Nederland 21 Santa Fe 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, KABrother said:

Really did not understand Santa Fe’s clock management/playcalling at the end of the first half...was almost like they couldn’t decide if they wanted to try to score it just take it to half.

I think that had more to do with Nederland than Santa Fe.  

I was watching the clock and there was like one second difference between the game clock in the play clock. The Santa Fe players were just standing around like they were not going to huddle and either let the time go out or snap the ball at one second and kneel it. 

Nederland saw the clock running and Santa Fe in no hurry to punt so Nederland called the timeout.  I am just guessing that since Nederland had already blocked a punt for a touchdown, they were trying to get another turnover. Then Santa Fe went for it at the benefit of the Nederland TO and got the first down. They were then able to throw it in the end zone for a possible touchdown on the last play of the half. It was incomplete but Nederland was flagged and gave them another shot at it. 

Nederland gambled on the TO and almost lost the bet. Santa Fe took advantage of the Nederland TO and tried to punch it in. 

Or at  least that is what it look like to me. 

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I think that had more to do with Nederland than Santa Fe.  

I was watching the clock and there was like one second difference between the game clock in the play clock. The Santa Fe players were just standing around like they were not going to huddle and either let the time go out or snap the ball at one second and kneel it. 

Nederland saw the clock running and Santa Fe in no hurry to punt so Nederland called the timeout.  I am just guessing that since Nederland had already blocked a punt for a touchdown, they were trying to get another turnover. Then Santa Fe went for it at the benefit of the Nederland TO and got the first down. They were then able to throw it in the end zone for a possible touchdown on the last play of the half. It was incomplete but Nederland was flagged and gave them another shot at it. 

Nederland gambled on the TO and almost lost the bet. Santa Fe took advantage of the Nederland TO and tried to punch it in. 

Or at  least that is what it look like to me. 

To me it started before that though.  When Santa Fe was around midfield they let the play clock run down before calling a TO with about 50 seconds left...there were a good 20 seconds that rolled off with the players just looking at the sideline.  Then on the final play they dumped it off underneath needing about 30 yards.  Don’t see why you don’t take a shot at the endzone there and you had just done it in the play before.