Could anyone in Southeast Texas beat Newton?

EBrill12

PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Beaumont United would NOT beat this years Newton team. I believe that West Brook is this only team in SETX that would beat Newton, with PAM in a true battle to beat Newton. People say this because Newton is smaller, but WOS hands out L's to PNG, Nederland and Vidor normally. Well, the truth is, Newton is loaded with top talent this year and the depth behind all of the division 1 players are there. They have (5) big time division one kids, with (2) more about to receive big offers. No other team around has that type of talent on their team at this moment. PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Beaumont United wouldn't come out on top this season, but they probably would in other years. I'll always hold WB ahead of Newton though. 

If you take Newton's two deep depth chart and see how many different players are on it, then restrict all the other schools to just that many players, I believe Newton wins against anyone in the area, maybe the state.

Example : 44 positions on the 2 deep = (I'm guessing) no more than 28-30 kids for Newton.  So restrict the other teams to that number and Newton wins.  

13 minutes ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

If you take Newton's two deep depth chart and see how many different players are on it, then restrict all the other schools to just that many players, I believe Newton wins against anyone in the area, maybe the state.

Example : 44 positions on the 2 deep = (I'm guessing) no more than 28-30 kids for Newton.  So restrict the other teams to that number and Newton wins.  

Good point.   We dressing out 40

43 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Beaumont United would NOT beat this years Newton team. I believe that West Brook is this only team in SETX that would beat Newton, with PAM in a true battle to beat Newton. People say this because Newton is smaller, but WOS hands out L's to PNG, Nederland and Vidor normally. Well, the truth is, Newton is loaded with top talent this year and the depth behind all of the division 1 players are there. They have (5) big time division one kids, with (2) more about to receive big offers. No other team around has that type of talent on their team at this moment. PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Beaumont United wouldn't come out on top this season, but they probably would in other years. I'll always hold WB ahead of Newton though. 

It’s not the D1s that are the weak link. There’s a reason that “D1s” at bigger schools don’t play both ways. They have OPTIONS, which is something that Newton doesn’t have.  

I don’t care who your offer is from, if you have to line up as a receiver against a good CB and then turn around and try to cover a fresh D1 receiver series after series, both of those guys are gonna make you look silly in the second half. 

Same goes for the lines. Playing both ways works fine against smaller schools. It even works well enough against mediocre big schools. 

When you run into a team that has a few decent players like Newton has, AND an abundance of kids that match up well with Newton beyond the skill positions, Newton would lose every time. It’s just the way things work in the real world. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s not the D1s that are the weak link. There’s a reason that “D1s” at bigger schools don’t play both ways. They have OPTIONS, which is something that Newton doesn’t have.  

I don’t care who your offer is from, if you have to line up as a receiver against a good CB and then turn around and try to cover a fresh D1 receiver series after series, both of those guys are gonna make you look silly in the second half. 

Same goes for the lines. Playing both ways works fine against smaller schools. It even works well enough against mediocre big schools. 

When you run into a team that has a few decent players like Newton has, AND an abundance of kids that match up well with Newton beyond the skill positions, Newton would lose every time. It’s just the way things work in the real world. 

I totally understand where you're coming from and I would agree with you in most cases. Though, Newton has a total of (0) lineman that start both ways and a total of (2) skill guys that start both ways. So...... From 2016 and back, Newton has had several of guys start both ways. In 2018, Newton has 2 guys that start both ways. They have plenty of options this season with extremely talented kids. Next season, we will see several kids start both ways i'm sure. 

My first look at this thread.  Notice all the derogatory remarks about it.  I also noticed this is Page 4.  Personally, I find it interesting.  Ordinarily, Newton couldn’t compete with the 5A’s in the area, but this Newton team is anything but.  Imo, the games with PNG, Ned, and Vidor would be close, exciting matchups.  

Backing the Eagles to a State Championship.

10 minutes ago, Fast Turtle said:

I totally understand where you're coming from and I would agree with you in most cases. Though, Newton has a total of (0) lineman that start both ways and a total of (2) skill guys that start both ways. So...... From 2016 and back, Newton has had several of guys start both ways. In 2018, Newton has 2 guys that start both ways. They have plenty of options this season with extremely talented kids. Next season, we will see several kids start both ways i'm sure. 

That’s not bad. 

The problem comes when those bigger schools send in fresh subs and your guys can’t catch a breather. It makes a difference. 

The other problem is this. Guys who stand out as linemen in 3a would be kinda ho-hum in the larger classifications. 

I’m not talking about crappy, sorry 5A programs. I’m talking decent, playoff quality programs. 

I fully expected Newton to pick up an “L” or two through this stretch of non-district. They have not. Nobody is going to argue that WOS or Gilmer are having good years even if you don’t factor in the Newton games, though. 

You guys should roll through the 3A playoffs. Enjoy it and stay in your lane. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

That’s not bad. 

The problem comes when those bigger schools send in fresh subs and your guys can’t catch a breather. It makes a difference. 

The other problem is this. Guys who stand out as linemen in 3a would be kinda ho-hum in the larger classifications. 

I’m not talking about crappy, sorry 5A programs. I’m talking decent, playoff quality programs. 

I fully expected Newton to pick up an “L” or two through this stretch of non-district. They have not. Nobody is going to argue that WOS or Gilmer are having good years even if you don’t factor in the Newton games, though. 

You guys should roll through the 3A playoffs. Enjoy it and stay in your lane. 

I agree with you. I just don't consider Vidor, Nederland, PNG, and Beaumont United being in that category and to be above average this season. Neither of those teams are honestly that good THIS SEASON where you could put them above THIS years Newton team. In years past, of course, i'd predict those teams to win. In 2018, I just can't see it. I do agree with you that the larger quality playoff teams would edge Newton, but not the teams here in SETX. That's not a knock to them and I hope all the teams do well around here. 

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Let's see who has the easiest route to AT&T. Strength of schedule for Newton is weak as hell!

Newtons schedule was one of the toughest in state for a 3A D2 team. Dont know where your from but try a little of Jasper/Silsbee/ Wos/Gilmer/ see how your team comes out.. No 3A D1 or D 2 could stop Newton.. Newton could go in 4A D 2... Like I said... meet us @ AT& T

1 hour ago, Cactus said:

Newtons schedule was one of the toughest in state for a 3A D2 team. Dont know where your from but try a little of Jasper/Silsbee/ Wos/Gilmer/ see how your team comes out.. No 3A D1 or D 2 could stop Newton.. Newton could go in 4A D 2... Like I said... meet us @ AT& T

lmao... dude you just proved my point. And the easiest route to AT&T goes to Newton. lol...

8 minutes ago, LEEROY Jenkinss said:

he whole thing about D1 commits is crazy.  The schools with the most commits is ozen and central in the past years and they didn't do anything.

They have had several, but I don't think they have had up to seven players on one team. They normally would have 1-3 guys at a time and that was it. I agree, a few D1 players do not make a team great and make them win, but having (7) of that type of caliber players on one team sure does help. 

5 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

They would win the championship every year if they got to play the Bob Hope Schools of the blind that Newton beats up on all the time. 

Yes. West Brook would win the 3A state championship every single year if they played in it. I don't think anyone would disagree with that. We all know they would wipe the floors, as Newton is doing too. Too bad WB can't do it in their classification. I would like to see them do something good for a change. At least WB is the best team in Beaumont, though. 

9 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

Would being the key word , I asked when have they? 

This is one of the pettiest arguments of all time. Not just for this topic, it is everywhere. The fact that WB doesn't win State at the 6A level is irrelevant to the already ridiculous topic that were posting about. WB would monkey stomp Newton. That is taking nothing away from Newton's kids. If you don't believe that, get out and catch a WB game.

Dude is all hyped up. Newton hasn't beat a team with a winning record this year! He's going by name recognition, but it could be said that all those name teams are young and rebuilding. Enjoy y'all wins, but get off the gas with that Newton is the supreme in high school football. Smdh...

16 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is one of the pettiest arguments of all time. Not just for this topic, it is everywhere. The fact that WB doesn't win State at the 6A level is irrelevant to the already ridiculous topic that were posting about. WB would monkey stomp Newton. That is taking nothing away from Newton's kids. If you don't believe that, get out and catch a WB game.

Never said Newton would beat west brook, I asked when was the last time they won state , take it how you want but the question got answered, as far as yoda or yoshi or whoever his name is saying Newton has  a weak schedule playing silsbee.wos  and gilmer... his school is 6A and  he’s on here bashing a 3A school, now that’s ridiculous and petty

31 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Dude is all hyped up. Newton hasn't beat a team with a winning record this year! He's going by name recognition, but it could be said that all those name teams are young and rebuilding. Enjoy y'all wins, but get off the gas with that Newton is the supreme in high school football. Smdh...

Not hyped up at all, Newton will be playing in December and possibly WOS.

21 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

Never said Newton would beat west brook, I asked when was the last time they won state , take it how you want but the question got answered, as far as yoda or yoshi or whoever his name is saying Newton has  a weak schedule playing silsbee.wos  and gilmer... his school is 6A and  he’s on here bashing a 3A school, now that’s ridiculous and petty

No question Newton has played quality teams.