21-6A

Yeoj

On 10/3/2018 at 4:25 PM, ThirdDay said:

United surprised me for sure.  I though RSS would be more competitive.  The United D line manhandled our O line.  Our special teams were horrible.  The one punt returned for a TD where no one downed the ball even though it was bouncing back toward us should not have happened.  The other punt return was very similar.  The kick off returned for TD was poorly executed and everyone collapsed leaving wide open running.

Our offense is going to struggle as long as there is not a threat of a passing game.  If opposing defenses only have to key on Hill with the linebackers and let the rest of the team worry about Hawkins pulling and running then it makes for a long day for our defense.  RSS did put one drive together when 3rd team QB went in and connected on several passes.  I believe that one drive was more than the rest of the game combined.  If we can keep defenses from keying on Hill only then we can be a bit more competitive.

Our defense was on the field way too long and not enough depth.  Our D line is respectable.  Our secondary wound up getting burned trying to play the run and then giving up passing yardage.  I thought United did an excellent job in the red zone.  Too many weapons...running and passing.  United QB played well and made plays.

Sterling coaches seem to not know they have any other kids on offense. Against channelview how many times you gonna put him at Qb and run him.  He can’t throw the ball?  They make it to easy to key the kid.  I feel bad for him. 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:40 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Standings after 2nd week of district play...

Channelview 2-0

North Shore 2-0

West Brook 2-0

Deer Park 1-1

United 1-1

C.E. King 0-2

LaPorte 0-2

Sterling 0-2

Is it too early to look at how our districts 1st round opponents are doing?

Humble Atascocita (3,641) 3-0

Humble Summer Creek (2,237) 3-0

Humble Kingwood (2,659) 3-1

Pasadena Dobie (4,277) 2-1

Humble (2,279) 2-2

Pasadena South Houston (3,015) 2-2

Pasadena Memorial (3,491) 1-3

Pasadena Sam Rayburn (3,113) 0-3

Pasadena (2,790)  0-4 

26 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

Things will have to go really wrong for King to score 31 on United. 

Bro the Wolves are 1-4, so at this point, nothing would surprise me.  I feel they should be 3-2.  In my opinion only 2 teams they played were better than them, St. Pius and West Brook.  The other 2 should have been wins for us but that thing called coaching...

40 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bro the Wolves are 1-4, so at this point, nothing would surprise me.  I feel they should be 3-2.  In my opinion only 2 teams they played were better than them, St. Pius and West Brook.  The other 2 should have been wins for us but that thing called coaching...

I feel that but that flexbone King runs is weak. And its all they have.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, GCMNation5 said:

Sterling coaches seem to not know they have any other kids on offense. Against channelview how many times you gonna put him at Qb and run him.  He can’t throw the ball?  They make it to easy to key the kid.  I feel bad for him. 

Hill is a great running back.  Hawkins is a good RB and even better receiver.  Hill did attempt several throws against Channelview...all to Hawkins.  You just can't put a square peg in a round hole.  They have some decent receivers.  Everyone knows Hill or Hawkins are getting the ball 90% of the time.  Assign 2 LB to each, corners/DE's contain and you get what we continue seeing.  3 and outs and a dog tired D.

8 minutes ago, ThirdDay said:

Hill is a great running back.  Hawkins is a good RB and even better receiver.  Hill did attempt several throws against Channelview...all to Hawkins.  You just can't put a square peg in a round hole.  They have some decent receivers.  Everyone knows Hill or Hawkins are getting the ball 90% of the time.  Assign 2 LB to each, corners/DE's contain and you get what we continue seeing.  3 and outs and a dog tired D.

The confusion on O has been bad, but that's what happens when you change offenses every two years. this is this seniors class Third offense in 4 years. Their Freshmen year Under Gareri they were I formation, with the last two years under Sawyer they went spread,  and now new head coach new OC new terminology, I don't care how good you are or are not. that is just not how you build a successful program. You have to have the Jimmy's and Joe's and Consistency so they can get good at something. 

If sterling can’t win a game with Calvin this year imagine how bad it will be next year. This is what gccisd wanted though. They rezoned the first year of realignment so that in two years all three schools will be 5A so they can win by playing each other. This and next year is going to be hard to watch. GCM is 1-5(0-3) sterling is 2-4 (0-3) and Lee is 2-4 (0-3) the state of Baytown football is just really really bad and that is sad because there are talented players in Baytown they just end up being split between three schools or they transfer to neighboring schools 

3 hours ago, Loyal Ranger said:

If sterling can’t win a game with Calvin this year imagine how bad it will be next year. This is what gccisd wanted though. They rezoned the first year of realignment so that in two years all three schools will be 5A so they can win by playing each other. This and next year is going to be hard to watch. GCM is 1-5(0-3) sterling is 2-4 (0-3) and Lee is 2-4 (0-3) the state of Baytown football is just really really bad and that is sad because there are talented players in Baytown they just end up being split between three schools or they transfer to neighboring schools 

I feel your pain!!!!

3 hours ago, Loyal Ranger said:

Why not just combine all the schools into a large 6A?

I know it was voted upon, but dang this is hard to watch 

On 10/13/2018 at 5:46 PM, Alpha Wolf said:

Standings after 3rd week of district play...

North Shore 3-0

West Brook 3-0

Channelview 2-1

C.E. King 1-2

Deer Park 1-2

United 1-2

LaPorte 1-2

Sterling 0-3

On 10/10/2018 at 0:52 PM, Yeoj said:

Humble Atascocita (3,641) 4-0

Humble Summer Creek (2,237) 4-0

Humble Kingwood (2,659) 4-1

Pasadena South Houston (3,015) 3-2

Pasadena Dobie (4,277) 2-2

Humble (2,279) 2-3

Pasadena Memorial (3,491) 1-4

Pasadena Sam Rayburn (3,113) 0-4

Pasadena (2,790)  0-4 

Just to have a little fun and look down the road a little, if the regular season ended today and the playoffs started next weekend...

1st Round

D1

Pasadena South Houston @ Galena Park North Shore

Beaumont West Brook @ Humble Atascocita

D2

Humble Kingwood @ Houston CE King

Beaumont United @ Humble Summer Creek

Be mindful that Channelview, Deer Park and LaPorte are not officially eliminated from the playoff race yet and some things could move around for 21-6A over the next 3 weeks.  But in my opinion, 22-6A, our first round opponents, are set.  Also remember that #1 seeds get to host a 1st round game at their home field.