3. Galena Park North Shore (3)    4-0    188    3

4. Cypress Fairbanks    4-0    159    4

5. Converse Judson    4-0    142    5

6. Longview    5-0    132    6

7. Duncanville    4-0   110    7

8. Southlake Carroll    4-0    63    8

9. Katy    4-1    48    9

10. Austin Westlake    4-1    24    10

Others receiving votes: Euless Trinity 18. Cedar Hill 7. Cypress Ranch 6. Klein Collins 5. South Grand Prairie 3. Temple 3. Austin Vandegrift 2. Humble Atascocita 1.

More:

This is the hidden content, please

Class 5A

School (first-place votes)    Record    Total Points    Previous Ranking

1. Aledo (22)    4-0    247    1

2. Dallas Highland Park (3)    5-0    217    2

3. Denton Ryan    4-0    197    3

4. Lufkin    3-1    159    4

5. Fort Bend Marshall    5-0    146    5

6. College Station    4-0    118    6

7. Frisco Lone Star    3-1    104   7

8. Crosby    4-0    70    10

9. Hutto  4-0    58    NR

10. Lubbock Cooper    5-0    17    NR

Others receiving votes: A&M Consolidated 15. Frisco Reedy 7. Alvin Shadow Creek 6. Angleton 5. SA Wagner 3. Manvel 3. Huntsville 2. Lubbock Coronado 1.

Class 4A

1. Carthage (21)    4-0    246    1

2. Argyle (4)    4-0    229    2

3. Liberty Hill    3-1    183    4

4. Texarkana Pleasant Grove    4-1    129    6

5. Waco La Vega   3-2    127    7

6. Cuero    4-1    90    8

7. Midlothian Heritage    4-1    72    3

8. Lorena     5-0    71   NR

9. Stephenville    3-2    64    9

10. Sweeny     5-0    37    NR

Others receiving votes: Giddings 28. WF Hirschi 28. Sealy 19. Van 9. Paris 8. Hereford 7. Fischer Canyon Lake 7. West Orange-Stark 6. Glen Rose 5. Jasper 4. Geronimo Navarro 3. Canyon 2. Lubbock Estacado 1.

Class 3A

1. Newton (25)    4-0    250    1

2. Gunter     5-0    211    4

3. Childress    4-0    162    5

4. New London West Rusk     5-0    130   7

5. Rockdale   3-1    119    6

6. Goliad    4-1   102    2

7. Gladewater     5-0    93    9

8. Brock    4-1    91    8

9. Canadian    4-1    78    3

10. Lexington    3-1    38    10

Others receiving votes: Yoakum 23. Franklin 21. Cisco 15. Holliday 10. Shallowater 9. Waskom 7. Jefferson 5. Cameron Yoe 4. Buffalo 3. Woodville 2. Abernathy 1. Whitesboro 1.

More:

This is the hidden content, please

Class 2A

1. Mason (12)    5-0    235    1

2. Shiner (7)    5-0    223    2

3. Wellington (3)    5-0    196    3

4. Muenster (2)    5-0    173    4

5. Mart     4-1    152    6

6. New Deal (1)    4-0    113    7

7. Falls City   5-0   82    8

8. Price Carlisle  5-0    69    9

9. Stamford    5-0    60    10

10. Refugio    3-2    47    5

Others receiving votes: Thorndale 10. Seymour 6. Sundown 5. Iraan 2. Lovelady 1. Gladewater Union Grove 1.

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lone Star and Lufkin took  losses and are still ranked in the top 10 and PA Memorial is undefeated and are unranked and got ZERO votes...  This is some funny stuff....

I was voting for AP this year but I've got to say, don't take these rankings too seriously. Most of the voters have not/will not ever see the Golden Triangle teams and defer to the metro area teams. Woodville and Jasper getting votes I can almost guarantee were the Enterprise's doing. I personally shied away from PAM after the BU game but would consider them for the top 10 now (BU's a lot better now than they were a few weeks ago)

Lufkin lost to the No. 6 team in 6A on the road, in a very competitive game. So there's no shame in that loss. I wouldn't count Huntsville or the College Station teams as metro area, just that the Huntsville Item and the Bryan Eagle have good reasons to vote for them and they have had very good years. Not to mention College Station is the defending champs.

And with two divisions you have to believe that your too 10 would include the teams from those division with the best shot of making it to Arlington.

PA has a new coach and has a lot of travel so the other voters may discount them until they prove something in district, which I believe they will.  

The Enterprise and the News gotta vote for PA until they get in the heart of district and other can see what memorial is all about.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:41 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lone Star and Lufkin took  losses and are still ranked in the top 10 and PA Memorial is undefeated and are unranked and got ZERO votes...  This is some funny stuff....

Can’t speak for LS, but we lost to a ranked 6A rival on the road by 7 with several key starters out in that game. 

58 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Can’t speak for LS, but we lost to a ranked 6A rival on the road by 7 with several key starters out in that game. 

Not taking anything away from Lufkin, but you did take a loss.  You should still be ranked.  But its a slap in the face for Memorial imo.  Those guys didn't even receive votes which is ludicrous!

dude this is year in and year out. PAM have played second fiddle to PNG for the past 2 years in the rankings. personally from a fans point of view, i don't want us ranked now. i mean, i practice what i preach. playing in a cup cake district/schedule doesn't EARN a ranking to me (see png). also kids are kids. i believe in confidence, but soon as these kids read their own press clippings and heads swell, and adults not keeping them grounded. teams in this district will make games much closer than needed once this happens.

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

dude this is year in and year out. PAM have played second fiddle to PNG for the past 2 years in the rankings. personally from a fans point of view, i don't want us ranked now. i mean, i practice what i preach. playing in a cup cake district/schedule doesn't EARN a ranking to me (see png). also kids are kids. i believe in confidence, but soon as these kids read their own press clippings and heads swell, and adults not keeping them grounded. teams in this district will make games much closer than needed once this happens.

You're right Pak.  The kids can care less about the rankings until parents, or fans bring it up.  Let the season play out.  Rankings are really only for us fans anyway.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:46 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lone Star beat 1-3 Little Elm team by THREE. Smh...  I think the AP was just throwing darts on a wall to pick rankings this week.  

On 10/2/2018 at 7:18 PM, DannyShapiroBE said:

I was voting for AP this year but I've got to say, don't take these rankings too seriously. Most of the voters have not/will not ever see the Golden Triangle teams and defer to the metro area teams. Woodville and Jasper getting votes I can almost guarantee were the Enterprise's doing. I personally shied away from PAM after the BU game but would consider them for the top 10 now (BU's a lot better now than they were a few weeks ago)

The beauty of most sports is that the games are decided on the field/court.   Polls can be fun but are fallible and often egregious mistakes are made, even at the highest levels.  When sports writers are voting in polls where 90%+ of the teams they haven’t laid eyes in on (like Texas HS sports), credibility should be given accordingly.  

Or to state it as it was once succinctly (and maybe perversely) stated to me, “polls are for strippers.”

11 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Not taking anything away from Lufkin, but you did take a loss.  You should still be ranked.  But its a slap in the face for Memorial imo.  Those guys didn't even receive votes which is ludicrous!

So, every undefeated team should be ranked ahead of a one loss team, regardless if that team may be better or not? Not saying PAM shouldn’t be ranked, but sounds like you’re argument. 

5 hours ago, Pack007 said:

So, every undefeated team should be ranked ahead of a one loss team, regardless if that team may be better or not? Not saying PAM shouldn’t be ranked, but sounds like you’re argument. 

No, but Memorial has very good athletes and probably won't lose a game this year...  And those guys are not only ranked, but didn't even get a vote.  

On 10/2/2018 at 0:47 PM, BearEssentials97 said:

Lufkin lost to the No. 6 team in 6A on the road, in a very competitive game. So there's no shame in that loss. I wouldn't count Huntsville or the College Station teams as metro area, just that the Huntsville Item and the Bryan Eagle have good reasons to vote for them and they have had very good years. Not to mention College Station is the defending champs.

And with two divisions you have to believe that your too 10 would include the teams from those division with the best shot of making it to Arlington.

PA has a new coach and has a lot of travel so the other voters may discount them until they prove something in district, which I believe they will.  

The Enterprise and the News gotta vote for PA until they get in the heart of district and other can see what memorial is all about.

Ah man, I just meant to push the "like button. "

15 hours ago, pakronos said:

The fact that PNG gets ranked when other area teams don’t is because of their history.  Many years ago, they were a state powerhouse.  Many still remember that.  That’s all the voters know.  Any other team in this area could be the best in Texas, but wouldn’t get in those rankings (unless they beat a ranked team) prior to week 5.  Teams like Allen, Katy, Lake Travis, would be ranked early if they fielded their JV.  As Hoops said so succinctly, polls are for strippers.