly, that was last year, you should've voiced your complaint then. As for me, personally I like the QB play. He's thrown less picks, taken less sacks and can get the ball downfield. Things that couldn't be said about the last one. 

11 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

That was 1 person. Lol

I dont like comparing QBs.  Each kid's training or lack there of is different.  I saw Grant Gunnell last night on ESPN.  For one he's been 6'5 and talented.  He's been professionally trained by an ex NFL QB for years and been a 4 year starter at St Pius.  2 ESPN top 100 players at Wr.  His experience alone will put him head and shoulders above most QBs in Texas.  Other kids have a his training alone would put them in a much better position. 

13 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

I said it. And stand by it today... not so much cup caking this year and if you watching Texas play today, yeah RJ gonna waltz right in and start Keep dreaming. WR or specialty QB for two years. Jones was better than Harrison due to he can run and wasn’t scared to.