Week 5 Polls

PhatMack19

16 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I’m actually scared, this has trap game written all over it..,Texas coming off two big wins against a struggling KState team, in a place Texas has trouble, I hope we’re mature enough to take care of business 

I agree. Manhattan, KS has not been kind to the horns dating back to the Colt McCoy days.

41 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Current staff also has a history of playing down to bad teams. Hopefully that trend will change too.

Thats my whole thing, We all know Tom will get up for the big games, but its the teams that arent as good that we dont play good against ..(Maryland, Tulsa) This game may say more about the maturity/growth of this team more then the USC, Tcu game 

The point is that it’s long been a widely known “secret” that coaches don’t want to bothered with voting in that thing.   And SIDs don’t want that responsibility either so it’s usually whatever lackey the SID throws the form to that votes.  As a result, embarrassing situations arise where you have two teams in the same conference, same record, and the one that is ranked is the one who just got their behinds handed to them in their own stadium by the still unranked team.  That poll should have been scrapped long ago.   The funny part is the average fan has always believed that to be the more accurate poll because “the coaches vote on that one.”