Greatest Players in Southeast Texas

6 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

Nobody repping Vidor yet..

I could make a list of some talented athletes I'd want on my team any day..but since we'll stick to the award winners and stat champs...

Jeff Luker

Rick Culbert

Montana Quirante

Has there been a better family of football players than the quirantes come through setx?

7 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

I could make a list of some talented athletes I'd want on my team any day..but since we'll stick to the award winners and stat champs...

Jeff Luker

Rick Culbert

Montana Quirante

You beat me to it.  All three good choices. Doubt you’ll ever see another player win the Willie Ray Smith award for both offense and defense like Montana did. 

7 hours ago, TenaciousK said:

Jeff Luker

Rick Culbert

Montana Quirante

Quirante was a football player but the other 2 wouldnt even make the greatest in Vidor list. Sure Culbert was fast but not a "football player". 

36 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

Quirante was a football player but the other 2 wouldnt even make the greatest in Vidor list. Sure Culbert was fast but not a "football player". 

Culbert may have been more of a track guy, but  you're dead wrong about Jeff Luker.  He was a beast on defense from his linebacker position, led the team in tackles for two years, Willie Ray Smith Award nominee, Super Gold linebacker, All-District and District Defensive MVP.   Ask Jeff Matthews his opinion if you doubt it.

15 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Culbert may have been more of a track guy, but  you're dead wrong about Jeff Luker.  He was a beast on defense from his linebacker position, led the team in tackles for two years, Willie Ray Smith Award nominee, Super Gold linebacker, All-District and District Defensive MVP.   Ask Jeff Matthews his opinion if you doubt it.

Sorry Its just "MY" opinion and it hasn't changed !

17 hours ago, Bootleg said:

Like Tim listed... Luker was a pure linebacker with the stats and accolades to back it up. I'd take him on my team any day.

Rick was fast...but he had a good mind for football too. Excellent returner, and I liked him even more on defense. He had a lot of INT's. it's a shame Vidor experimented with a west coast offense for 1 year when he became QB..he would have done some damage if they remained an Option team.  Definitely didn't play to his strengths on that choice.