Giants@Texans

Guest ECBucFan

With the exception of a meaningless garbage time TD with 1 sec. left, the QB put up a whopping 15 points on the board against the then 0-2 NYG's at home. Included was yet another pick in the endzone. 

DW "might" be an excellent QB one day. Might. However, what would the fan base reaction be if Oswiller or Savage was the QB right now???

The picthforks would be out, carried by a very large very angry mob in the NRG parking lot. 

DW, meanwhile gets a full pass. Its "BOB fault...JJ Watts fault...the Texans Cheerleaders fault...its the hot dog vendors fault!...ANYONE but DW!  ANYONE! 

I'm all in with you on DW.  Be careful what you say about him though.  It might cost someone else a job.  He truly is not very good.  Fitzpatrick would be a huge upgrade.  Oh wait, he is making Tampa say Famous Jameis who.  O'Brien is supposed to be a quarterback whisperer.  Like I said before, I hope he calls Brady everday thanking him for his coaching gig, which will be over soon.

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

DW, meanwhile gets a full pass. Its "BOB fault...JJ Watts fault...the Texans Cheerleaders fault...its the hot dog vendors fault!...ANYONE but DW!  ANYONE!  

Just as I predicted, the Houston Chronicle just dumped DW's pathetic performance on the backs of the OFFENSIVE LINE.

I guess Brock O and Savage had 5-6 HOF's blocking for them?  

26 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I have to disagree.  A 3-4 win season should get him canned.  But as we know, McNair is clinger.

It's not a matter of how many wins. Financially Houston is tied to this dude. If they fired him after this season, the owe him 75 million over the following four years.. so 75 million buyout plus at least 10 a year for his replacement. Bill Obrien is going nowhere, regardless of what their record is this year.

Guest ECBucFan
57 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Watson throws for 390 2Tds 1 INT

Texan fan beside themselves

Large chunk of that came in garbage time, including the meaningless TD with 1 sec. on the clock.  

Only stats that matter:

Texans points on the board (before garbage time)   15.

Texans with DW starting this year --   0-3

43 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

Large chunk of that came in garbage time, including the meaningless TD with 1 sec. on the clock.  

Only stats that matter:

Texans points on the board (before garbage time)   15.

Texans with DW starting this year --   0-3

He had to throw it 40 times. He's played in 9 games and is expected to be an MVP? The Texans are 0-3 not only because of Watson. They had 23 yards rushing from RBs. Lamar Miller averaged 1 yard per carry. I'd give him more than 9 games before I'm looking to get rid of him. They average 36 points in his first 6 games, and lost 3 of those games. That on him? Nowhere your a Texan fan.

Guest ECBucFan
30 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I'd give him more than 9 games before I'm looking to get rid of him. . That on him? 

No, its NOT on him. Thats my point exactly. DW gets yet another pass,.

Brock O or Savage would be hog tied and burned alive in the NRG parking lot by now, going 0-3. 

36 minutes ago, ECBucFan said:

No, its NOT on him. Thats my point exactly. DW gets yet another pass,.

Brock O or Savage would be hog tied and burned alive in the NRG parking lot by now, going 0-3. 

The two guys you named had many years in the league. Savage led the same offense to half the point average. They were terrible. 

If you take Watson 9 games and average through a 16 game season he's on oace for 48 TDS and 20 INTs and right at 5k yards. That's ridiculous. He's not getting a pass. He was bad in game 1 mediocre in game 2 average in game 3.  But of the problems for the Texans, he's anout #4 or #5. That just is what it is. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

21 other players are on the field. Again, he's played in 9 games... How difficult do you think it is to pass effectively when your run games puts up 23 yards? Essentially a rookie, throwing it 40 times is not good, no matter who it is.

I guess if they know that a QB is not a good passer, teams can load up the box to stop the run.  Ultimately it falls on the shoulders of the inept play caller, O'Brien.

Guest ECBucFan
11 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

If you take Watson 9 games and average through a 16 game season he's on oace for 48 TDS and 20 INTs and right at 5k yards. 

Don't cherry pick and stop there. Extrapolate his W-L record too. 

DW , the most hyped Texan QB ever, is 3-5 so far, so full season = 6-10 .

And thats working with far better receivers than the others had.

11 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Don't cherry pick and stop there. Extrapolate his W-L record too. 

DW , the most hyped Texan QB ever, is 3-5 so far, so full season = 6-10 .

And thats working with far better receivers than the others had.

I guess, if were saying he is the reason they win and lose. 

L to New Endland - 36-33

L to KC- 42-34 a game in which he threw 5 TDS with 0 picks

L to Seattle- 41-38