Silsbee 35 Lumberton 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But why?  There are many predominantly white teams around that compete at a high level year in and year out...  What are they doing that we aren't?  We're serious about our football as they are...

Well first, at  schools like Highland Park which is pretty much the whitest team I have ever seen, coach all aspects of the game very well and have really talented  kids year by year, while PNG and Ned may have a few pop up every few years. Nederland isn't known for Offense, PNG isnt known for Defense, Lumberton isnt known for ANYTHING, Vidor cant pass, BC plays like a smaller Vidor etc. You don't win championships especially in the upper levels being one dimensional or having lacking play in other areas. Calallen is another example of white kids balling. Many of these local teams are fine also with district rivalry wins and 2 deep playoff runs so you don't change coaching much.

22 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Well first, at  schools like Highland Park which is pretty much the whitest team I have ever seen, coach all aspects of the game very well and have really talented  kids year by year, while PNG and Ned may have a few pop up every few years. Nederland isn't known for Offense, PNG isnt known for Defense, Lumberton isnt known for ANYTHING, Vidor cant pass, BC plays like a smaller Vidor etc. You don't win championships especially in the upper levels being one dimensional or having lacking play in other areas. Calallen is another example of white kids balling. Many of these local teams are fine also with district rivalry wins and 2 deep playoff runs so you don't change coaching much.

Exactly.

37 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Exactly.

Oh yeah! Then they talk about how successful they are and have been for the past 30 years  in the regular season and how they make a deep run every 4 years or so. No title or anything in that span! Whoo Hoo! Such a high standard! Im convinced that many teams in the area are happy with being regular season good and winning a couple playoff games.

11 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Oh yeah! Then they talk about how successful they are and have been for the past 30 years  in the regular season and how they make a deep run every 4 years or so. No title or anything in that span! Whoo Hoo! Such a high standard! Im convinced that many teams in the area are happy with being regular season good and winning a couple playoff games.

Nobody wins a title every year, but you are delusional if you think that isn't the objective every year.

18 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Nobody wins a title every year, but you are delusional if you think that isn't the objective every year.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Those who forget history are condemned to repeat it.   A coach that has been deep in the playoffs knows what to do to get back.  Coaches that haven't are playing it more by ear.   That's why there is a history.  You don't think those kids didn't go to playoff games when they were younger and wanted to be on the teams when they hit high school?   If the team was bad when they were younger you think that encourages them to be a football player ?   Why do think that Ned had more players out there than United a couple of weeks ago?  

No Im saying games in the 80s and 90s have no bearing today, these kids were born in 2000 on down and have never seen their team PNG or Ned win anything big in football. If anything, they live off the stories you guys keep telling them from 30-40 years ago. You seem to be content. That is what I am talking about.

Championships are the goal for each team every year duh. My beef with you is your team he hasnt been close to the big one since 57 and you talk like you have some built in tradition. Where is it? Your best coach never sniffed the State game with Ned, (Neumann)! The only one delusioned is  YOU.  THE GUY WHO TALKS ABOUT WINNING TRADITIONS AND HASN'T WON THE BIG ONE IN OVER 61 YEARS? 61. Years. Generations of people have lived and died since then. Weren't we in Vietnam? That's before the conclusion of the civil rights movement and integration. Please. You have been happy with beating PNG and short playoff runs with a deep run every so often. You are content

Many schools seems content with regular season rivalry wins and a deep playoff run every 5-6 years. Honestly, I dont see much of a difference now in your argument about Ned and 14.2's about Crosby. Both of you seem happy being pretty mediocre once they playoffs start, but you sure can run your mouth about how good your coach wins during the regular season. The MCM trophy is only for yearly display,  State is forever

4 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

No Im saying games in the 80s and 90s have no bearing today, these kids were born in 2000 on down and have never seen their team PNG or Ned win anything big in football. If anything, they live off the stories you guys keep telling them from 30-40 years ago. You seem to be content. That is what I am talking about.

Championships are the goal for each team every year duh. My beef with you is your team he hasnt been close to  one since 57 and you talk like you have some built in tradition. Where is it? The only one delusioned is  YOU.  THE GUY WHO TALKS ABOUT WINNING TRADITIONS AND HASN'T WON THE BIG ONE IN OVER 61 YEARS? 61. Years. Generations of people have lived and died since then. Weren't we in Vietnam? That's before the conclusion of the civil rights movement and integration. Please.

Many schools seems content with regular season rivalry wins and a deep playoff run every 5-6 years. Honestly, I dont see much of a difference now in your argument about Ned and 14.2's about Crosby. Both of you seem happy being pretty mediocre once they playoffs start, but you sure can run your mouth about how good your coach wins during the regular season. The MCM trophy is only for yearly display, 

I'm a realist but I'm not content.   I would love to see Ned in the 5th round every year, but again there aren't many teams that do that every year.  In fact maybe 2 or 3 in the state.  I have been to 4th-5th round games for Ned fairly recently.    Unfortunately  they came up short, but yes Ned has been deep recently and hopefully will be again.   Part of that coaching legacy is here now when we had Barrow take over after Neumann retired, as he was there when Ned was playing  Smithson Valley in the semis, when they were playing Georgetown in the Regionals and when they knocked of the #2  Friendswood and #1 Pearland Dawson.   And guess what?  Those kids playing on later teams were probably there too.  Why do think PNG  and Ned usually bring as many fans or more than the other team no matter if its a home or away game.  Tradition, and the fact that they might see another run by one of those teams.    

Btw, what team do you support?  

On 9/29/2018 at 2:24 PM, PdaddyBball said:
7 minutes ago, bigdog said:

I'm a realist but I'm not content.   I would love to see Ned in the 5th round every year, but again there aren't many teams that do that every year.  In fact maybe 2 or 3 in the state.  I have been to 4th-5th round games for Ned fairly recently.    Unfortunately  they came up short, but yes Ned has been deep recently and hopefully will be again.   Part of that coaching legacy is here now when we had Barrow take over after Neumann retired, as he was there when Ned was playing  Smithson Valley in the semis, when they were playing Georgetown in the Regionals and when they knocked of the #2  Friendswood and #1 Pearland Dawson.   And guess what?  Those kids playing on later teams were probably there too.  Why do think PNG  and Ned usually bring as many fans or more than the other team no matter if its a home or away game.  Tradition, and the fact that they might see another run by one of those teams.    

Btw, what team do you support?  

Bigdog I’m sorry I got this thread off the main topic. But I’m sure just like the other guy he won’t name his high school where we can call it “trash”. Lol