Red Sox/Yankees

Was hoping for an A's win last night to give the Sox an easier road, but what I expected to happen, happened. The latest installment of Yanks/Sox scares me more than any other matchup. Yanks pen is capable and the starting pitching is solid. On top of that, the HR ball is always looming. This rivalry may be the best in sports, wish it was going 7. Anwyay, I think the Sox win in 5. 

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Red Sox looked pretty average last night. If they get lucky to get by the Yankees, there is zero chance they can keep up with the Astros. 

Didn't one guy hit for the cycle? Only one to do it in MLB playoffs. Hardly average..... Or am I missing some sarcasm?

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Didn't one guy hit for the cycle? Only one to do it in MLB playoffs. Hardly average..... Or am I missing some sarcasm?

Slight sarcasm. They definently had an outlier game, though. Alex made some changes to the lineup by starting Pearce, Holt, Devers and Vasquez. But, I expect it to still go 5 and be a hard fought series. Whoever the Astros get, will have some battle wounds.

I’ve watched this series close to see how the winner liens up against Houston. As weird as it may sound, I’m pulling for Boston. Their pitching depth will hurt in a 7 game series against the Astros. Yankees bats could knock enough long balls in the right games to compliment their pitching.

Either way, don’t see anyone beating the Astros in 7 games. They are just too complete as a whole. But baseball is weird. 

6 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Slight sarcasm. They definently had an outlier game, though. Alex made some changes to the lineup by starting Pearce, Holt, Devers and Vasquez. But, I expect it to still go 5 and be a hard fought series. Whoever the Astros get, will have some battle wounds.

Battle tested or totally healthy, one will have to play the reigning champs. Last year the Astros beat probably the three most storied teams in MLB......Boston, then the Yankees, then the Dodgers. We'll get some respect and play some prime time games against the Red Sox or Yanks.

Right now, it looks like the Red Sox up 4-0 in the 4th.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

Battle tested or totally healthy, one will have to play the reigning champs. Last year the Astros beat probably the three most storied teams in MLB......Boston, then the Yankees, then the Dodgers. We'll get some respect and play some prime time games against the Red Sox or Yanks.

Right now, it looks like the Red Sox up 4-0 in the 4th.

I'm a Sox fan for various reasons. When playing the Yanks it's never over.