Roughing The Passer Calls Are Ridiculous

The roughing the passer penalties are getting ridiculous. What is a defensive player suppose to do? I guess the NFL should just require that the QB wear a red shirt during the game just like he does in practice so no one touches him. Aaronn Rogers said it's getting ridiculous. He said the game is the only place a QB can show his toughness and now they are pampering them in games also. I wish a couple of smartarse defensive guys would get to the QB, one grab him by the shoulders and the other grab him by the feet and gently set him down on the ground as not to harm him but treat him like a baby. The way this new penalty is being enforced has already changed the outcome of some games and have kept teams from winning games they should have. If this keeps up the new league that is going to start up may just put the No Fun League out of business or make them rethink their stupid rules.They aren't playing checkers out there. This is a collision sport and these guy knew it from the very first time they ever put on the pads. They choose to play this game and get paid lots of money to play it. It may sound sinister but injuries are a part of football. The players know they can be injured anytime they step on that field. If they want to eliminate or lower the risk of injury. Then take the pads off and give them flags.

Guest ECBucFan
41 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I wish a couple of smartarse defensive guys would get to the QB, one grab him by the shoulders and the other grab him by the feet and gently set him down on the ground as not to harm him but treat him like a baby. 

I envisioned the exact same thing today. YES!