Could anyone in Southeast Texas beat Newton?

EBrill12

On 10/3/2018 at 8:28 PM, PrettyBoi10 said:

Ain’t nobody beating Newton they too good this year Barlow and Brown are head and shoulders better than everyone in the area and Slyvester is a 5 Star DE Kid is a physical speciement and we gotta stop throwing out Memorial and Westbrook as if they are just so great they have never won a thing and always early exit in playoffs let Newton have there light  

Nice try, except those teams that WB and PAM have lost to in the playoffs over the years would've made Newton look like a middle school team. 

10 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

For speculation sake... how much better is PAM than Crosby? Because WOS hung with Crosby and Newton beat WOS. I mean what’s “ No where close” in y’all’s opinion?

They hung with Crosby and it went down hill for them in the 2nd half. Which makes sense, because they are working with probably 1/3 of the numbers. Which is an argument as to why Newton wouldn't beat PAM. Eventually the numbers and fresh athletes would wear on the smaller schools.

That would not be the case in a PAM vs Crosby match up

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

They hung with Crosby and it went down hill for them in the 2nd half. Which makes sense, because they are working with probably 1/3 of the numbers. Which is an argument as to why Newton wouldn't beat PAM. Eventually the numbers and fresh athletes would wear on the smaller schools.

More speculation

11 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I don't see any of these posts coming from Newton fans. My daddy can whip your daddy, my brother can whip your brother.............We ,Newton people, know we can be beat.

Thats my point really,  in a sarcastic way.  I think it's stupid to say I can beat you if we never play. And in reality we shouldn't,  Newton or WOS, probably shouldn't be playing 6A teams. No matter how good of a team you think you have.  Hypothetically even if you could win. To much risk, in my opinion to your athletes. But to even be mentioned in the same sentence as PAM, or any other big school is a victory in itself.  I didn't really want to see Newton playing, WOs, Gilmer or Silsbee.   Ut at least these schools wasn't that much bigger than Newton. If those schools do well in the playoffs it will show how good a team Newton really has. But I believe they have to play those teams next year as well. Newton will be fielding a lot of young players.  If a 3A team stays within 21 ppoints of that will be  a  success 

As far as playing larger schools in preseason, the local teams that are the same size as your team are in your district and you cannot play them in preseason. That leaves you with teams that are larger or smaller then your team. Now, which way do you go, up or down. You gain nothing by playing a smaller school unless they have a very good program. So, you play larger schools (if they will play you). 

You don't want to play teams that are far away because your JV and Jr. High teams play Thursday night and they have school the next day.

18 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

On 10/3/2018 at 8:28 PM, PrettyBoi10 said:

Ain’t nobody beating Newton they too good this year Barlow and Brown are head and shoulders better than everyone in the area and Slyvester is a 5 Star DE Kid is a physical speciement and we gotta stop throwing out Memorial and Westbrook as if they are just so great they have never won a thing and always early exit in playoffs let Newton have there light  

You don't seem to get it. WOS this year, is probably the weakest most inexperienced team they have had in the past 5 years. Hanging with Crosby for 3 quarters was good! Now if you take the "past" 3 teams WOS has had and matched them with Crosby, PAM etc... this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. The numbers didn't catch up to WOS...the inexperience did. The only team I think that would handle Newton is SETX this year...only this year is WB.

and on a side note...how old are you people? Does anyone on here remember WOS going toe to toe with WB over the years and winning their fair share? Or did everyone forget that? So if the numbers didn't matter then, why do they matter now? People get so caught up with how many jerseys are standing on the sideline. No coach goes three deep in a game at any one position...No coach! And in a tight game you may go 2 deep every now and then but very selectively. Just because you have 60 suited out doesn't mean all 60 play...geez.

14 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I don't see any of these posts coming from Newton fans. My daddy can whip your daddy, my brother can whip your brother.............We ,Newton people, know we can be beat.

this is just fun and games...but by your rationale they should just stop espn because that whole show is speculation on what people think will happen. Come on lighten up

...and saying there's no point in playing a school bigger or smaller than you is crazy. So Carthage, WOS, Gilmer, Sweetwater, Argyle all need to play schools their size? In most years these schools would go 4 deep in the playoffs in 5A....especially Carthage. Getting your athletes hurt?? Deionte Thompson can play for Alabama but he might get hurt playing WB or PAM...get out of here with that. That is what WOS does and that is why that program is what it is...NO BACK DOWN!

Newton has 7 players going to major D1 shcools but they can't be on the field with Crosby or PAM

I'll tell you one thing...get your shots in on WOS this year because they are ponies, but next year they will be full grown Stangs!

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'd like to point out that you could add the entire student body of Newton High School to Bridge City High School and we'd still compete in (and rule) District 11-4A D1.

Our standardized testing results would suffer, though. 

That's not nice.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'd like to point out that you could add the entire student body of Newton High School to Bridge City High School and we'd still compete in (and rule) District 11-4A D1.

Our standardized testing results would suffer, though. 

Hahaha! Yes, the standardized testing results would definitely suffer. But, the football and basketball team would be better. For baseball, all 9 starters would still be from BC. lol