Cowboys @ Houston***SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL***

Cowboys Week 5  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Houston Texans

I'll take my Cowboys. I ain't putting them in the superbowl just yet, but they looked much better today. Everything revolves around Zeke. He takes the pressure off of Dak and it showed. The ability to drive for the game winning FG shows some character. Stafford has sure done that to us before, so it's good to return the favor.

Texans won today because Indy is stupid. Sorry, that's just the way I see it. If the Cowboys can have a repeat performance of today, they should win.

15 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Just more proof to why the COWBOYS are "America's Team".  Haven't won a Super Bowl since 1995 and still pull in more viewers than any other franchise.  Still worth more money than any other franchise.  

I think I read $5 billion. JJ bought the franchise for a mere $950 million.

20 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

Just more proof to why the COWBOYS are "America's Team".  Haven't won a Super Bowl since 1995 and still pull in more viewers than any other franchise.  Still worth more money than any other franchise.  

For now. I did read a study about his the other day. The average Cowboy fan is getting older in age, I want to say like over 35 years and older. It was showing how with every year that passes, that age gets older. The fan base isn't gaining popularity with fans under 35, they are losing. The younger generation don't get behind losers. Dallas has been a loser for 20 some odd years. Essentially they are Americas Team now, but that won't be the case if they go another decade without becoming relevant again. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

For now. I did read a study about his the other day. The average Cowboy fan is getting older in age, I want to say like over 35 years and older. It was showing how with every year that passes, that age gets older. The fan base isn't gaining popularity with fans under 35, they are losing. The younger generation don't get behind losers. Dallas has been a loser for 20 some odd years. Essentially they are Americas Team now, but that won't be the case if they go another decade without becoming relevant again. 

I saw the same thing or something very similar.  I agree that the young generation doesn't follow losers.  Most of the young generation are band wagon jumpers.  The good news is that most of the true COWBOYS fans have children. 

You see, being a COWBOYS fan is a way of life.  It can be passed down to other generations.  It was passed down to me and I have passed it down to my son.  When the COWBOYS play, it's COWBOYS Day in our house.  We eat our COWBOYS breakfast, we wear our pregame COWBOYS gear(followed up with game time jerseys) and we have COWBOYS watch parties.  The house and yard will be decorated for COWBOYS Day.  Food will be served in COWBOYS dishes and on COWBOYS plates.  We buy/make COWBOYS cookies with players numbers on them.  We cheer very loud when they win and pout very hard when they lose. (It's more common now than is used to be)  Again, It's a way of life. A very fun and frustrating way of life.  Some call it a sickness.  Heck, President Trump even used it as his campaign speech.  MAGA includes the COWBOYS winning another Super Bowl.  Thanks to the many COWBOYS fans out there, regardless of which bandwagon the young generation jumps on, there will always be fans of "AMERICA'S TEAM"

26 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

I saw the same thing or something very similar.  I agree that the young generation doesn't follow losers.  Most of the young generation are band wagon jumpers.  The good news is that most of the true COWBOYS fans have children. 

You see, being a COWBOYS fan is a way of life.  It can be passed down to other generations.  It was passed down to me and I have passed it down to my son.  When the COWBOYS play, it's COWBOYS Day in our house.  We eat our COWBOYS breakfast, we wear our pregame COWBOYS gear(followed up with game time jerseys) and we have COWBOYS watch parties.  The house and yard will be decorated for COWBOYS Day.  Food will be served in COWBOYS dishes and on COWBOYS plates.  We buy/make COWBOYS cookies with players numbers on them.  We cheer very loud when they win and pout very hard when they lose. (It's more common now than is used to be)  Again, It's a way of life. A very fun and frustrating way of life.  Some call it a sickness.  Heck, President Trump even used it as his campaign speech.  MAGA includes the COWBOYS winning another Super Bowl.  Thanks to the many COWBOYS fans out there, regardless of which bandwagon the young generation jumps on, there will always be fans of "AMERICA'S TEAM"

I can relate. My mom and dad are Cowboys fan, every week watching the games wearing the jerseys. However, just because they were don't automatically mean I am. 

I can relate. My mom and dad are Cowboys fan, every week watching the games wearing the jerseys. However, just because they were don't automatically mean I am. 

That's one of my many fears of being a parent.  I don't know what I would do if my son came home with an eagles, giants or redskins shirt/jersey.  Hopefully my many threats of him being locked out of the house will sink into his brain before he does something like that.

7 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

That's one of my many fears of being a parent.  I don't know what I would do if my son came home with an eagles, giants or redskins shirt/jersey.  Hopefully my many threats of him being locked out of the house will sink into his brain before he does something like that.

Careful, the more you tell them what they can't do something, the more likely that are to do it.

Careful, the more you tell them what they can't do something, the more likely that are to do it.

So true. 

Been a Cowboys fan since Don Meredith and Bob “The Bullet” Hayes, Mister Cowboy, Bob Lilly, and the legendary coach Tom Landry. Heck, they played their pro games in the Cotton Bowl. I was about 13-14 years old and I got hooked. Staubach came along and if he wasn't someone you want to watch every week, then I just don't know what to tell you.

We all liked Herschel Walker, especially my oldest son. He still liked him after the big trade but never got to see him play much for Minnesota. When he went to the Eagles, we got to see him at least twice a year. However, my son came into the room wearing an Eagles T-shirt and I told him that as much as I liked Herschel, he was going to have to take that shirt off. 

Man, I have been through the good times and the bad. Three straight years of 5-11 Dave Campo made me throw up......so yeah, I'm a diehard. Can't switch teams. Been here too long. Liked the Oilers and Earl Campbell but they were always second to my Cowboys. If this sounds delusional, then so be it. I am a true fan.

Great weekend shaping up.  Didn't know where to put this, so figured this was the best spot.  Started early today with a UT win, followed by an Astros win.  Now, if the Texans can cap it tomorrow night, it would have been a great sports weekend.  Also, non sports related, being able to Justice Kavanaugh adds a little icing to the weekend.