Silsbee vs Lumberton the Battle of Village Creek

BADSANTA

Sorry I stirred a few up.  And I'm not a angry parent, or player, or ex player.  And not taking jabs.  Just stating the obvious.  Been to both home games and just saying what I saw.  We run 3-4 different plays, maybe a couple more than that.  Sometimes in different formations, but same plays. And every time Mason comes in to the game on offense, he gets the ball. Good teams will pick up on that. And good coaches will scheme against.  I'm all for praising and supporting our kids.  I wish that we would win every game.  But you also have to recognize your weaknesses and address them.  That's not taking jabs, that's talking football.  And applies to all sports. 

53 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Sorry I stirred a few up.  And I'm not a angry parent, or player, or ex player.  And not taking jabs.  Just stating the obvious.  Been to both home games and just saying what I saw.  We run 3-4 different plays, maybe a couple more than that.  Sometimes in different formations, but same plays. And every time Mason comes in to the game on offense, he gets the ball. Good teams will pick up on that. And good coaches will scheme against.  I'm all for praising and supporting our kids.  I wish that we would win every game.  But you also have to recognize your weaknesses and address them.  That's not taking jabs, that's talking football.  And applies to all sports. 

When you have injuries at the qb and rb position at the same time, that kinda thins out the playbook a little.

Also, some plays may look similar but they could be different blocking schemes, different formations, etc..

In addition to that, one of our home games was Kirbyville. We killed them, why open the playbook up if you don’t need to?

1 hour ago, Coach #23 said:

I'm Mason's dad. If you had been to all of the games you would have seen that Mason does not run the ball every time he goes in on offense. He goes in to block and as a decoy which works out well. They think he is getting the ball and he don't.

2 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

And I don't appreciate you using Mason's number on you profile or his name in your post.

1 hour ago, Raiders94 said:

I'm Mason's dad. If you had been to all of the games you would have seen that Mason does not run the ball every time he goes in on offense. He goes in to block and as a decoy which works out well. They think he is getting the ball and he don't.

I'm glad you said it before I could! 

Pretty sure this topic is about the Lumberton/Silsbee Village Creek Classic/Battle/Bowl.  Let's talk about the game, the history,and the tradition.  If anyone has accurate data regarding history and results please share.

I know we took some pretty good beat downs in the early 80s.  However, the Raiders took the 84 Classic with a 4th quarter drive that consumed nearly all of the 4th quarter. Pretty sure that was the first Lumberton win in this match up.  Ran 1 play 9 times on "The Drive".

This should be a good one, but like last week, grass field conditions will make for a sloppy game.   Avoid the big play and win the turnover battle and Raiders pull this one out.  Gonna take 28 points to win.

Hope to see a great game that will help both teams get ready to dominate their respective districts over the next 6 weeks.

9 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Pretty sure this topic is about the Lumberton/Silsbee Village Creek Classic/Battle/Bowl.  Let's talk about the game, the history,and the tradition.  If anyone has accurate data regarding history and results please share.

I know we took some pretty good beat downs in the early 80s.  However, the Raiders took the 84 Classic with a 4th quarter drive that consumed nearly all of the 4th quarter. Pretty sure that was the first Lumberton win in this match up.  Ran 1 play 9 times on "The Drive".

This should be a good one, but like last week, grass field conditions will make for a sloppy game.   Avoid the big play and win the turnover battle and Raiders pull this one out.  Gonna take 28 points to win.

Hope to see a great game that will help both teams get ready to dominate their respective districts over the next 6 weeks.

If it works, why stop running the play? Run it till they stop it. What is the overall record for this series? There should be some sort of trophy handed back and forth if not one. 

This matchup began in 1978.  The last meeting between these two teams took place in 2013. Silsbee and Lumberton crossed the creek a total of 22 times during that span.  Silsbee currently holds the "OAR" as the 2013 contest was won by the Tigers. Silsbee has dominated this series winning all but 4 of these contests. "With the Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise", we are looking forward to the 23rd meeting in Silsbee on Friday night.

The Village Creek Classic, This will be the 26 meeting between Silsbee and Lumberton. The Silsbee Tigers lead the series 18-7. Silsbee won the last game played in 2013 49-21, Lumberton's last win was in 2010 21-14.

Win Streak Silsbee 9, Lumberton 6; Largest Margin Victory Silsbee 56 pts. (1987 56-0), Lumberton 27 pts. (2000 27-0); Most points by team Silsbee 56 two times ('87, '93), Lumberton 34 (2001), Most points both teams 2011 84 pts. (Sil 49-35); Least points both teams 1981 13 pts. (Sil 13-0); Shut outs by team Silsbee 9, Lumberton 1; Average margin win Silsbee 26.2 pts, Lumberton 10 pts;