Kirbyville @ Orangefield

Cat22

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

I do not consider it bad.  Have you seen how they have played the past 2 years.  Those 15 that left needed to go.  I would rather 19 that earned it and willing to put in the work than those cry baby entitlements that are leaving. 

Could not have said it better myself.

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

I do not consider it bad.  Have you seen how they have played the past 2 years.  Those 15 that left needed to go.  I would rather 19 that earned it and willing to put in the work than those cry baby entitlements that are leaving. 

I wouldn't expect Jones to tolerate that type of attitude from his players.

56 minutes ago, mragc2007 said:

When does the turn around begin? Jv. Fresh, 8 th 7th. 2nd grade???

Whenever they realize it takes a full time AD to concentrate on football year round not just when baseball is not in season. Kirbyville is a baseball first then whatever is next. The girls program is at an all time low also. Worst I’ve seen in 25 years. The band and tennis teams are the most consistent thing around here. 

10 minutes ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

Whenever they realize it takes a full time AD to concentrate on football year round not just when baseball is not in season. Kirbyville is a baseball first then whatever is next. The girls program is at an all time low also. Worst I’ve seen in 25 years. The band and tennis teams are the most consistent thing around here. 

tell us how you really feel

49 minutes ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

Not saying anything about how Jones is as a baseball guy, but Jeff was a very good baseball coach. How that played out didn't make a ton of sense to me, but I am not in the know, just an outsiders perspective. It wasn't like Kirbyville had a terrible baseball coach that Jones felt he HAD to replace. 

10 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Not saying anything about how Jones is as a baseball guy, but Jeff was a very good baseball coach. How that played out didn't make a ton of sense to me, but I am not in the know, just an outsiders perspective. It wasn't like Kirbyville had a terrible baseball coach that Jones felt he HAD to replace. 

Exactly stick to being the AD and Head Football Coach and make that program the best of your ability baseball was in good hands to begin with. Also hire some good coaches for the girls programs something that was not addressed until it was too late. 

Where does the turnaround start. At all levels, slowly and painfully. I was president of the athletic club when what is heralded to be the best football coach Kirbyville has ever had, Jack Alverez took over. I had 2 boys playing and one who started the 3 years before. They were 0-20 the preceding 2 years so this is not the bottom.bwe have been to the bottom. Jack did not have a winning season untill the third year. It's slow and it hurts. We see improvement already. No flagrant personal fouls. Last year they were every game. No players down on the sidelines. We are struggling offensively but we don't have college prospects in there either. In three years Jack made the playoffs and started a trend. In three years this AD will be dominant in our district.

2 hours ago, RealMcCoy said:

Where does the turnaround start. At all levels, slowly and painfully. I was president of the athletic club when what is heralded to be the best football coach Kirbyville has ever had, Jack Alverez took over. I had 2 boys playing and one who started the 3 years before. They were 0-20 the preceding 2 years so this is not the bottom.bwe have been to the bottom. Jack did not have a winning season untill the third year. It's slow and it hurts. We see improvement already. No flagrant personal fouls. Last year they were every game. No players down on the sidelines. We are struggling offensively but we don't have college prospects in there either. In three years Jack made the playoffs and started a trend. In three years this AD will be dominant in our district.

We must be watching 2 different teams and programs. 

If 7 days a week vare half time to you then we definitely watching 2 different teams. Coach Jones was recruited and signed as a quarterback by UAM where he later played strong safety on the first national quarter finals team in their history. He brought the free safety and Hall of famer Coach Newcomb to Kirbyville to coach football. You obviously are misguided thinking football is secondary to him.

4 hours ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

Also Jack was on the football aspect full time not just 1/2 the time so with that said will it be 6 years since he’s just a 1/2 time football coach 

19 minutes ago, RealMcCoy said:

If 7 days a week vare half time to you then we definitely watching 2 different teams. Coach Jones was recruited and signed as a quarterback by UAM where he later played strong safety on the first national quarter finals team in their history. He brought the free safety and Hall of famer Coach Newcomb to Kirbyville to coach football. You obviously are misguided thinking football is secondary to him.

I’m fairly certain he’s talking about the fact that he’s the head coach of two sports, football and baseball. Of course he’s coaching hard now. It’s football season. And during baseball season he will be all out for that season. That’s where 1979HDBobcats is referring to the ADs 1/2 time. Alvarez was a HFC and AD. As was Neece. They weren’t the head coach of another sport.

just because someone plays college ball does not make them a successful head coach. Too many factors play into that especially at a smaller school. 

Jack and Neece both had bad years starting out. We’ll see how it all pans out.