Nederland@The Hill

chorizo

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Nederland's defense is good but I think BH has a bit too much on the offensive end. BH’s defense has some shaky aspects to it but Nederland’s offense looks to be pretty mediocre. Only averaging 23 offenseive points per game and around 300 total yards per contest. 

BH really doesn’t have a home field advantage playing in Eagle Stadium but it’s bwtter than being on the road so I like BH by 3-7 points. 

Why do you say that BH doesn't have a home field advantage when playing at home?

On 9/29/2018 at 4:30 PM, chorizo said:

Lol,glad 14.2 is picking the eagles,,dogs will roll in this one.Sit back and watch what I’m saying!!!Offense is better than what has been shown,nobody can move in the mud that has been played on the last four games,I think ned o line will blow ppl out on a dry field,and the running game is gonna be hard to stop.ive been wrong before but I don’t think so this time!!!One more thing,Ned and Crosby will both be undefeated when they meet in Nederland!!!

Offense is better than what has shown. Does this also mean that maybe the Nederland defense is not as good as it has looked for the same reasons?  They should be pretty evenly matched, so I will take BH because we have better toys to play with.

Rumor is that Nederland is bring buckets of Mud with them to smear on their uniforms in order to feel like they are playing football.    Just playing Dogs i’m Sure it will be nice though the get on some turf! Should be a great game

Nederland has no more talent on the field than BH. What I know about Ned is simple: Anyone that has ever seen a Bulldog game already knows they come to play hard nose football. Never Ending Football from the first kickoff until the horn - Dogs will be playing Hard Nose to the bitter End!

The Hill will need to keep the little yellow flags the zebras back pockets and keep the turnovers to zero. No mental mistakes – ZERO! The Hill cannot turn the ball over like they did with Dayton or they will be destroyed. If all key players are on the field for the Hill and they play mistake free, this will be a roller-coaster ride. Mistake free football for the Hill can lead to a W.

9 minutes ago, BH85 said:

Lercy's Diner

Yep, they are open till 8 on Fridays.  There is a small place called Meat Haven on 146 near 10,  and also Tony's BBQ.   Also a Freddy's burgers across 10 along with a Dickey's, Whataburger and others.

3 hours ago, KF89 said:

Better toys to play with? Please educate us on this? Looks like Nederlands not so good defense gets their other all state DB back this week,so maybe he can help slow down the BH offensive toys...  

I did say better toys not better athletes. A Indoor facility, Turf fields, the school ect.. ect.. Maybe I need to change my pick now that I know Nederland has 2 All State DB's returning from last year. And I said nothing about your defense other than to make the point that yall use the excuse about bad weather for your offensive woes, but also say how good the D has been. 

no excuse really,just think you have better results on a dry field versus playing in slop,but in the big picture regardless they have done enough to win,really that's what matters!I will give you yall have better toys,because we have crap facilities!Just wish that fancy turf field had a bigger visitor side,not sure our band will fit in it!

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Yep, they are open till 8 on Fridays.  There is a small place called Meat Haven on 146 near 10,  and also Tony's BBQ.   Also a Freddy's burgers across 10 along with a Dickey's, Whataburger and others.

And if you want Mexican there is Iguana Joes on 146. Margaritas:) 

Not sure who "yaIl" is or where excuses were made, u will get nothing but facts from me. I don't know how long BH has had better "toys" or if that gives them an advantage but the last 5 years those nice toys has produced 1 playoff birth which was a loss to png for the eagles. Bottom line is both teams are solid this year & it will come down to who makes the most plays, least mistakes & turnovers. Looking forward to seeing my 1st good dry football game this year. 

BH defense allows 25 pts a game.  Ned. defense allows 9

BH Offense avg. 30 points a game  Ned offense avg. 24 points a game 

21 hours ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Typical we over here at the west are better than east of the trinity. I would’ve thought last Friday would’ve humbled him a bit but don’t worry. Ned and png will take care of that.

Why would last Friday have done that? Our star qb jumped over a kid’s head on the second drive of the game on a dumb play and hurt himself. The backup came in and put up 42 points while we turned it over at least 4 times and gave up a defensive td because a wet, muddy ball popped out and your player ran it back. You were up 20-0 AND STILL COULDN'T WIN! Everything y’all needed to go right did and you STILL lost. We’ve been down 14-21 points every game we’ve played this year except New Caney. Do you want props because you almost beat the team most everybody over there says hasn’t done anything? What does that say about your program that you’re still wanting credit for a moral victory? The last statement in your post probably won’t age well. 

3 hours ago, chorizo said:

best restaurants near the ant mound??

Stuckey’s!

8 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Why would last Friday have done that? Our star qb jumped over a kid’s head on the second drive of the game on a dumb play and hurt himself. The backup came in and put up 42 points while we turned it over at least 4 times and gave up a defensive td because a wet, muddy ball popped out and your player ran it back. You were up 20-0 AND STILL COULDN'T WIN! Everything y’all needed to go right did and you STILL lost. We’ve been down 14-21 points every game we’ve played this year except New Caney. Do you want props because you almost beat the team most everybody over there says hasn’t done anything? What does that say about your program that you’re still wanting credit for a moral victory? The last statement in your post probably won’t age well. 

7 hours ago, chorizo said:

I know most our boys like grass better but yet have they seen grass this year been all mud,ready to see them on a dry field without mud!!!

9 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Oh how we like to leave out details. 1 of the turnovers was a strip of your quarterback, the other was a interception from your quarterback. I do believe we turned over the ball a few times also. I guess y’all were the only ones playing with a Muddy Ball.  Lol! Your such a narcissist that you can’t even admit that game could have went either way. It took the Mecca 3 OT to beat poor little ole Vidor. Your a work of Art! (Abstract that is). Go do something productive like donating to your School District!

22 hours ago, KF89 said:

What do you base this on? Have you seen Nederland play? So your saying BH has more offensive weapons than Wos,United, Silsbee?

Watching BH in person vs KP the week Crosby was off. Yes I’ve seen Nederland play, I watched their whole game against WOS, a lot of plays multiple times. I didn’t say anything about who had what weapons.

I haven’t seen United but I have a good idea of what they are. I’m saying under TW that BH probably executes their offense better than all of those schools you listed. Vidor probably has the least talent in the district but they’re a hard out some nights when they’re executing well. 

19 minutes ago, Realville said:

Oh how we like to leave out details. 1 of the turnovers was a strip of your quarterback, the other was a interception from your quarterback. I do believe we turned over the ball a few times also. I guess y’all were the only ones playing with a Muddy Ball.  Lol! Your such a narcissist that you can’t even admit that game could have went either way. It took the Mecca 3 OT to beat poor little ole Vidor. Your a work of Art! (Abstract that is). Go do something productive like donating to your School District!

This always gives me the giggles...

12 minutes ago, Realville said:

I am dontating to the district. I’m buying my old lady a bigger house soon as I get back from playing golf in Chicago which means more tax dollars for the district. You stripped and picked off the backup, Crosby would’ve scored 40+ on Vidor in regulation had Howard been there. Point is that everything went your way, including 100+ yards in penalties and you still lost. I was waiting for Crosby to come back and win, even at 20-0 you were still hoping Vidor would. 

Lol, donate to our district? I swear to God, no exaggeration that your entire town looks like 3rd ward in southwest Houston. Hell, I was going to donate some food to those people living in that pop-up camper across from the stadium.