Dayton vs Crosby

Cougar14.2

Well, homecoming is here for the Cougars and if things play out on the trend that the season has been going, this one should be over by the time the queen gets crowned but that’s usually not how it works. Dayton received a generational beating in Liberty County last year so I expect the Broncos to come in playing for pride since 0-5 is probably inevitable. 

Crosby should have the advantage on the sideline and in every position group but Dayton did show sings of life for a couple quarters against BH last week and Crosby seems to have a hard time getting off the bus this year. 

Still tough to believe this game has lost so much of its luster so quickly. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, homecoming is here for the Cougars and if things play out on the trend that the season has been going, this one should be over by the time the queen gets crowned but that’s usually not how it works. Dayton received a generational beating in Liberty County last year so I expect the Broncos to come in playing for pride since 0-5 is probably inevitable. 

Crosby should have the advantage on the sideline and in every position group but Dayton did show sings of life for a couple quarters against BH last week and Crosby seems to have a hard time getting off the bus this year. 

Still tough to believe this game has lost so much of its luster so quickly. 

It will be a great game. I can’t promise that these broncos will come to play and everyone know you never know what to expect when these two meet up. I don’t know what will happen but I know 1 thing is for sure. I will be there wearing my bronco nation shirt and cheering for the broncos until they go to the locker room after the 4th. No matter the outcome I’m a broncos and I’m there to support my team. Good luck to Crosby and Dayton on Friday. 

This could be another scary game. What if Crosby has a “bad game”? They haven’t had one yet, and human nature could get them to relax after another game of the ages and homecoming, 2 big distractions. Dayton nothing to lose but EVERYTHING to prove. I have been in H S hallways for 33 years, y’all forgot how ruthless girls and non football boys are to the team who is sucking. Believe me, broncos are ready to explode , manhood is questioned every day in halls and who better to turn it around against than hwy 90 rivals Crosby (Americas team). Actually a loss at this time may be better for Crosby final goal rather than a win, think about it. Also, Dayton coming closer than anyone, me too, thought against da hill is a little bronco sugar cube. Some good games this Friday, Beaumont cup could be classic, png and vidor.

33 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Crosby will have to be more than distracted to lose this game. Dayton just does not have the horses to beat the Coogs. It may be close for a half if Crosby is slow out of the gates again, but Code Red pulls away down the stretch.

Dayton just does not have the horses - (was that a Pun - lol )  I hopping Crosby considers this their second bye week and underestimates us like the Store Bought team from the ant hill.

6 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Dayton just does not have the horses - (was that a Pun - lol )  I hopping Crosby considers this their second bye week and underestimates us like the Store Bought team from the ant hill.

There were a couple Equine related puns in there.

But regardless at my attempt at humor, I don't think Crosby's mindset will have much to do with the outcome. If Crosby struggles early and even if they overlook Dayton, that will only keep this one close for a half. Crosby is too talented to lose to Dayton (IMO). If Dayton was a ball control, smash mouth team like Vidor, then I could see them hanging around the whole game. But, Dayton's style of offense plays right into the hands of the more talented Coogs.

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

There were a couple Equine related puns in there.

But regardless at my attempt at humor, I don't think Crosby's mindset will have much to do with the outcome. If Crosby struggles early and even if they overlook Dayton, that will only keep this one close for a half. Crosby is too talented to lose to Dayton (IMO). If Dayton was a ball control, smash mouth team like Vidor, then I could see them hanging around the whole game. But, Dayton's style of offense plays right into the hands of the more talented Coogs.

Your probably right but I'am not going to concede this game just yet. Ive seen to many close games between the two where Dayton was overmatched. We have yet to play a complete game and I think the 4th quarter when Dayton completely dominated BH gave our boys some MO-JO to bring to the Crosby game.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

Your probably right but I'am not going to concede this game just yet. Ive seen to many close games between the two where Dayton was overmatched. We have yet to play a complete game and I think the 4th quarter when Dayton completely dominated BH gave our boys some MO-JO to bring to the Crosby game.

There might be a reason as to why they have yet played a complete game. Look ahead to LEE

3 hours ago, jayhawk said:

If the Cougars drop the ball and lose one in district it won't be to the Ponies. Even with starters possibly being out due to injuries the Cougars still have more than enough reserves to beat Dayton. I'll take #CodeRed by 14+ in this one. 

14 hours ago, coach bear said:

This could be another scary game. What if Crosby has a “bad game”? They haven’t had one yet, and human nature could get them to relax after another game of the ages and homecoming, 2 big distractions. Dayton nothing to lose but EVERYTHING to prove. I have been in H S hallways for 33 years, y’all forgot how ruthless girls and non football boys are to the team who is sucking. Believe me, broncos are ready to explode , manhood is questioned every day in halls and who better to turn it around against than hwy 90 rivals Crosby (Americas team). Actually a loss at this time may be better for Crosby final goal rather than a win, think about it. Also, Dayton coming closer than anyone, me too, thought against da hill is a little bronco sugar cube. Some good games this Friday, Beaumont cup could be classic, png and vidor.

Crosby is playing some gud football.and I absolutely luv there coach.i can't see this been much of a game.i have watched them twice now.and 2 things alarm me for up the road state title run is.one them slow starts; and 2 is there tackles do a lot of holding.and I hope neither will the reason they don't win state this year.that coach over there makes adjustments as well as any coach any where.

Crosby has yet to play in the 1st quarter yet minus the New Caney game and they only scored 7 in that game. Down 21-0 to Manvel. Down 17-7 at the half to WOS. Trailing what 20-0 against Vidor?  Call me Crazy, its homecoming and Crosby has a slow start but 5 minutes into the quarter they wake up and win this one 49-7.

53 minutes ago, GCMNation5 said:

Crosby has yet to play in the 1st quarter yet minus the New Caney game and they only scored 7 in that game. Down 21-0 to Manvel. Down 17-7 at the half to WOS. Trailing what 20-0 against Vidor?  Call me Crazy, its homecoming and Crosby has a slow start but 5 minutes into the quarter they wake up and win this one 49-7.

Dang ! if they beat us 49/7 just think how much they would beat you -

4 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Gee I don't think so - just ask you a simple question you were afraid to reply too?  I noticed you like ridding Crosbys jock strap ? Don't like your own team - wheres the love man !

I put up for my team in here just as much as Crosby. I have kids I have coached on that team so of coarse Im gonna ride for them. Sorry if that upset you. Wait not sorry.  Crosby 56-0 now.. lol.