ALDS-Indians vs Astros

15 minutes ago, baddog said:

I'm afraid I'm guilty of looking past the Indians. Astros can hit any pitching anytime. We have some pretty good ones ourselves. I'll take Verlander, Cole, and Morton over any pitching in the league.

Springer .265

Marwin Gonzales .247

Josh Reddick .242

Carlos Correa .239

Martin Maldonado .231

Evan Gattis .226

Brian McCann .212

Jake Marisnick .211

J.D Davis .175

Tyler White .276

Tony Kemp .263

Jesus, in what world does Houston hit any pitching at any time? I get being a fan, by my Lord. This isn't last year. 2 players can/are hitting. 

I'm not Jesus but I'll try to answer. Ted Williams said baseball is the only sport where you are considered great if you are good 3 out of 10 times. I'm not going to worry about the 2 1/2s. I also notice you left off Altuve and Bregman. Astros also draw walks and steal to get runners in scoring position. With our pitching, it doesn't take high averages to win games. Ask the Indians if those averages have anything to do with respecting that Astros hitters. Hopefully they have your point of view.

Yes, I'm a homer, but I have seen where we knock the starter out in the 1st inning or keep it close and blast the heck out of their bullpen.

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

I'm not Jesus but I'll try to answer. Ted Williams said baseball is the only sport where you are considered great if you are good 3 out of 10 times. I'm not going to worry about the 2 1/2s. I also notice you left off Altuve and Bregman. Astros also draw walks and steal to get runners in scoring position. With our pitching, it doesn't take high averages to win games. Ask the Indians if those averages have anything to do with respecting that Astros hitters. Hopefully they have your point of view.

Yes, I'm a homer, but I have seen where we knock the starter out in the 1st inning or keep it close and blast the heck out of their bullpen.

Nope, clearly said, two players are hitting. Should be a fun series. 

34 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

For the record, Boston 3 starting pitchers are 45-18 compared to Houston's "big three" at 46-17. Pretty identical. 

Yes, but we win the strikeout battle. There are stats out the wahoo for baseball. It is probably the worst sport for having a stat for EVERYTHING. It comes down to how the stats work together. Some can be misleading.

Sticking with my Astros. They find ways to win.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Boston was brought into this conversation, not by me. I'll post where I please. I don't see you policing the threads that topics vere, why this one? You're a homer, and an idiot at that.

How am I an idiot, when I’ve proven almost everything you’ve posted in this thread wrong?  You may want to look in the mirror. 

I’ve never said Houston will beat the Red Sox, because both teams have to take care of business first.  I’ll worry about Boston if both teams make it that far.  

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

How am I an idiot, when I’ve proven almost everything you’ve posted in this thread wrong?  You may want to look in the mirror. 

I’ve never said Houston will beat the Red Sox, because both teams have to take care of business first.  I’ll worry about Boston if both teams make it that far.  

I shouldn't have called you an idiot, was having a rough morning. My apologies

Astros could bat a game and keep their average averages, but Springer could hit one blast after going o-fer, scoring 3 runs and win the game. What it takes to win games is not always .300 batting. I still say the Stros can hit any of the pitching. Ask Kershaw. As soon as we figured him out, it was curtains.

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

Astros could bat a game and keep their average averages, but Springer could hit one blast after going o-fer, scoring 3 runs and win the game. What it takes to win games is not always .300 batting. I still say the Stros can hit any of the pitching. Ask Kershaw. As soon as we figured him out, it was curtains.

I have you figured out, see ,"Cowboy Fan" thread, don't be mad at me though haha

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

If the Astros get their bats going, watch out!

Altuve hit that HR while I was typing in the Springer shot. I've already gone out on a limb and said the Stros can hit any pitching. Then I hear that cleveland's pitching is scary, and here we are. We haven't even seen our biatch yet. Lol

1 hour ago, baddog said:

.....and there goes the starter right there after Marwin's single to right....with that weak .247.

I guess these are meant for me? Doesn't get to me, they are who they are. Getting a hit in 1 Game does change who you are. A team that hasn't hit the ball great all season put 1 good game together. I didn't say Marwin is a weak .247, Marwins hitting said that he is a weak .247, just got a hit. Pros do that every now and then, even the bad ones.