Could anyone in Southeast Texas beat Newton?

EBrill12

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s not the D1s that are the weak link. There’s a reason that “D1s” at bigger schools don’t play both ways. They have OPTIONS, which is something that Newton doesn’t have.  

I don’t care who your offer is from, if you have to line up as a receiver against a good CB and then turn around and try to cover a fresh D1 receiver series after series, both of those guys are gonna make you look silly in the second half. 

Same goes for the lines. Playing both ways works fine against smaller schools. It even works well enough against mediocre big schools. 

When you run into a team that has a few decent players like Newton has, AND an abundance of kids that match up well with Newton beyond the skill positions, Newton would lose every time. It’s just the way things work in the real world. 

tired agrument...WOS been doing it for years

It’s not the D1s that are the weak link. There’s a reason that “D1s” at bigger schools don’t play both ways. They have OPTIONS, which is something that Newton doesn’t have.  

I don’t care who your offer is from, if you have to line up as a receiver against a good CB and then turn around and try to cover a fresh D1 receiver series after series, both of those guys are gonna make you look silly in the second half. 

Same goes for the lines. Playing both ways works fine against smaller schools. It even works well enough against mediocre big schools. 

When you run into a team that has a few decent players like Newton has, AND an abundance of kids that match up well with Newton beyond the skill positions, Newton would lose every time. It’s just the way things work in the real world. 

Not necessarily...WOS been doing it for years.Unless you're use to playing that way, you wouldn't and don't understand. I went through the program at WOS and the number of people suited out on the other side NEVER phased us. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

tired agrument...WOS been doing it for years

Not necessarily...WOS been doing it for years.Unless you're use to playing that way, you wouldn't and don't understand. I went through the program at WOS and the number of people suited out on the other side NEVER phased us. 

So why doesn’t ET3 take all of the snaps on O and D? Heck, special teams, too. I mean, he used to run the Mustang Mile. 

39 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

Everyone from Newton should be pumped-up over this team , reason being said they don’t come that often, just having them in the same sentence with west brook , Nederland, png, vidor, memorial , United, hell that’s a win if you ask me 

I agree. I don't see anybody playing them within 10 points the rest of their season. That is just me. That unbelievably good for their classification.

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

So why doesn’t ET3 take all of the snaps on O and D? Heck, special teams, too. I mean, he used to run the Mustang Mile. 

I can't speak to that. I am just telling you what I and others experienced playing for WOS. Westbrook, Central, Aldine MacArthur (#2 in the nation at the time) have all had 30+ players more than us. What people don't understand, is that MOST good coaches aren't just throwing bodies out on the field unless you can play. Hardly ANYONE goes 2-3 deep at a position in a game especially a tight game...this is not LCM or Bridge City where everyone plays because they got a helmet LOL.

9 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I agree. I don't see anybody playing them within 10 points the rest of their season. That is just me. That unbelievably good for their classification.

No one played them within 10 points in the regular season. I don't see anybody playing them within 24 points the rest of the season. 

On 9/29/2018 at 6:43 PM, 3rdone said:

Memorial isn't exactly a lights out defense... regardless of athletes.

you smoking serious dope...get help soon. sorry, numbers become problematic for small schools...Newton is conditioned to run up against teams that are also playing players both ways. fresh set of legs when PAM back ups are legit starters on other teams Newton would not have a chance...oh by the way here is a FACT. a port arthur team did BEAT a good Newton. it was Davis Suggs FIRST game coaching a Port Arthur Lincoln team with a brand new veer offense installed a month prior to playing them. 14-0 i think was the score or 14-6...IN NEWTON.

2 hours ago, 3rdandlong said:

Never said Newton would beat west brook, I asked when was the last time they won state , take it how you want but the question got answered, as far as yoda or yoshi or whoever his name is saying Newton has  a weak schedule playing silsbee.wos  and gilmer... his school is 6A and  he’s on here bashing a 3A school, now that’s ridiculous and petty

I know Yeoj personally and we've talked about this before.  He's talking about district play and playoff path to state.  Believe it or not, he's right.  The path to state for Newton is a lot easier than the path to state for West Brook.  I think that's what he means in weak schedule...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I know Yeoj personally and we've talked about this before.  He's talking about district play and playoff path to state.  Believe it or not, he's right.  The path to state for Newton is a lot easier than the path to state for West Brook.  I think that's what he means in weak schedule...

It’s all good , Maybe I need to follow west brook a little more and give them some support

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It’s all good , Maybe I need to follow west brook a little more and give them some support

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

They're good.  I've been following them.  I will root against them this week, but after that, I'll be back rooting for them...

My wife and I were just talking about going to the game this week, she’s from beaumont and told me all about the beaumont bowl, battle of the bands and such, so think we’re gonna go

I say Crosby, PAM, vidor, wb, and maybe Ned and png. North shore of course, beat cowboys and Texans combined pro team. Just such a difference in categories.  The thing about Crosby is the confidence factor, like Halloween Jason, can’t kill em. They keep getting better week after week  21 was a new rb this week that won the game for them along with 2nd team q b.  Lines is where they are improving and hard to gauge without old school cowboy in left hand and spiral. The factor that is big, only one more grass field, big cause Crosby offense AND a freshman kicker that is goofy but on turf can kick it over the posts from 55 out. Watch him in warm ups, that is an X factor.

17 hours ago, pakronos said:

you smoking serious dope...get help soon. sorry, numbers become problematic for small schools...Newton is conditioned to run up against teams that are also playing players both ways. fresh set of legs when PAM back ups are legit starters on other teams Newton would not have a chance...oh by the way here is a FACT. a port arthur team did BEAT a good Newton. it was Davis Suggs FIRST game coaching a Port Arthur Lincoln team with a brand new veer offense installed a month prior to playing them. 14-0 i think was the score or 14-6...IN NEWTON.

14-13

I've watched A LOT of football this year and here is what I have to say about this...if Newton played PNG, Ned, Vidor it would be close well fought games they could definitely win. Newton would get pimp slapped in the face against PAM or WB no questions asked. Carthage could come down here and beat any school they wanted to by 2 TDs other than PAM and WB so that is out of the picture, don't think anyone expected the Dawgs to be as good this year....but they are. With United that is the hardest one because it really just depends on how United decides to play it could be blowout in United's favor Newton could show up and dominate it's a toss up but I'd push more towards United in a closer game. I have no idea where Wood-ville got thrown into the picture but Newton would take them to the WOOD-SHED i'm thinking a 63-0 type ball game there, as to anyone else in 3A any division. 

Yes, Newton has the athletes, but it all starts upfront Newton can hang with the majority of the schools in SETX upfront, but they can't hang with the bigger PAM and WB schools upfront. 

Carthage was up 52-7 at the half against Gilmer. IJS. They would beat Newton by 21. Might be close for a half, but Carthage O and D Lines would wear them slap out in the 2nd half. Newton might have better skill kids, but they don’t have the beef to hold up. 

It’s fun to have an all time great team. And I think Newton has that this year. Carthage fans thought they could beat anybody in 2017, WOS in 2016. But we all have to remember to keep some perspective. Rooting for Newton this year. Very impressed with the wins over WOS and Gilmer. Go win a title!

Ain’t nobody beating Newton they too good this year Barlow and Brown are head and shoulders better than everyone in the area and Slyvester is a 5 Star DE Kid is a physical speciement and we gotta stop throwing out Memorial and Westbrook as if they are just so great they have never won a thing and always early exit in playoffs let Newton have there light  

On 10/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, alphadog said:

I saw Newton play in Arlington last year and saw everything they had returning this year. I knew then that this year they would beat anyone in this area and I still believe that to be true today.

Not a snowball chance in Phoenix them beating Westbrook or PAM. As a matter of fact they wouldn’t get within 4 TD of either. That being said they will destroy everyone they actually do play from here on out

On 10/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Make no mistake the path is easier for Newton; 6A is a helluva lot more serious than 3A

On 10/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, Tigers2010 said:

This is one of the pettiest arguments of all time. Not just for this topic, it is everywhere. The fact that WB doesn't win State at the 6A level is irrelevant to the already ridiculous topic that were posting about. WB would monkey stomp Newton. That is taking nothing away from Newton's kids. If you don't believe that, get out and catch a WB game.

I have seen a WB game and they are gooooooooood!!