Silsbee 35 Lumberton 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Thought Coach Babin was supposed to get that L train running this year? I know he had 2 great years at Deweyville but I don’t think too much after that

Injury bug. But our defense played pretty good. All Silsbee could do was complete the deep go routes which is our weakness every year. We shut down the run pretty well. 

26 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Injury bug. But our defense played pretty good. All Silsbee could do was complete the deep go routes which is our weakness every year. We shut down the run pretty well. 

Yea, but the kid that was throwing them is a Sophmore with hardly no experience.  He's not even the starter..   Well, he may be the starter after last night's performance.  

43 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, but the kid that was throwing them is a Sophmore with hardly no experience.  He's not even the starter..   Well, he may be the starter after last night's performance.  

Oh I know, and I give him credit for making the throws and for exploiting our weak area. All I was saying is the score doesn’t tell the tale. Our defense held their own against a three headed running machine. And as a Silsbee fan also, I would have liked to see more organized passes with actual routes instead of “everybody run down field and we’ll just chunk it down there”. It worked against us, when y’all play wos or playoffs it may not work so easily. 

but Silsbee did what they had to do to win the game, in the end both teams still have a lot to figure out on the offensive side of the ball. We just have no playmakers, that’s our biggest problem.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Oh I know, and I give him credit for making the throws and for exploiting our weak area. All I was saying is the score doesn’t tell the tale. Our defense held their own against a three headed running machine. And as a Silsbee fan also, I would have liked to see more organized passes with actual routes instead of “everybody run down field and we’ll just chunk it down there”. It worked against us, when y’all play wos or playoffs it may not work so easily. 

but Silsbee did what they had to do to win the game, in the end both teams still have a lot to figure out on the offensive side of the ball. We just have no playmakers, that’s our biggest problem.

True, but that's what I've been saying for the last 3 years...  When the pass happens, it's an out pattern.  Only actual routs that are ran is when it's a playaction pass, and its a short route.  I guess that they are just hoping the run game works most of the time.

And the Lumberton front 7 did do a great job.  They stopped the inside run and had great pursuit on those stretch plays.  

As I told Raidergirl last night, Lumberton will win district....

7 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

True, but that's what I've been saying for the last 3 years...  When the pass happens, it's an out pattern.  Only actual routs that are ran is when it's a playaction pass, and its a short route.  I guess that they are just hoping the run game works most of the time.

And the Lumberton front 7 did do a great job.  They stopped the inside run and had great pursuit on those stretch plays.  

I highly doubt Lumberton beats LCM. we are 24-8 against those guys. When Lumberton had their best team in 2007 they beat us only 21-13. I expect a shoot out with in bear stadium 

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Agreed.. looks like Silsbee found a good YOUNG qb that should develop into a great player.

LC-M beats a “powerhouse” football team for their first win and all of sudden talking smack on other Teams.  They will be lucky to win another game. They may beat Livingston. I mean come on guy y’all beat HJ but I assure you you will not be DC!! You need to worry about LCM and not other Teams. Congrats on yalls first W of the season last night though.