Galena Park at Port Arthur Memorial/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

He mishandled 1 or 2 snaps and I haven't heard the kid blame anyone.  That 2nd half was a combination of playcalling and team play.  They did nothing in the passing or running game at all.  I saw a repetition of the same run play called that I'm sure the defense caught on to.  It would have been nice to see a few short yardage pass plays to get more of a rhythm.

2 hours ago, MhsTitans said:

I just want to see 4 quarters of solid football from the offense. The way they came out in the 1st quarter they look unstoppable. After that the qb started to be careless with the ball and he cant blame the center this game.

I wouldn't say careless. Lol. The int he forced that he should have tucked it and ran.  I remember 1 snap hit him in the hands and another where he was flat footed.  The O just wasn't on the same page after the 1st qt. Strange game offensively.

The snap exchange has to be cleaned up. I would like to see 4 quarters too so I can see what we really have. I have a good clue, but would like to see a full game of it. I'm giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt, and assume that they went extremely vanilla after the 1st quarter. No need to show the rest of the district your full offensive hand if you don't need to. 

1 hour ago, BoGip7387 said:

The snap exchange has to be cleaned up. I would like to see 4 quarters too so I can see what we really have. I have a good clue, but would like to see a full game of it. I'm giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt, and assume that they went extremely vanilla after the 1st quarter. No need to show the rest of the district your full offensive hand if you don't need to. 

Makes a lot of sense

I have seen Port Arthur play 2x this season. Deer Park and Galena Park.  Port Arthur plays solid defense.  The Titan defense is not afraid to TACKLE.  They hit the ball carrier and wrap up.  They get the ball carrier on the ground.  An aggressive and fast defense that tackles well is a solid foundation for a playoff run.  On offense, it is hard to complain.  They moved the ball at will vs. GP in the 1Q and then the score got out-of-hand.  Port Arthur jumps out to 35-0 on GP and there is a natural let up by the offense, defense, special teams, and coaching staff.  Can't fault 16-17-18 year old kids for human nature.  It is easy to let up when you get up 35-0 and GP looks like it is going through the motions to get the game over.  Both times I've seen Port Arthur = impressive defense and they moved the ball on offense.  Hard to complain.

The D can be dominant if they play a disciplined game and we haven't seen how good the offense can be yet.  28 in the 1st qt against a supposed #2 D in the Houston area is nothing to complain about.  These boys will be fine.  It seems adults want these kids to be perfect every game.  Just winning isn't good enough I guess. Smh

I don’t know if you guys noticed but , the starting center got hurt & we had problems. High snaps, low snaps & some were so slow getting there , it threw off the timing of the plays . Thats something I can’t understand. All these players & only one kid is capable of snapping the ball ? You had 2 weeks to clean that up , because it happened ALL game against BMT United .IMO , if we clean that up , we’ll be ok 

38 minutes ago, TeeCal85 said:

I don’t know if you guys noticed but , the starting center got hurt & we had problems. High snaps, low snaps & some were so slow getting there , it threw off the timing of the plays . Thats something I can’t understand. All these players & only one kid is capable of snapping the ball ? You had 2 weeks to clean that up , because it happened ALL game against BMT United .IMO , if we clean that up , we’ll be ok 

Naw, there wasn't snap issues bro, that was the QB being careless with the ball. Lol

41 minutes ago, TeeCal85 said:

Yes sir, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as when we played United but the center/QB exchange was responsible for 2 turnovers during this game. That's 2 too many.

11 minutes ago, PAT409 said:

Yes sir, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as when we played United but the center/QB exchange was responsible for 2 turnovers during this game. That's 2 too many.

& also numerous of snaps were rolled to the QB. Galena Park just pinned their ears back & run blitzed. They knew we weren’t gonna pass until we got our snaps gleaned up ..... the RBs were getting hit as soon as the QB was handing the ball off..... but like I said earlier, I like our chances of we get the snaps cleaned up 

15 hours ago, TeeCal85 said:

The backup got hurt Friday night I think. #76 Ross is a freshman he tooks some snaps and was kinda inconsistent. The put some other kid in can't remember his number and he did a better job.

IMO I think ppl are looking at this as the "glass is half empty" whereas if the snaps are the only major problem as of yet, they should be seeing it as the "glass is half full." Let me explain. We have a QB that CAN get the ball downfield, the line has only allowed 1 maybe 2 sacks, we now have 2 deep threat WRs (#2 and #20), a possession WR (#89), plus 3 good RBs (#21, #25 #5) we'll be just fine.