So very amazing

stevenash

Amazon announced today that all employees will be earning a minimum of $15 per hour.  For many, it is impossible to imagine this can happen by virtue of free markets rather than government edict.  I wish to give the lefties a clue about this.  Everyone is much better served with the market making these decisions rather than a few politicians.

So Amazon raised minimum wage, but cut out bonuses and stock options.  I guess that wasn’t reported at 1st.  The company is free to do as they please, but the lefties were acting like Bezos was doing a good deed out of the kindness of his heart and not making a business decision.

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Most workers will actually make less with their new “raise.”  Bezos didn’t get to be the richest man in the history of the world, by being stupid.  

This is the hidden content, please

Sounds like profit sharing to me. You could pay people a lower wage and offer profit sharing and still keep your good people. The “want it now” crowd ruins it for everybody.

Thank goodness Jeff Bezos got it figured out in the last year and a half.  I was worried about Amazon before that.  Bezos plays it pretty close to the vest politically but I’m sure based on his substantial and open support for gay marriage and undocumented “dreamers,” he and Trump are likely simpatico.  

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Thank goodness Jeff Bezos got it figured out in the last year and a half.  I was worried about Amazon before that.  Bezos plays it pretty close to the vest politically but I’m sure based on his substantial and open support for gay marriage and undocumented “dreamers,” he and Trump are likely simpatico.  

He owns the Washington Post.  He’s a huge Lib as long as the rules don’t apply to him.  Like when Seattle tried to pass a homeless tax and Bezos threatened to move Amazon.

11 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

He owns the Washington Post.  He’s a huge Lib as long as the rules don’t apply to him.  Like when Seattle tried to pass a homeless tax and Bezos threatened to move Amazon.

Or he’s an independent thinker that agrees with some policies but not others. In other words, a highly intelligent, fair minded individual who has decided to share his fortune with his employees (see OP).  Can’t imagine how he’s found such success. 

43 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Or he’s an independent thinker that agrees with some policies but not others. In other words, a highly intelligent, fair minded individual who has decided to share his fortune with his employees (see OP).  Can’t imagine how he’s found such success. 

Sounds like the description of Trump.

You would think that the owner of the Washington Post would change the internal culture to a fair-minded and unbiased organization. Has that happened? Does the Washington Post reflect the ideology of the owner? Would a fair minded individual allow his own company to spew biased propaganda if that ideology conflicts with his own? Do you think Bezos bought the Washington Post in an effort to spew his own ideology through a surrogate so as to avoid any direct personal criticism? Before you accuse me of accusing him of being a Left wing nut job, I'm not. I don't know much of anything about the man. I'm just asking a few questions that probably should be taken into consideration when analyzing his political profile. I find it very difficult to label a man who owns a Left wing President bashing propaganda machine as unbiased.

5 hours ago, Englebert said:

Sounds like the description of Trump.

You would think that the owner of the Washington Post would change the internal culture to a fair-minded and unbiased organization. Has that happened? Does the Washington Post reflect the ideology of the owner? Would a fair minded individual allow his own company to spew biased propaganda if that ideology conflicts with his own? Do you think Bezos bought the Washington Post in an effort to spew his own ideology through a surrogate so as to avoid any direct personal criticism? Before you accuse me of accusing him of being a Left wing nut job, I'm not. I don't know much of anything about the man. I'm just asking a few questions that probably should be taken into consideration when analyzing his political profile. I find it very difficult to label a man who owns a Left wing President bashing propaganda machine as unbiased.

<insert laugh/cry emoji>

On 10/4/2018 at 3:01 PM, TxHoops said:

Hoops, where were you in 1982?