City War

Yeoj

21 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'll call it that too.  I'm just picking with Yeoj.  He's personally told me his disgust in the name and that he will make up a name for it.  

I'm none biased and I have a great name for it. How's this....

"The Aluminum Bowl" 

Has a ring to it, doesn't it?  Lol

I would like for 2 things to happen.....

1.  A competitive game

2.  A. Louis figures a better way to call plays.  Right now, the QB is running gassers to and from the sideline which causes the play to be ran way down on the play clock and wears the kid out.  It's 2018.  Use some big cards like they down in college or hand signals.....

6 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

1.  A competitive game

2.  A. Louis figures a better way to call plays.  Right now, the QB is running gassers to and from the sideline which causes the play to be ran way down on the play clock and wears the kid out.  It's 2018.  Use some big cards like they down in college or hand signals.....

I totally agree. That is like popwarner. 

14 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

1.  A competitive game

Man I thought that was over when Central was no more but I guess I never paid attention to how they called plays at Ozen.  QB runs to the sideline, gets the play, then runs back to the huddle, tells the rest of the team the play which just so happens to be I formation QB bootleg left which means more running for the QB...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lol.  Lots of other schools I'm SETX calls their QB's to the sideline after every play, just FYI....

Not really. Silsbee does. But I myself haven’t seen any other teams do it.

even when i was in school we would send a new receiver in each play with the play call. Now Coach Babin uses hand signals

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Not really. Silsbee does. But I myself haven’t seen any other teams do it.

even when i was in school we would send a new receiver in each play with the play call. Now Coach Babin uses hand signals

BUT, I will say this in defense of the coach at United- he didn’t really have a lot of time to teach his new team a whole new offense plus the signals.

2 hours ago, PABorn said:

I don't see United doing anything in this game other than trying to stop the bleeding as soon as the clock starts. WB has to much discipline and their coaches are much better than Uniteds. 

Just how we were going to be trying to stop the bleeding as soon as the clock starts against PA Memorial?  If I recall, y'all walked out of there with a late TD and a 10-3 victory.  So what are you saying?  WB is way better than PA?  WB has more discipline than PA?  WB coaches are much better than PA?