Crosby 42 Vidor 36/FINAL (3 OT)

WOSgrad

Just got home and read all this.  There sure was a lot of people talking trash all the way up until the 3rd quarter (and not all Vidor fans).  The game is four quarters, and sometimes even more.  Just wish Crosby would play the first half.  I wasn't very optimistic when the starting QB went out with no points on the board, but they managed to pound it out.  

5 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

About to be #3 in DCTF after thr A&M consikidated loss tonight.

Well, despite some (one?) posters, many at Crosby still have some class.  Again, kudos to the Cougars.  You guys should have a deep run this year.  Y’all do seem to have first half problems, but I’m sure the Staff & kids will get that fixed.

Like most everyone else, I’ve been out of likes for a while.  Just wanted to say, some great post by the Vidor, Ned, PNG, other local towns, and Crosby fans.  Wish I could have seen the game, but they’d probably had to carry my old behind out of the stands.  I’d guess most fans were as tired as the players when it was over.  I was pooped just reading the posts.

Last, Big KUDOS to the Pirates.  You young men need to keep this game in perspective.  You took one of the very best 5AD2 teams in the State to three overtime’s.  You take this great effort and build on it.   Go Pirates from the class of ‘63.

That is what makes this game and team so special. I always refer to that year 96,where we almost beat defending finalist (not champ, I believe Stephenville was) La Marque. Funny on that la marque team was an off tackle, superintendents son, Brian Randle, now the alief Taylor head coach, one of the top, if not THE top young coach in southeast Texas. We were finalist for the Baytown sterling job when Gareri got it ( great move again GCCISD ADMIN). He said I looked familiar and finally cane to the knowledge that I was that crazy def coordinator from Crosby head butting helmets, bleeding from the forehead while laughing with the ref crew, he said I scared all of la marque and that the Crosby Cougars were the better team that year. I know shoulda,woulda, BUT hear me out. Crosby hasn’t had a real chance to win state since 96 because they had leadership and skill. Hard to have all the variables to make that run. Last night showed me the ONE question about them moving forward. What would happen if the archer #7 had no arrows or became injured. No other superstars, now a 3 headed monster at RB, the only question was that most important, 2nd most important position BACK UP quarterback for any state championship team. Before last night all we had was a game winning supposed fade, that was more of a ball 4 , not a great justification of quarterbacks prowess. But it beat Manvel cause of unbelievable athleticism by archer turned wide receiver. Now Alice, we see his skillz, WOW. If his receivers would have just tried to catch his darts his stats would be nice. For a new qb to be put in that wasp nest, pirates lair, bunch of funky manure alfalfa field (for you 14.2 I still have your back since mid 90s) is storybook at the least.  Crosby could get beat by Lee, Dayton, p n g, Santa Fe,Nederland or da hill with their great coach who is taking your weary poor but especially your future all Americans to the great housing implosion on da hill. But the lack of quit, find a way somehow, what’s the matter in the first half crawfish eatin sod planting, future TEA controlled Crosby boys are maturing into a team that COULD, I say could grace the Mecca of the blue star, better known as Jerry’s world, and all I’m saying is there’s , yes , there is a chance Jim Carrey. I love football as much as all of y’all but for the past 33 my paycheck depended on it, now I write and b s and still see EVERYTHING through coaches eyes ( until I come back in a year). Coach Davenport and I meet, talk, and solve—2 old coaches with free time—speaking of , that vidor guy in the shorts, who LED a team prayer with both teams intermingled together (take that liberal God Less society) Matthews is GOLD. when will finances and 6A school discoveries cause him to leave pirate central. Better keep tight reigns on him. Sorry rambling gotta get this article done for a nazi in okie colors. Great game and another chapter into a book that Could, I said could end in the biggest gift in Texas, dreamed of by men and boys from del rio to Texarkana, to elpaso to West Orange. Yes Alice, there is a chance—

Class act from Vidor.  Praying with our team mid field after the game and the Vidor band making a large cash donation to our band to help them get to Chicago for a once in a lifetime, invitation only performance.  Class Act Vidor Pirates.  

2 hours ago, coach bear said:

That is what makes this game and team so special. I always refer to that year 96,where we almost beat defending finalist (not champ, I believe Stephenville was) La Marque. Funny on that la marque team was an off tackle, superintendents son, Brian Randle, now the alief Taylor head coach, one of the top, if not THE top young coach in southeast Texas. We were finalist for the Baytown sterling job when Gareri got it ( great move again GCCISD ADMIN). He said I looked familiar and finally cane to the knowledge that I was that crazy def coordinator from Crosby head butting helmets, bleeding from the forehead while laughing with the ref crew, he said I scared all of la marque and that the Crosby Cougars were the better team that year. I know shoulda,woulda, BUT hear me out. Crosby hasn’t had a real chance to win state since 96 because they had leadership and skill. Hard to have all the variables to make that run. Last night showed me the ONE question about them moving forward. What would happen if the archer #7 had no arrows or became injured. No other superstars, now a 3 headed monster at RB, the only question was that most important, 2nd most important position BACK UP quarterback for any state championship team. Before last night all we had was a game winning supposed fade, that was more of a ball 4 , not a great justification of quarterbacks prowess. But it beat Manvel cause of unbelievable athleticism by archer turned wide receiver. Now Alice, we see his skillz, WOW. If his receivers would have just tried to catch his darts his stats would be nice. For a new qb to be put in that wasp nest, pirates lair, bunch of funky manure alfalfa field (for you 14.2 I still have your back since mid 90s) is storybook at the least.  Crosby could get beat by Lee, Dayton, p n g, Santa Fe,Nederland or da hill with their great coach who is taking your weary poor but especially your future all Americans to the great housing implosion on da hill. But the lack of quit, find a way somehow, what’s the matter in the first half crawfish eatin sod planting, future TEA controlled Crosby boys are maturing into a team that COULD, I say could grace the Mecca of the blue star, better known as Jerry’s world, and all I’m saying is there’s , yes , there is a chance Jim Carrey. I love football as much as all of y’all but for the past 33 my paycheck depended on it, now I write and b s and still see EVERYTHING through coaches eyes ( until I come back in a year). Coach Davenport and I meet, talk, and solve—2 old coaches with free time—speaking of , that vidor guy in the shorts, who LED a team prayer with both teams intermingled together (take that liberal God Less society) Matthews is GOLD. when will finances and 6A school discoveries cause him to leave pirate central. Better keep tight reigns on him. Sorry rambling gotta get this article done for a nazi in okie colors. Great game and another chapter into a book that Could, I said could end in the biggest gift in Texas, dreamed of by men and boys from del rio to Texarkana, to elpaso to West Orange. Yes Alice, there is a chance—

Yea all that and a little help from the refs... Just kidding, y’all got a shot.

42 minutes ago, Coug88 said:

Class act from Vidor.  Praying with our team mid field after the game and the Vidor band making a large cash donation to our band to help them get to Chicago for a once in a lifetime, invitation only performance.  Class Act Vidor Pirates.  

out of likes, but I like and thank you.

1 hour ago, Coug88 said:

Thank You Coug88, glad we could help. Love thy neighbor as thy self an we try our best to do that in Vidor. With that said it was a great ball game last night! Could have went either way but we definitely got our money’s worth! Go Pirates!

I mean, that's nothing new.  Vidor football and staff has always been classy.  They always do a group prayer with the other team.  

It was a great gesture by the Pirate band though.  

Now that I follow a 4a team and a 6a team, I think I'll make Vidor  my 5a team of choice to follow.

21 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

Shout out to. Kobe Coker coaches son great kid and in both the Manvel win and This one has come up clutch a number of times. Kids got clutch in his DNA, now to just make some of thise check down reads. 

When Jaiden went down everyone's heart sunk but we knew Kobe was there. 

9 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

There have been a few comments from Crosby about Vidors field, we will make sure to get turf for y’all. We wouldn’t want you to get your pretty white uniforms dirty playing football. We really are that nice and accommodating.

Lol just be lucky yall were wearing black. Or we would see who's uniforms were the muddiest.